Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

this thread needs rising to :( the top

To keep it sort of current......Maggie The Great One is sooo on top of her game , its a joke that she even has a thread !

She has no place here......

You're right, but in the wrong way! :(

To keep it sort of current......Maggie The Great One is sooo on top of her game , its a joke that she even has a thread !

so we all agree.....no more mention of " ...... "The Great One EVER on this site ever again ???

so we all agree.....no more mention of " ...... "The Great One EVER on this site ever again ???

Oh I'm sure Tony Benn will be nominated one day :(

Like Clive, she should be a permanent fixture on the DL. I'd hate to think of us missing out on the most evil, damaging British 'human' of the last 100 years. The outpouring of unbridled joy nationwide when she dies will be something beautiful to behold. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.

The thing is though...Tony Benn could pass away , and no-one will notice .

M**** The Great One " may well pass away in ...say....30 years time , and such an event will be off the scale in terms of grief.

The thing is though...Tony Benn could pass away , and no-one will notice .

M**** The Great One " may well pass away in ...say....30 years time , and such an event will be off the scale in terms of grief.

Tony Benn can silence crowds at Glastonbury who want to hear him talk, he's one of the great British political icons of the 20th Century, and he's still on form in his 80s.

His death - and one hopes it wont be anytime soon - will be big news.

There was someone in my history class who adored Margaret Thatcher. I'm led to believe on one occassion he had to give a presentation on the woman which should have taken a brief 10 to 15 minutes. He went on for the full hour.

Anyway, my good friend - the Chairman of the University Labour Society - tells me that Thatcher's admirer has been kicked out of the University's Conservative society. His views on immigration were too right wing for them. He is a C-word though.

I think I've told you of the poster which used to hang in someone's office? It displayed a picture of Maggie surrounded by the words, "Hurry up and die". It was removed a couple of years back.

There was someone in my history class who adored Margaret Thatcher. I'm led to believe on one occassion he had to give a presentation on the woman which should have taken a brief 10 to 15 minutes. He went on for the full hour.

Anyway, my good friend - the Chairman of the University Labour Society - tells me that Thatcher's admirer has been kicked out of the University's Conservative society. His views on immigration were too right wing for them. He is a C-word though.

I think I've told you of the poster which used to hang in someone's office? It displayed a picture of Maggie surrounded by the words, "Hurry up and die". It was removed a couple of years back.

I met some Thatcherites last week. They told me I should hurry up and die, because I'm a slightly lower class writer who promotes social welfare, and therefore a great burden on their lives. Then they started singing songs about wishing the Poll Tax would return, and that the death penalty could be reintroduced alongside the removal of the NHS and all state welfare and pensions.

It was awfie nice of them.

And the sad thing is - I didn't make up the meeting above.

Well, her husband lived to almost 90... not that she's genetically related, but somehow I don't think she'll die soon.

I agree, I don't understand why she's on the list. She was a great politician and leader and there aren't many since WW2 you can say that about. Certainly not Tony Benn :(

Plus she doesn't seem to be that ill.

• Like 1

She was a great politician and leader and there aren't many since WW2 you can say that about.

I don't see her name here amongst The Greats. You must have misspelled kuntofa.

She's always going to divide opinion.

There are those who adore her and see no wrong and there are those who wish her a bleak death...

Personally I like to see her live a little longer to witness the 'world' she help create fall apart, as it is at the moment...

Well, her husband lived to almost 90... not that she's genetically related, but somehow I don't think she'll die soon.

I agree, I don't understand why she's on the list. She was a great politician and leader and there aren't many since WW2 you can say that about. Certainly not Tony Benn ;)

Plus she doesn't seem to be that ill.

She is one of those elderly people who could keel over at any second.

If you compare her frail state to the Queen's health, who is only one year younger, you see that she isn't the picture of health. Thatcher has suffered strokes in recent years, isn't the most mobile and her mental state is said to be deteriorating. She may, ofcourse, just be pulling a Pinochet. Just in case... ;)

Personally, I have no feeling either way for her. I was only three when she was booted out of office.

She's always going to divide opinion.

There are those who adore her and see no wrong and there are those who wish her a bleak death...

Personally I like to see her live a little longer to witness the 'world' she help create fall apart, as it is at the moment...

I don't think she can witness it, hasn't her mind gone?

An article for your enjoyment.

Just think, when Maggie dies they will be saying this as her flag draped coffin proceeds to St. Paul's Cathedral...

Just think, when Maggie dies they will be saying this as her flag draped coffin proceeds to St. Paul's Cathedral...

Oh the Irony, in this of all times...

If A N Wilson (how pompous it that? What's yer 1st name?!) is still wondering why 'The Left' still hate Thatcher, then he's not very bright... :rolleyes:

I think I shall post on this thread and urge everyone to read this article every day until I die . What a fantastic , unbiased , quality article it is . Factual , devoid of opinion ...simply telling it as it was :rolleyes:

AH....brings back so many happy memories.....

Long Live Maggie the Great One !

If A N Wilson (how pompous it that? What's yer 1st name?!) is still wondering why 'The Left' still hate Thatcher, then he's not very bright... :rolleyes:

That'll be the poor deluded Andrew Norman Wilson, who was once duped in to publishing a faked love letter in his biography of Sir John Betjeman, in which Betjeman had supposedly written to his hitherto unknown mistress.

Close study of the letter, however, shows that the capital letters at the beginning of each sentence spell out a message: “AN Wilson is a sh*t”.

223px-Maggie_Simpson.png

:rolleyes: ?

223px-Maggie_Simpson.png

:rolleyes: ?

Very good ! Bravo....made me giggle....

223px-Maggie_Simpson.png

:) ?

Very good ! Bravo....made me giggle....

Hmm, In that picture she looks like a golliwog.

I suppose I was trying to find out if anyone had an opinion on Carol Thatcher and her green room remarks. Should she have been fired? Should Clarkson have been fired for his "one eye'd Scottish idiot" remark? My own feeling is that they were right to fire her. That said, she has been the only reliable source of info about her mother in the past year. On the other hand Clarkson and Thatcher (any of them) would be good guests for Friday night with Jonathan Ross. They could all go out together.

And if it is now open season on Carol Thatcher would it be shocking to point out that she looks like a wombat, just here, between us in the green room? Is wombat PC?

I suppose I was trying to find out if anyone had an opinion on Carol Thatcher and her green room remarks. Should she have been fired? Should Clarkson have been fired for his "one eye'd Scottish idiot" remark? My own feeling is that they were right to fire her. That said, she has been the only reliable source of info about her mother in the past year. On the other hand Clarkson and Thatcher (any of them) would be good guests for Friday night with Jonathan Ross. They could all go out together.

And if it is now open season on Carol Thatcher would it be shocking to point out that she looks like a wombat, just here, between us in the green room? Is wombat PC?

Im disgusted that Clarkson apologised for calling Brown a one eyed Scottish idiot.

Everybody knows that Brown is a f*****g idiot! Why apologise for telling the truth?

PS: Carol Thatcher looks like a dude.

Im disgusted that Clarkson apologised for calling Brown a one eyed Scottish idiot.

Everybody knows that Brown is a f*****g idiot! Why apologise for telling the truth?

PS: Carol Thatcher looks like a dude.

I don't think it was quite so much the idiot part... more to do with his disability...