Lady Grendel

Funereal Music

Peter Sellers absolutely hated Glen Miller's In the Mood, apparently, and his parting joke to a funeral packed with showbiz "pals" who barely knew him was to oblige the vicar to talk about Peter's love of music before that song was played, meaning everyone sat in reverent silence apart from his handful of real friends who started pissing themselves laughing.

I'll probs be spared the hangers on at my funeral but I might lumber everyone with Celine Dion's My Heart Will go on cos - frankly - I think her records are shite and I sure as hell won't be there any more.

Oh aye, and I have a will and - so far - reasonable relatives who won't turn muderous when it comes to dividing up the vast fortune I've earned in between bouts of posting hereabouts.

I'd love Amy Winehouse's Rehab to be played at my funeral.

• Like 1

Shine on by jet

• Like 1

I'd like 'Another one bites the dust' at my funeral but my sister has said she won't do it.'My Way' is another one i wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

Everything is borrowed is my current choice.

Just been finalising my Will. The event will be for the guests rather than for me, but I think I am going to specify one song which must be played.

This version of The Rainbow Connection:

but you are only 48 that's not old enough to write a will

On the contrary, everybody, especially if you have children or assets, should make a will, because if you don't it leaves a right fucking mess behind for everyone else to have to fight over.

1. Paul Williams is the only version of Rainbow Connection I acknowledge. Well Kermit the Frog's of course pfft.

2. MorbidKid is a young man and knows not what he speaks. I direct you to our '45 and Under' link re: 48 is too young to have a Will. Anyone with a kid needs one, as Lard B says. In that sense, at 52 I'm guilty as charged but I really don't have much besides debt and any orts in my income I've thrown in a savings account for my daughter, my ad hoc 'Will' I'm leaving for her.

SC

At Sir Creep's funeral no doubt the final song will be Exile by Enya, that should get the tears welling up and he wants everyone to feel great remorse for his loss.
SC has also compiled a list of all contemporary music waltzes (if anyone is ever interested, ask) and as a prelude to Enya's tear-jerker, Sir Creep thinks that they should play his personal favourite A Sunday Smile by Beirut.
SirC

(Edit: An aside, if En Passant wants to make fun of another waltz, Lulu's Eurovision entry "Boom Bang-A-Bang", Sir Creep will have to ask him to step outside and take what's coming to him.)

I believe I recently mentioned Sparks "Number One Song In Heaven" in this connection.

But I also quite fancy Jon & Vangelis "I'll Find My Way Home".

• Like 1

I'm 48 as well, and had thought about a will a decade ago. I didn't do it and now I couldn't care. Anything I have :lol: would go to my siblings, and we aren't really that close (I got an email off my sis 4 years ago, it's my turn to reply ).

I went in for a fairly big op 6 years ago and said 'none' to the next of kin question, and when I peg it, it would be kinda cool in this day of instantaneous news if my family never found out.

Re funeral music, 'Fire' by Arthur Brown would do...

Actually , naw. Scratch that.

Make it thus;

Short. Sharp. To the point.

• Like 3

Guest KeiraV

All By Myself - Eric Carmen