Death Watch Beatle

Camilla, Queen Consort

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

That’s interesting because on social media Harry is still quite popular with younger anti establishment types. 

Indeed. It’s all gotten rather pathetic. 

There are people out there who actually believe the King chose his Coronation date to spite the Sussexes. They are genuinely offended by it. Let that sink in. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

That’s interesting because on social media Harry is still quite popular with younger anti establishment types. 

Actually the tide is turning. Meghan has recently been caught lying on her podcast about various things she has claimed and the twitter folk who used to support the pair are now hating her and wanting the two to divorce.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I don't really think the segment of young people on twitter  /social media who are 'anti establishment types'are even representative  of most young people .

If opinion on twitter/social media are  reflective of the populations opinion Trump would  never have been elected,  no brexit,  no tory government since 2015 and Scotland would have voted for independence in 2014. 

I think social medias usefulness as a barometer  of public opinion especially twitter is questionable. 

A lot of people who viewed themselves as Pro Diana anti establishment in 1997 are now older and  supporters of the monarchy  even fervently pro monarchy. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I don't really think the segment of young people on twitter  /social media who are 'anti establishment types'are even representative  of most young people .

If opinion on twitter/social media was  reflective of the populations opinion Trump would  never have been elected,  no brexit,  no tory government since 2015 and Scotland would have voted for independence in 2014. 

I think social medias usefulness as a barometer  of public opinion especially twitter is questionable. 

A lot of people who viewed themselves as Pro Diana anti establishment in 1997 are now older and  supporters of the monarchy  even fervently pro monarchy. 

I live in a very Conservative run area and based on local Facebook groups you would of thought the area would be run by a Labour MP. Probably because those that vote Tory in my area most likely don't have social media or care to have Facebook.

• Like 4

But Have I got News For You does target those type of people. It’s hardly a show appealing to a silent conservative majority. 

Ive also seen several people who don’t tend to comment on them and are not committed supporters saying the title of the book makes them more likely to read it jusr because they like gossip and drama.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I live in a very Conservative run area and based on local Facebook groups you would of thought the area would be run by a Labour MP. Probably because those that vote Tory in my area most likely don't have social media or care to have Facebook.

Good illustration of the point. Well apparently  also only about 1 in 6 of the population have twitter accounts and of those 1 in 6 many  aren't active or posting often on it. So it's scope is quite limited in some regards. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

But Have I got News For You does target those type of people. It’s hardly a show appealing to a silent conservative majority. 

People who support the monarchy or at least don't want it abolished are not necessarily conservative. 

It puzzles me why some people on say twitter  who are very loud  about how progressive, liberal/left wing  and enlightened they are etc support a couple who are pining and holding out for titles, privileges and use the state of Delaware as a tax haven  to minimise having to pay taxes and are basically  really just having a tantrum because they were denied a half in half out deal with the monarchy so they could coin it in for minimal duties. 

They are as elitist as they come. Harry was even recorded saying to someone posing as Greta Thurnberg in a telephone call that he saw charity work and philanthropy as a good way to make loads of money for himself. 

I don't think it makes sense to be against the royal family but support a couple who still want an in of sorts with the royal family. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Ive also seen several people who don’t tend to comment on them and are not committed supporters saying the title of the book makes them more likely to read it jusr because they like gossip and drama.

I have seen a number of people involved in publishing puzzled at the release date for the book  after Christmas  saying it strongly points to  expectations of low sales by the publisher.

• Like 1

H.G. Tudor's talks on Youtube give an excellent insight into Markle's behaviour and motivations.   If you haven't listened to him, do dip in for a treat.  His speciality is narcissism, and while MM isn't his sole subject, she provides endless examples.  Note he never uses her name - she's just "Harry's Wife" :D  he can be very funny and delightfully bitchy.

Here's a fairly random one from a year ago.   There are lots more ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

If opinion on twitter/social media are  reflective of the populations opinion Trump would  never have been elected,  no brexit,  no tory government since 2015 and Scotland would have voted for independence in 2014. 

I get the jist of what you're saying, although it's worth pointing out that Trump only won because of the ass-backwards way that we elect presidents in my country.  The dude received nearly 2.9 million FEWER votes than his opponent in his win.  Then in 2020 he received 7 million fewer than Biden did.   

And yes, Harry and especially Meghan have a more favorable opinion here in the U.S., although it seems to be divided along racial lines, which is probably consistent with what you see worldwide.  White people don't have a favorable opinion of Meghan for sure, and while there's no doubt in my mind that much of this is due to prejudice or outright racism, it does happen to be true that she's a deplorable human being.  I don't have a high opinion of Harry either, but I think he's in a tough spot after marrying this witch.  

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 21:14, MrWonderful said:

I get the jist of what you're saying, although it's worth pointing out that Trump only won because of the ass-backwards way that we elect presidents in my country.  The dude received nearly 2.9 million FEWER votes than his opponent in his win.  Then in 2020 he received 7 million fewer than Biden did.   

And yes, Harry and especially Meghan have a more favorable opinion here in the U.S., although it seems to be divided along racial lines, which is probably consistent with what you see worldwide.  White people don't have a favorable opinion of Meghan for sure, and while there's no doubt in my mind that much of this is due to prejudice or outright racism, it does happen to be true that she's a deplorable human being.  I don't have a high opinion of Harry either, but I think he's in a tough spot after marrying this witch.  

My understanding from people I am in contact with in the US is that  most people are not talking about or interested in Harry and Meghan-with quite a few not knowing who they are. 

They don't seem to be  happening  organically but rather by trying to foist themselves onto people with paid for PR  getting them media coverage. 

They may not be unpopular in the US  but rather met with a lot of indifference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

My understanding from people I am in contact with in the US is that  most people are not talking about or interested in Harry and Meghan-with quite a few not knowing who they are. 

They don't seem to be  happening  organically but rather by trying to foist themselves onto people with paid for PR  getting them media coverage. 

They may not be unpopular in the US  but rather met with a lot of indifference. 

What, you mean exactly like 99% of Deathlisters? Who'd have guessed it!!!! :o:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

A cold.  I had one last week. I recommend Benylin4Flu tablets to see it off fast.

4 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

In younger people that’s known as period pains!

Nope! Covid!

Her mother and grandmother both had osteoporosis, so if Camilla is vulnerable to it she probably wants to minimise the risk of falls.

38 minutes ago, Toast said:

Her mother and grandmother both had osteoporosis, so if Camilla is vulnerable to it she probably wants to minimise the risk of falls.

Maybe she has already been diagnosed. 

• Like 1

20230508_102037.jpg

• Haha 2

Camilla didn't look well during the concert, but word is that she's carrying a back injury, so she must have been pretty uncomfortable and doped up on painkillers.

• Like 1