Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

Still well enough - just about - to try rousing the troops.

A quote from Mrs Thatcher in the article,

'Tyranny and violence wear many masks'

So true.

Hi all!

This is my first post. Originally from Argentina, and having met a survivor from the Belgrano sinking, I am counting on Thatcher to die this year!

I have had a bottle of champagne in the fridge for months now... but as we say back at home "bad weed never dies". :rolleyes:

Hi all! This is my first post. Originally from Argentina, and having met a survivor from the Belgrano sinking, I am counting on Thatcher to die this year!

I have had a bottle of champagne in the fridge for months now... but as we say back at home "bad weed never dies". :rolleyes:

Yeah, bad weed never does anyone any good. Thankfully, I've got some good weed stashed away for when Maggie croaks, Dia de los Muertos :lol:

Hi all!

This is my first post. Originally from Argentina, and having met a survivor from the Belgrano sinking, I am counting on Thatcher to die this year!

I have had a bottle of champagne in the fridge for months now... but as we say back at home "bad weed never dies". :sicktherm:

So you've met Maggie, then? I hope you told her what for like this lady did.

I'm liking the way you think, Star Crossed :lol:

Godot, thanks for the video. There was a documentary with Carol Thatcher not long ago, called "Mummy's War", where she went to Argentina, and seemed quite puzzled by the reaction that she got. I couldn't find any videos online, which is a shame, as it was such fun to watch! These old ladies asking Carol about her mother's health (Carol, bless, thought it was a good-natured question and replied that she was a strong woman and was keeping quite well, thanks). Next thing you know these old ladies are asking her if she is concerned about the fact that her mother is going straight to hell when she dies! :sicktherm: It was just too good! I mean Carol's face: priceless!

Fingers crossed! (the champagne is chilling in my fridge)

Mine too DdlM, I've even looked out the dancing shoes, well boots really, in the hope I get a chance to use them.................

They are saying she is stable. Which in my book means "as well as can be expected" ie: dead.

They are saying she is stable. Which in my book means "as well as can be expected" ie: dead.

After-effects of a House of Lords dinner?

More than likely dead drunk.

When she does finally shuffle off and it's within 'peak time' or daytime viewing, would she get a newsflash (or news report as they call it now) like the Queen Mother did a few years ago?

just seen her on the tele leaving hospital....GREAT NEWS...she looks fine !

LONG LIVE THE MOST WONDEROUS WOMAN TO EVER WALK THE EARTH.......

• Like 1

LONG LIVE THE MOST WONDEROUS WOMAN TO EVER WALK THE EARTH.......

Leave Mrs MPFC alone and concentrate on Thatcher, who is the subject of this thread.

I'm liking the way you think, Star Crossed :lol:

Godot, thanks for the video. There was a documentary with Carol Thatcher not long ago, called "Mummy's War", where she went to Argentina, and seemed quite puzzled by the reaction that she got. I couldn't find any videos online, which is a shame, as it was such fun to watch! These old ladies asking Carol about her mother's health (Carol, bless, thought it was a good-natured question and replied that she was a strong woman and was keeping quite well, thanks). Next thing you know these old ladies are asking her if she is concerned about the fact that her mother is going straight to hell when she dies! :) It was just too good! I mean Carol's face: priceless!

I may be missing something, but didn't Argentina start the war? What was Maggie expected to do - sit at home twiddling her thumbs and send over some blankets in case the Argies got cold at night on South Georgia?

I may be missing something, but didn't Argentina start the war? What was Maggie expected to do - sit at home twiddling her thumbs and send over some blankets in case the Argies got cold at night on South Georgia?

History will be written thus....

"The greatest English woman who graced the Earth .......

"Changed the landscape of Britain for the better...

"Kicked Scargills butt....

I know there were a few problems......but change is difficult . Even now , Twat face Brown enjoys the legacy that Maggies Government left...

I think Margaret Thatcher is a bit like Marmite. It's a love or hate thing.

I wonder what she'd be like spread on toast. :)

Quite gristley, I would imagine. But a jar of Marmite might do a better job at running the country.

Quite gristley, I would imagine. But a jar of Marmite might do a better job at running the country.

I really have to take issue with this . Love her or hate her I can go along with.....but there can be no doubt in my mind that she was better than a jar of Marmite .

In Argentina, we believe the islands are ours (just look at a map, will you?). Plus the problem is not with "who started" the war, but with "who behaved live a war criminal?"

I really have to take issue with this . Love her or hate her I can go along with.....but there can be no doubt in my mind that she was better than a jar of Marmite .

An interesting debate. Here are my (selective) PM-suitability rankings:

4. marmite1.jpg 3. _1034317_thatcher150.jpg 2. princessardinetomato.jpg

and...

1. traffic-cone-~-is203-044.jpg

History will be written thus....

"The greatest English woman who graced the Earth .......

"Changed the landscape of Britain for the better...

"Kicked Scargills butt....

I know there were a few problems......but change is difficult . Even now , Twat face Brown enjoys the legacy that Maggies Government left...

Ask the people of your hometown about the legacy of Maggie Thatcher and you'll get a few home truths...

In Argentina, we believe the islands are ours (just look at a map, will you?). Plus the problem is not with "who started" the war, but with "who behaved live a war criminal?"

The Falklands originally belonged to Argentina, We stole it from you a little over 200 years ago.

Then you lot had the audacity to try and steal it back :P