football_fan

Dead Drummers

I love their cover of Satisfaction.

That's Devo, btw, not The Wurzels. 

Although I'm sure they could do it justice.

Gotta love this too.

10 minutes ago, Toast said:

I love their cover of Satisfaction.

That's Devo, btw, not The Wurzels. 

Although I'm sure they could do it justice.

The wurzles never mind the bullocks album is full of fantastic covers. I honestly think they could do any song justice

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

The wurzles never mind the bullocks album is full of fantastic covers. I honestly think they could do any song justice

It includes an OohArr-sis cover IIRC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Never heard of them no matter what thread you dump the corpse in.

who

fucking

cares

4 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

who

fucking

cares

You picked up what I was laying down :clap:

Report of the death of drummer with The Ohio Players Gregory "Greg" Webster: 

His period with the band did not cover their sole UK hit, Who'd She Coo? as the drummer by then was James "Diamond" Williams.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Tweet reporting the death of American blues and jazz drummer Sam Lay (wiki), aged 86.

A member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he worked with Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Willie Dixon and The Paul Butterfield Blues Band.

• Like 2

Philip Paul has passed away at age 96, He was an iconic drummer who created ‘The Twist’. He was a part of the original recordings of iconic songs such as “Fever” and “Please Come Home for Christmas.”

The Philip Paul Trio’s pianist, Tom Schneider, reported Paul died of COVID-19 on Sunday night.

Even after performing with Dizzy Gillespie at Cincinnati’s Cotton Club or New York City’s Apollo, the drummer who helped make jazz what it is today continued to play the drums far into his nineties. He celebrated his 95th birthday with a concert at the Symphony Hotel and Restaurant.

SC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Philip Paul has passed away at age 96, He was an iconic drummer who created ‘The Twist’. He was a part of the original recordings of iconic songs such as “Fever” and “Please Come Home for Christmas.”

The Philip Paul Trio’s pianist, Tom Schneider, reported Paul died of COVID-19 on Sunday night.

Even after performing with Dizzy Gillespie at Cincinnati’s Cotton Club or New York City’s Apollo, the drummer who helped make jazz what it is today continued to play the drums far into his nineties. He celebrated his 95th birthday with a concert at the Symphony Hotel and Restaurant.

SC

Deathobits.com is a spam site, not a news source.

A rookie mistake for a long-term DL member. I hope you won't mind me saying, seeing as you always grill others on their slip ups.

Local obit from a reputable source.

• Like 2

Tito Matos, a master percussionist, revered educator and lifelong champion of the Puerto Rican style of music known as plena, died on Jan. 18 in San Juan, P.R. He was 53.

His wife said the cause was a heart attack.

SC

Drummer Howard Grimes, one of the pillars of the Memphis sound, has died

Nicknamed "The Bulldog" for his tenacity behind the kit, Grimes' career stretched across seven decades. A critical figure in the early years at Stax Records, he made his lasting legacy as a member of the famed Hi Rhythm section, providing the backbeat for classic albums by Al Green, Ann Peebles, Otis Clay and O.V. Wright, among others.  

Grimes, who had been in and out of the hospital since late January, died of kidney failure at Saint Francis Hospital on Saturday. His death was confirmed by Scott Bomar, his bandmate in The Bo-Keys. Grimes was 80.  
SC

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

1960s rock drummer Sandy Nelson dead at 83

From the first album I ever owned

New Orleans drummer Kevin O'Day has died. He performed with many groups, including The Single Atom Theory and the Midnite Disturbers. He was also among the first musicians to organize a show in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

SC

• Like 1

Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters dead: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 6

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters dead: 

This.....

....hurts a lot....

:unsure:.