Death Watch Beatle

McDonald's - bad for your health ...

I refer the house to recent discussions of Boudicca's sister, a 10 year old 'sprite' now 'buried' under a 20 year diet of McDonalds.

Not a pleasant thought.

Whate i hate of McDonalds is therere weidrd sauce on the BigMacs. Ypou kknowe years ago theree was a story that they putrt grpound wporms in there burghers. I liker there fries though and theire apple pie was nice but alwwqays a weird smell in therir stores.

Ladies and Gentlemen. Having seen, first hand, the hygiene practices conducted in these fast food outlets I for one would avoid their brand of rapidly served, reheated food, at all costs... :referee:

Most teenagers couldn't manage their underwear so I cannot understand why they're fit to manage a food establisment. :o

Whate i hate of McDonalds is therere weidrd sauce on the BigMacs. Ypou kknowe years ago theree was a story that they putrt grpound wporms in there burghers. I liker there fries though and theire apple pie was nice but alwwqays a weird smell in therir stores.

Many years ago I heard on the radio that the "secret sauce" had been chemically analysed, and it turned out to be Thousand Island dressing. Not sure if it's true, but I reckon so. Also I believe it used to be the case that their "shakes" were called "shakes" and not "milkshakes" as there were, in fact, no milk ingredients in them at all, but rather potato powder stuff. Stopped drinking them after that, although that was many years ago and I would guess McDicks have pulled their socks up somewhat in terms of their ingredients. But who knows...

Many years ago I heard on the radio that the "secret sauce" had been chemically analysed, and it turned out to be Thousand Island dressing. Not sure if it's true, but I reckon so. Also I believe it used to be the case that their "shakes" were called "shakes" and not "milkshakes" as there were, in fact, no milk ingredients in them at all, but rather potato powder stuff. Stopped drinking them after that, although that was many years ago and I would guess McDicks have pulled their socks up somewhat in terms of their ingredients. But who knows...

Whatever...

Can't be arsed to read this whole thread through...but...

but watched matey eating the sh*t for '30' days and that was enough for me...

Protecting the kids.....

Whatever...

Protecting the kids.....

Booooooooooooo! :unsure:

Two thumbs down. You suck.

Given the amount of money McDonald's have given to the IRA every year, I'm amazed they're still in business.

Then again, McDonalds will be around long after McGuinness and Adams are pushing up daisies. Or, hopefully, proping up a concrete flyover.

Sorry guys but if it's a choice between eating at McDonalds or eating a grotesque pile of fetid stool, I'm for the Maccy-Dees every time!

Da da da da daaaaaa... I'm luervin it!

Clive Sinclair - RIP?

there's a story i've seen several times, which i believe originated in a book by someone who had worked for the US food & drugs people (apologies for not knowing the dept's correct title), about macdonalds paper drives in south america. these were community recycling programmes. seems like a nice piece of giving it back... except that the gathered papers were then pulped and used in the burger mix.

does this make them half-veggie burgers? would they be healthier than the usual fat and gristle?

btw - anyone who knows the book this story originally comes from, can they post the title as i'd love to get hold of it.

I heard it was chicken fat they use to make the shakes. Not sure if McDonalds do that because here at least they call the vile things "Milkshakes", but at Burger King it's just "Shakes"

May or may not be true...

Whatever...

Protecting the kids.....

Booooooooooooo! :lol:

Huh? Not sure what you're implying, IE. I was referring to the film 'Supersize Me'. Watched that and it made me feel so sick I don't think I could ever eat another one in my life. The details in the film regarding the effects on long term health were alarming, to say the least.

So, I try to protect my kids by feeding them healthy food...why the F**k does that make me suck?

Whatever...

Protecting the kids.....

Huh? Not sure what you're implying, IE. I was referring to the film 'Supersize Me'. Watched that and it made me feel so sick I don't think I could ever eat another one in my life. The details in the film regarding the effects on long term health were alarming, to say the least.

So, I try to protect my kids by feeding them healthy food...why the F**k does that make me suck?

I was just sick of reading your quasi-waste-of-space myriad drunken posts in all the different threads you posted that night, especially the "Look Ma! I know swear words!"-themed ones. Sorry, I probably should have been more specific.

Whatever...

Protecting the kids.....

I was just sick of reading your quasi-waste-of-space myriad drunken posts in all the different threads you posted that night, especially the "Look Ma! I know swear words!"-themed ones. Sorry, I probably should have been more specific.

Oh, okay. Sincerest, deepest apologies for having offended your obvious sense of perfection. You have shown me the light and I shall never drink in your sensitive presence again.

Nor eat Maccy D's, lest I should now be accused of being off topic.

P.S. I've come back and edited this as it's been bothering me, on and off, for most of the day. I've been back and checked and the night in question there was eleven posts from me. Hardly a myriad. And of those, only a couple contain swear words and these are replies to TLC (drunk, bored thread) and Star Crossed who called me a C**t. (Jokingly, I believe, I didn't pick up on any lasting malice.)

I went in the Chat Room at some point, I remember that, and I dread to think what I slurred way through in there, but as far as my posts were concerned, I can't really see what's irking you so. Many member's posts leave me cold, but I don't feel the urge to announce on the thread that I think they suck and I've read worse and more offensive drunken posts than mine.

If we have a problem, let's sort it out. Otherwise, can we just get back to posting? I mean, I find the majority

of your posts fairly vacuous, but I keep it to myself. Oops.

Anyway, getting back on topic...I don't like their burgers, how about you?

Jim Delligatti, creator of the Big Mac, dies aged 98.

Michael James “Jim” Delligatti, the McDonald’s franchisee who created the Big Mac nearly 50 years ago and saw it become perhaps the best-known fast-food sandwich in the world, died Monday at home in Pittsburgh. Delligatti, who according to his son ate at least one 540-calorie Big Mac a week for decades, was 98.

Bit reminiscent of the heavy smokers who still make it to at least 90.

Michael James “Jim” Delligatti, the McDonald’s franchisee who created the Big Mac nearly 50 years ago and saw it become perhaps the best-known fast-food sandwich in the world, died Monday at home in Pittsburgh. Delligatti, who according to his son ate at least one 540-calorie Big Mac a week for decades, was 98.

Like Fidel?

Michael James Jim Delligatti, the McDonalds franchisee who created the Big Mac nearly 50 years ago and saw it become perhaps the best-known fast-food sandwich in the world, died Monday at home in Pittsburgh. Delligatti, who according to his son ate at least one 540-calorie Big Mac a week for decades, was 98.

Like Fidel?
Or "Hungarian director and Cannes nominee" Miklós Jancsó: http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-jancso-idUKBREA0U1D620140131

Frequently depicted with tobacco pipes in his mouth, he died at the ripe old age of 92 after a battle with lung cancer. Beware children, smoking kills!

post-11306-0-50555200-1480538190_thumb.jpg

Had a quick look and the inventors of the Chicken Nugget, Filet-O-Fish and the Burger King Whopper are dead too.

Still to find out who invented the Apple Pie That Is Hotter Than The Centre Of The Sun.

Additionally, in passing we should note that Andrew J McKenna (b. 1929) stepped down as non-executive Chairman of McD's this year.

Very possible he'd get a FT Obit.

Just thought I would bring this old thread up again. Lest we forget the ills of the Big Mac. 

If you want this thread to get more attention you should Supersize it.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find this more an extra-curricular activity now...:lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I find this more an extra-curricular activity now...:lol:

Yes it is and should be placed there.  No smileys from me.  
SC