VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

That's 9 minutes' silence before the weekend matches.

The way we used to play, we'd hold 90 minutes of silence for the loss of life of decent football that we'd just seen. :)

Guest iain

former Israeli cabinet minister Yuval Ne'eman has died at 80

and the spanish left wing leader Jokin Gorostidi. has died at 62

also Canadian author Jane Jacobs is dead

and Finnish composer Eric Bergman is dead at 94

plus Moses Teitelbaum leader of the large and politically influential Satmar Hasidic movement for more than a quarter century has passed away at 91

also writer producer and director David Peckinpah (nephew of director Sam Peckinpah) has died at 54

political aide to Presidents Nixon Ford and Reagan Robert Carleson has died at 75

popular canadian politician Jobie Nutarak has been accidentally shot dead during a hunting trip at 58

finally for now the former LA police chief and senator Ed Davis

has died at 89.He pioneered community policing and neighbourhood watch

Guest iain

canadian sports broadcaster Pat Marsden has died at 69

and the guitarist of the band Toby Beau Daniel Mckenna has committed suicide aged 54

William Durkin

"the Marine who pulled Howard Hughes from the wreckage of a plane he had been test-piloting over Beverly Hills"

hi guys,I am new here,and i need your help,this guy died in late 90's,the thing is i don't know his name,he was model-actor,he made commercial for Calvin Klein jeans,then he was invited in some TV serial about trouble teens and become a sensation over night ,but his heavy drugs abuse killed him <i saw True Hollywood Story about him and didn't catsh his name all i remember he was living with his brother <his mom walk away on him and that he died in some cheap motel,please help me with his name,he had black hire and blue/brown eyes and an angel face, somehow he remined of James Dean or young Marlon Brando

hi guys,I am new here,and i need your help,this guy died in late 90's,the thing is i don't know his name,he was model-actor,he made commercial for Calvin Klein jeans,then he was invited in some TV serial about trouble teens and become a sensation over night ,but his heavy drugs abuse killed him <i saw True Hollywood Story about him and didn't catsh his name all i remember he was living with his brother <his mom walk away on him and that he died in some cheap motel,please help me with his name,he had black hire and blue/brown eyes and an angel face, somehow he remined of James Dean or young Marlon Brando

Hi Lost Boy. Welcome. Could I refer you to this useful thread for the first part of your quest. Read it all and try to digest every little bit of it.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1569

Then visit this thread: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2161 so that you can change your name to Well Informed Boy. Have a nice day.

Perhaps this will help you, Lost Boy.

Remember: Google is your friend.

And deathlist is not Google.

Hi Lost Boy. Welcome. Could I refer you to this useful thread for the first part of your quest. Read it all and try to digest every little bit of it.

Then visit this thread: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2161 so that you can change your name to Well Informed Boy. Have a nice day.

You are quite the detective Godot. Perhaps you could change your name to "The Deathlist Dick!"

You are quite the detective Godot. Perhaps you could change your name to "The Deathlist Dick!"

thanks a lot guys i knew i can count on you and google,anyway i found him

Birthplace: Philadelphia, PA

Birthday: 7-31-1967

Date of Death: 4-11-1998

Cause of Death: Drug Overdose

Discovered by Paul Morrissey in New York City Has an older brother named Eddie and sister-in-law named Beckie. Calvin Klein model. While in prison, Harvey earned his High School Diploma. Died in the Barbazon Hotel in Los Angeles, California - room 222 Dated Drew Barrymore, Uma Thurman and Roxana Zal

His name RODNEY HARVEY

0-11-42.jpg

Discovered by Paul Morrissey in New York City Has an older brother named Eddie and sister-in-law named Beckie. Calvin Klein model. While in prison, Harvey earned his High School Diploma. Died in the Barbazon Hotel in Los Angeles, California - room 222 Dated Drew Barrymore, Uma Thurman and Roxana Zal

His name RODNEY HARVEY

Jammy bugger! :D

Another famous one has died:

Cobra-artist Karel Appel died today in Zurich at the age of 85.

Link: Het Laatste Nieuws

I know it's in dutch, but i couldn't find an english one yet

[moved from near misses thread - HCW]

Another famous one has died:

Cobra-artist Karel Appel died today in Zurich at the age of 85.

Link: Het Laatste Nieuws

I know it's in dutch, but i couldn't find an english one yet

[moved from near misses thread - HCW]

Damn! Another dead Dutch artist. I expect an obit in UK media, he was reasonably famous abroad, especially in the US.

Here's a translation of the first paragraph:

Dutch artist Karel Appel died in Zurich, Switzerland at 85. Karel Appel was born 25 April 1921 in the Dapperstraat in Amsterdam, in a workers' neighbourhood. His full name is Christiaan Karel Appel. His father was a milkman's son and ran a barber's shop, the meeting place of the neighbourhood.

regards,

Hein

Here's a link that could be used to say smoking is dangerous, but I think sheer stupidity, in this case, even more so:

Only the Stupid die young

:P As a smoker myself I'd like to think that if I did that (not that I've got any plans to), I could probably wait until I'd changed clothes before I 'sparked up'. :(

I'm not sure anyone deserves that to happen just for being monumentally stupid, but you could almost put it down as a suicide, so likely were the consequences.

Here's a link that could be used to say smoking is dangerous, but I think sheer stupidity, in this case, even more so:

Only the Stupid die young

:P As a smoker myself I'd like to think that if I did that (not that I've got any plans to), I could probably wait until I'd changed clothes before I 'sparked up'. :(

I'm not sure anyone deserves that to happen just for being monumentally stupid, but you could almost put it down as a suicide, so likely were the consequences.

One for the Darwin awards methinks.

What sort of joke/prank was it? I can't think of anything amusing that involves dousing oneself in petrol (or similar). That's always a great get-out line for anything stupid, it was just a joke. Unless I share a wildly different sense of humour to the great and the good, which is always possible!

What sort of joke/prank was it? I can't think of anything amusing that involves dousing oneself in petrol (or similar). That's always a great get-out line for anything stupid, it was just a joke. Unless I share a wildly different sense of humour to the great and the good, which is always possible!

I suppose the genetic traits that lead to such jokes have been pruned from your ancestry ages ago. Isn't natural selection wonderful?

regards,

Hein

Guest iain

Johnny from Johnny and the Hurricanes has died

Edited by Magere Hein

One for the not exactly famous first:

Georgy Korniyenko, who was a US based Soviet foreign minister & diplomat, and a key figure in diffusing the Cold War,

has died, aged 81.

Two, not famous at all, but worth a mention:

Holiday Reps Killed

I don't know either, but I do know their manager, and many of their colleagues. I can barely imagine how they're coping right now - It's desperately sad when it happens, as it did to us, in Crete, in 2000. The spokesman's right - We are a close knit community. :o;)

Added to this, it looks like one of my sister's bridesmaids for her wedding on the 10th June is going to lose her battle with terminal cancer before the wedding AND one of the youngest attendees, a lad of two, has had an accident, suffered terrible burns and now is greviously ill in hospital, means I've been in a foul mood today. Looking at my posts, I'm surprised I've sounded so normal. Maybe coming here is a release, I don't know.

Guest iain

the irish actor Breandán Ó Dúill has died at 70

and US congressman Gillespie V. Montgomery has died at 85

also the american actor Michael Taliferro has died at 45

and Ive just heard the shock news that the former leader of the Irish labour party and deputy prime minister Michael O'Leary has drowned in a freak accident

Edited by Magere Hein