VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Robert Keith-Reid , journalist and publisher has died in Suva, Fiji.

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest iain

former USSR deputy foreign minnister Georgi Korniyenko has gone .he headed the soviet embassy in Washington DC during the Cuban missile crisis and thius played a key role in saving humanity.Is he famous enough?

I didn't think so, which is why I posted him in "not famous, but worth a mention", about 4 days ago.

:P

Oh right.Well anyway I hear that the former US senator for Nevada Chic Hecht has died

and the veteran CBS news corresponmdent George Crile has died at 61

kelton the cop is gone - how shallow am i that this is the one that affects me... he couldn't act, but so what? that was part of the charm.

Guest Shuffler

It's good to note that despite the fact that their national team hasn't won a match since the days of Puskas and Hidegkuti (or at least that's how it sometimes seems), football is still important in Hungary

It's good to note that despite the fact that their national team hasn't won a match since the days of Puskas and Hidegkuti (or at least that's how it sometimes seems), football is still important in Hungary

Firstly, Well done sir, for remembering the great Hidegkuti. A legend, too easily forgotten

"She neglected her household duties, refused to cook and liked a drink from time to time" After violently ending his missus, he rang the hospital, simply saying, "it looks like my wife has died," before taking off with his son for the big local soccer match.

Can't see anything wrong here, the man clearly has his priorities correct. :)

Freddie Garrity no longer with us. I've only just registered as well. Beginner's luck?

:)

PS He'll be dreaming for a while now.

Welcome to DeathList, Tartarus. I like your nick.

Freddie Garrity is in the class of people "world famous in the UK". His death was already reported here. This thread will soon be merged with that one. I don't know if that is any luck at all. :o

regards,

Hein

Freddie Garrity no longer with us. I've only just registered as well. Beginner's luck?

:o

PS He'll be dreaming for a while now.

Welcome to DeathList, Tartarus. I like your nick.

Freddie Garrity is in the class of people "world famous in the UK". His death was already reported here. This thread will soon be merged with that one. I don't know if that is any luck at all. ;)

regards,

Hein

Thanks for the kind words. Still trying to find my way around. Takes a while; me being a 'silver surfer' :)

I see you're from Scotland Tartarus. There are an awful lot of your kind here.

Hmmm. Noticed that myself. Something in the national psyche? Coincidence? What do you think?

Hmmm. Noticed that myself. Something in the national psyche? Coincidence? What do you think?

There are a lot of us Jocks here, although we no longer live in gods country.

There are a lot of us Jocks here, although we no longer live in gods country.

You're not missing much. The country is effectively run by a church council these days and all the political 'big hitters' are in London.

"Naked Guy" dead at 33

... worth a mention here, methinks.

Really? Since he had no respect for his education why would anybody have thought to presume he would have had respect for life or this lovely forum. A true gentleman would have aged properly so we could have opportuned and capitalized upon his expected ending at an elderly age.

the bishop of Taunton has died at 61 !
The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Rt Revd Peter Price, paid

The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells, he paid? I suspect some dark secrets here.

regards,

Hein

Alan Sapper

Former union leader who instigated the strike which saw ITV go off the air for a time in 1979.

"he was one of the few union leaders to get the better of Mrs Thatcher"

... she'll be having a sly grin to herself now then!

Top Dutch sailor dead: Hans Horrevoets, 32, swept from the deck of ABN Amro Two in the Volvo round the world race.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ing/4992664.stm

Movie Star sank today. Two more legs - could be one or two more.

;)

the bishop of Taunton has died at 61 !

That's about as exciting as it gets around where I live! More breaking news from this neck of the woods, although I don't think the national papers could deal with it, all about fairy cakes. It takes a little while to load up, so keep with it, it's really worth it!