Death Watch Beatle

Camilla, Queen Consort

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Don't get this calling women "horses" thing. People do it with Sarah Jessica Parker and Heather Mills as well.

No 'whores' not 'horse' :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was actually meaning she has a naughty sense of humour as do you  so even if you are a republican  or a big Diana fan who thinks Camilla can 'never be forgiven'  - I think despite that you would really enjoy being in her company  as I'm sure she would disarm you!:D

I think Camilla could even disarm  the likes  of @Lord Fellatio Nelson who also has a bit of a potty mouth  and sense of humour!

Yeah, I would.:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Article is about her speaking at a reception commemorating International Women's Day, and you come out with that. Bravo. -_-

Don't get this calling women "horses" thing. People do it with Sarah Jessica Parker and Heather Mills as well. Would you say a man looks like a horse? Never heard anyone use that comparison, so it's just pure misogyny really.

Heather Mills goes by the name of 'Peg Leg'.

The only thing that is 'horse' about her is that she has been ridden more times than Red Rum.

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Are you referring to being hung like a donkey?! Because that brings me very close to what has been on my mind  since I changed my avatar to Alexis Carrington after losing my bet with you..  and that is how far can I push the sexy raunch with my avatar picture? One person kindly posted a hot picture of Joan Collins having sex on a swing with a hunky dilf that I may use soon !

But how much more sexy and nude can I go with my avatar? I have loads of hot pictures of sexy actors, models, Instagram hunks, celebrities,  sports stars  on my mobile  I could upload !!:wub::P

Well I have a chimp holding a dildo as my avatar.

Just sayin, like.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well I have a chimp holding a dildo as my avatar.

Just sayin, like.

And you used to have a wanking chimp.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Camilla's cousin found dead in London Hotel

Charles Villiers, technically second cousin, aged 59

I think it's a lot more distant than that.   His mother was a Keppel, as was Camilla's grandmother, but after a quick click through The Peerage, they don't seem to have been closely related.

If he was a second cousin to Camilla, they would share a great-grandparent.

One for the Deathlist Detectives?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

I think it's a lot more distant than that.   His mother was a Keppel, as was Camilla's grandmother, but after a quick click through The Peerage, they don't seem to have been closely related.

If he was a second cousin to Camilla, they would share a great-grandparent.

One for the Deathlist Detectives?

That is a misleading article then it stated that his mother was a cousin to Camilla 

7 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

That is a misleading article then it stated that his mother was a cousin to Camilla 

The linked articles are paywalled so I can't see if there are further details there.

But "cousin" isn't a term limited to first cousins, it can be pretty general.  I have five first cousins, and a lot of other relatives who are cousins in various degrees, but I tend to refer to them as "my cousin" as frankly people aren't interested in whether they're first cousins once or twice removed, second cousins or whatever.

Cousin_calculator.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Toast said:

The linked articles are paywalled so I can't see if there are further details there.

But "cousin" isn't a term limited to first cousins, it can be pretty general.  I have five first cousins, and a lot of other relatives who are cousins in various degrees, but I tend to refer to them as "my cousin" as frankly people aren't interested in whether they're first cousins once or twice removed, second cousins or whatever.

Cousin_calculator.jpg

Surely the entire aristocracy must be closer than the limit of the Green area.

The inbred bastards

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In view of the latest news on Her Maj's health, I'd like to register my objection to this Camilla person getting to sit on a throne in any capacity.

Of course, this is a democracy that isn't a democracy in this instance anyway. :lol:

This may have been covered before but she can hardly claim the "King Mother" if Charlie dies and William succeeds. Wonder what they will call her in that unfortunate happenstance.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

In view of the latest news on Her Maj's health, I'd like to register my objection to this Camilla person getting to sit on a throne in any capacity.

Of course, this is a democracy that isn't a democracy in this instance anyway. :lol:

This may have been covered before but she can hardly claim the "King Mother" if Charlie dies and William succeeds. Wonder what they will call her in that unfortunate happenstance.

Object away, it'll make no difference to anything.

Why do you think she might be called 'King Mother'? The title queen mother (lower-case) is generally given to widows of Kings who are the mothers of successor monarchs, which doesn't apply in Camilla's case, so they'll either have to create a title for her (so maybe queen step-mother), but Queen Mother (Upper Case) was formally adopted as a title by George VIs widow as she was still young and playing an active role in state duties (don't quote me, I might be wrong).

You never know, it could be moot as Charles abolishes the monarchy, then they do away with each other in a sort of Squid Games murder-suicide ceremony.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Surely upon Charles Death she will just become the Dowager Duchess of Cornwall and remain in the background during the start of William's reign until she herself passes away

• Like 2

I think she would be Queen Camilla, in the same way as Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra were known by their own names when widowed, as opposed to "The Queen".

A complication arose when George VI died, as his widow and successor were both called Elizabeth, hence the adoption of the style Queen Mother for his widow. to avoid confusion.

If Princess Margaret had been the elder and had succeeded, I doubt the "Queen Mother" style would have been used she would have been Queen Elizabeth.  When she had a runner at the races, the race card used to show the owner as "Queen Elizabeth", whereas the Queen is simply "The Queen".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I dare say this threads title will be changing soon.

Hopefully to Camilla Parker-Bowles-Windsor. :P

17 hours ago, Toast said:

I think she would be Queen Camilla, in the same way as Queen Mary and Queen Alexandra were known by their own names when widowed, as opposed to "The Queen".

A complication arose when George VI died, as his widow and successor were both called Elizabeth, hence the adoption of the style Queen Mother for his widow. to avoid confusion.

If Princess Margaret had been the elder and had succeeded, I doubt the "Queen Mother" style would have been used she would have been Queen Elizabeth.  When she had a runner at the races, the race card used to show the owner as "Queen Elizabeth", whereas the Queen is simply "The Queen".

And of course that only happened because they didn’t expect either to be a Queen

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

And of course that only happened because they didn’t expect either to be a Queen

Not really.  It used to be common for children to be given the same name as a parent, and not just in aristocratic circles.  It's fallen out of fashion now.

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not really.  It used to be common for children to be given the same name as a parent, and not just in aristocratic circles.  It's fallen out of fashion now.

It’s still reasonably common in my family.

A neighbour of mine had the same Christian name as his brother which I always found odd.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

A neighbour of mine had the same Christian name as his brother which I always found odd.

I have the same Christian name as my father, both my grandfathers and my maternal uncle

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have the same Christian name as my father, both my grandfathers and my maternal uncle

You see that I get that but siblings having the same name I find odd.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Yeah that is weird but are they often christened with the same first name but known by their middle names

3 hours ago, Sean said:

I believe I'm right in saying all of George Foreman's children are called George Foreman? (Even the girls)