Windsor

Bird Flu

Oh no, it's goat flu! Now we're for it.

What an extraordinary forum that is, it seems to cater for the half-witted and the illiterate - the thread entitled "kkkkkkkkkkkk so fanny" being a case in point. Not, you'd have thought, people who were overly concerned whether Somalia is going to become a stable democracy. That, and a singing turkey in one day. :)

How does this bird flu compare to Mad Cow disease? Is one more favorable to accquire than the other?

How does this bird flu compare to Mad Cow disease? Is one more favorable to accquire than the other?

I'd rather eat a mad cow than a foul fowl.

How does this bird flu compare to Mad Cow disease?  Is one more favorable to accquire than the other?

I'd rather eat a mad cow than a foul fowl.

:o I think I will just stick with seafood.

My advice is go Veggie.... :o

Or just avoid eating poultry, if you're that worried. :D

I've been reading about the one of the possible symptoms is an overzealous immune response to bird flu killing the 15 to 45 year old age group called a "cykotine storm" in http://www.birdfluinsider.com. Who in the 50 are between 15 and 45?

I've been reading about the one of the possible symptoms is an overzealous immune response to bird flu killing the 15 to 45 year old age group called a "cykotine storm" in http://www.birdfluinsider.com. Who in the 50 are between 15 and 45?

Maradona is 45, but there's more chance of him being struck by lightning than dying from bird flu.

What's more interesting are the reports that China are covering up the amount of deaths and outbreaks of Bird Flu.

I've been reading about the one of the possible symptoms is an overzealous immune response to bird flu killing the 15 to 45 year old age group called a "cykotine storm" in http://www.birdfluinsider.com.  Who in the 50 are between 15 and 45?

Maradona is 45, but there's more chance of him being struck by lightning than dying from bird flu.

What's more interesting are the reports that China are covering up the amount of deaths and outbreaks of Bird Flu.

Since when is China covering something up a surprise? :blink:

That's the last thing the iraqi public need...

Tomorrow's Bird Flu News... Today!

Last Updated 31/01/2006, 03:08:57

Iraq's Health Minister says new tests have confirmed that an Iraqi girl died on January 17 in the Kurdish city of Sulaimaniya from bird flu.

It's the country's first death from the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu.

The World Health Organisation had initially ruled out the girl as dying from the virus.

It is now asking for further tests to be carried out in a laboratory in Britain and is sending a mission to Iraq to assess the situation.

Iraqi officials are concerned that the violence and anarchy that have impoverished the country has left its frontiers porous and sanitary regulations unenforceable.

They say it would be very difficult for Baghdad to control any epidemic among wildfowl and poultry.

It's got as far as France, which means it's as-good-as in the UK now too. Blair's spin-obsessed government must be working SO hard vetoing the tabloid press, otherwise there'd be no other news reaching the front pages.

I'm picturing a Sunday Mirror front page montage of Clive Dunn throwing a bag of live swans into an incinerator shouting "Don't Panic!" :lol:

Symptoms:

1:Non-Stop Coughing

2:Dhiarorhea

3:Nausea

4:Skin Turns White

5:Sudden Urge to Crap On someone's car.

Sounds like a good nite out! :lol:

Do you think it's as serious as the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918? It does not yet seem to have the communicability of past epidemics.

Not yet, it doesn't. When it does, it could well be just as bad - especially since international travel is so much easier nowadays. Apparently the virus has some of the same genetic features as the 1918 one.

I suppose bird flu is news whereas bird flew isn't. Mind, if a bird survived bird flu it might make the headline: Bird flu bird flew.

Mind, if a bird survived bird flu it might make the headline: Bird flu bird flew.

Ouch!

regards,

Hein

Given the compensation culture in the UK these days, I've been thinking.

Recently, someone who worked in an insurance claims office managed to win an insurance claim after tripping over insurance claims forms...

So, as Her Majesty's Government have not said whether it is possible to catch bird-flu by having intercourse with an infected bird, does that mean if someone does catch it that way they would have the audacity to sue the Government?

Just a thought - and that would make some startling headlines. :rolleyes:

Given the compensation culture in the UK these days, I've been thinking.

Recently, someone who worked in an insurance claims office managed to win an insurance claim after tripping over insurance claims forms...

So, as Her Majesty's Government have not said whether it is possible to catch bird-flu by having intercourse with an infected bird, does that mean if someone does catch it that way they would have the audacity to sue the Government?

Just a thought - and that would make some startling headlines. :(

Like: Bird flu over the cuckoo's test

or: Choughs and sneezes spread diseases

or: Cock a doodle flu

The first case of Bird Flu on an EU farm has been confirmed.

French Turkey Farm has bird flu outbreak.

Right then...let's repeat the actions of the French during the Foot-and-mouth outbreak. Ban all sales of French Poultry. Ban all sales of French lamb, Ban all sales of French beef, bread, letters etc. Just as a precaution, like.