Guest KateS

Margaret Thatcher

30 years since she was elected Prime Minister, the Torygraph uses the words 'kittenish and kind' in their headline, not the first two words that spring to my mind when I think of the old bag :) .

30 years since she was elected Prime Minister, the Torygraph uses the words 'kittenish and kind' in their headline, not the first two words that spring to my mind when I think of the old bag :) .

yes , I agree......"kind" probably isn't quite the right word to use when talking about Maggies Greatness . "Strong , but fair " is closer to the mark . However , "kittenish" is spot on .

I hope plenty of posters continue to share their happy memories of The Maggie Years , as we approach that momentous day of celebration.....

However , "kittenish" is spot on .

I hope plenty of posters continue to share their happy memories of The Maggie Years

They were certainly happy years for me.

But then I was only aged 0-3 years, and only really lived through her downfall...

Pop the corks....30 years ago today Maggie the Great assumed her rightful office....

I cannot contemplate what life would have been without her....Union rule...3 day weeks....hard earned tax payers money wasted on inefficient coal and steel industries...Labour Misgovernments....IT MAKES ME PROUD TO BE BRITISH !

• Like 1

Pop the corks....30 years ago today Maggie the Great assumed her rightful office....

Looks like it's going to be a lonely party grobler....

BBC Radio 4's The Thatcher Years. (6 mins 35 secs).

The ending is disappointing - there's no lingering shot of her blubbering in her car, leaving Downing Street. :)

The ending is disappointing - there's no lingering shot of her blubbering in her car, leaving Downing Street. :)

BBC parliament channel is running the whole 1979 election, as if it wasn't painful the first time round.

BBC parliament channel is running the whole 1979 election, as if it wasn't painful the first time round.

Fascinating stuff though, the country was split down the middle right at the off. Peregrine Worsthorne's comments about the country being

divided during Thatcher's premiership was prophetic...

Just been listening to that total t*sspot Vernon Kaye on Radio One.....

He had a listener on who was boasting about his Margeret Thatcher underpants .

Anyone know where I can buy a pair ?

Guaranteed to prolong your erection, Maggie's face next to your cock

Thanks LB

A bargain at 20 dollars......

I'd have preferred a bigger picture , and some sort of red , white and blue theme wouldn't go amiss....but a bargain none-the-less !

Thatcher Underpants

pants_montage.jpg

Thatcher Underpants

pants_montage.jpg

Is that you modelling them?

Maggie is home again.

Doesn't look like she has a clue whats going on.

Maggie is home again.

Doesn't look like she has a clue whats going on.

Doddering a bit, but I'd say there's a couple of years left in her yet. She'll drop out of public view pretty quickly now though.

Great site that will assist one of our favorite subject at work - celebrity death!

A contact at the Beeb suggests they've been dusting off Maggie's obituary this week - do they know something not in the public domain?

Great site that will assist one of our favorite subject at work - celebrity death!

A contact at the Beeb suggests they've been dusting off Maggie's obituary this week - do they know something not in the public domain?

Congratulations Grande Pablo on such a tantalising first post. If Maggie goes this week or next this post will go down in DL folklore. Of course if she hangs on another year or more your name will be forever associated with deathlist timewasters and you will trudge the forums for all eternity with the DL mark of Cain on your reputation. No one shall speak of it but all will know and you will slither from thread to thread like a slimy worm and those who see your posts will say: "Yea, there goes the slimy worm who bore false witness as we thirsted and grovelled for news of her Thatcherness." Or summat.

Congratulations Grande Pablo on such a tantalising first post. If Maggie goes this week or next this post will go down in DL folklore. Of course if she hangs on another year or more your name will be forever associated with deathlist timewasters and you will trudge the forums for all eternity with the DL mark of Cain on your reputation. No one shall speak of it but all will know and you will slither from thread to thread like a slimy worm and those who see your posts will say: "Yea, there goes the slimy worm who bore false witness as we thirsted and grovelled for news of her Thatcherness." Or summat.

LOL - hear-hear. So often of late we can stick a list together of our best guestimates and come back with very little to show for our efforts. It not too difficult to list our picks under headings "This week, next week, sometime, never". But for me, Mrs T exists half way between the latter two. If I don't pick her then I'm sure she will die within the year and each time I list her I've always had utter dread that the old dear will provide me no points. Now to have this "news" fills me with some glee when I had little to no hope again.

Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope.

Great site ... A contact at the Beeb suggests they've been dusting off Maggie's obituary this week - do they know something not in the public domain?

Surely there are plenty of journalists in every news organization who just enjoy sprucing up MT's obit; the journalistic equivalent of having a w@nk in the toilets in their lunch break. Something I've never done. Although I have imagined what I'll say when MT dies. :unsure:

Nice quote btw RA, made me lol.

The government has just replied to an online petition I signed a while back, against a state funeral for her Thatchiness on account of her support for Pinocet and her general inhumanity to her fellow beings.

Probably not a sign of her impending demise since they usually reply after a set time, but for the record here's what they said:

In the event of the death of any former Prime Minister, the Government is responsible for liaising with the family and representatives of the deceased about arrangements for a suitable service of remembrance, including any administrative support from the Government. For reasons which we hope will be understood, it would not be appropriate to make any comment about detail of any discussions.

Which is more or less saying "we'll do as we please, so bugger you you ignorant bunch of leftie scum"

The government has just replied to an online petition I signed a while back, against a state funeral for her Thatchiness on account of her support for Pinocet and her general inhumanity to her fellow beings.

Probably not a sign of her impending demise since they usually reply after a set time, but for the record here's what they said:

In the event of the death of any former Prime Minister, the Government is responsible for liaising with the family and representatives of the deceased about arrangements for a suitable service of remembrance, including any administrative support from the Government. For reasons which we hope will be understood, it would not be appropriate to make any comment about detail of any discussions.

Which is more or less saying "we'll do as we please, so bugger you you ignorant bunch of leftie scum"

I had the same unfortunate mail too, which just goes to prove all petitions are cock. We can therefore feel justified in walking past the poor naive clipboarders hanging around our local pedestrianized thoroughfares as indeed our signatures are not worth the paper they are written on.

I had the same unfortunate mail too, which just goes to prove all petitions are cock. We can therefore feel justified in walking past the poor naive clipboarders hanging around our local pedestrianized thoroughfares as indeed our signatures are not worth the paper they are written on.

All the more so, since it was an online petition.