Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Hi, I have a question about the "Most Online" feature. Is it really likely that 175 registered members logged in at deathlist.net simultaniously when Thatcher died? Or does the count include guests as well? Also, is it possible for the admins to check old revisions of the record? Lastly, who is likely to break the current one? Any guesses?

Ďakujem,

Predictor.

1-I don't think the total counts members only. I'm fairly sure it includes guests in the total. 2-The highest number we had was something like 421 possibly around December 2007/8/9 not entirely sure of the year.

3-I suppose that would depend on how much publicity the deathlist gets. I wouldn't like to guess.

1-I don't think the total counts members only. I'm fairly sure it includes guests in the total. 2-The highest number we had was something like 421 possibly around December 2007/8/9 not entirely sure of the year.

3-I suppose that would depend on how much publicity the deathlist gets. I wouldn't like to guess.

Wait, if the high score is 421, then why doesn't this number appear on the main forum page?

Wait, if the high score is 421, then why doesn't this number appear on the main forum page?

There was an upgrade done, and it disappeared.

Hi, I'd like to point out an error. On this page, Lord Denning is listed as born in 1903. Yet it says he was 100 years old. Which one is it?

Hi, I'd like to point out an error. On this page, Lord Denning is listed as born in 1903. Yet it says he was 100 years old. Which one is it?

Wiki says he was born in 1899. So I would guess he was 100 years old rather than born in 1903. But that is not definite

You like posting in this thread more than BG likes bumping "Deathlist 2014"

Still good point though, although there's a few errors there in the murky depths of those old pages. You probably shouldn't spend too long poking around in those dusty old things you'll give yourself chronic hackingcoughitis or summat.

Still good point though, although there's a few errors there in the murky depths of those old pages. You probably shouldn't spend too long poking around in those dusty old things you'll give yourself chronic hackingcoughitis or summat.

The reason I looked at those old DL versions was because I wanted to see which celebs have been picked most times. So far, those with 10+ appearences are...

Clive Dunn: 16

Queen Mother: 14

Ronald Reagan: 14

Ronnie Biggs: 13

Bob Hope: 13

Kirk Douglas: 12

Eli Wallach: 12

Pope John Paul: 12

Fidel Castro: 11

Michael Foot: 11

Katharine Hepburn: 11

Barbara Cartland: 11

Kurt Waldheim: 11

Jake Lamotta: 10

General Pinochet: 10

John Mills: 10

Alistair Cooke: 10

Don Bradman: 10

And yes, I appear to post a lot in this thread. Sorry, I'll see to it that I tone it down a bit in the future.

• Like 1

The reason I looked at those old DL versions was because I wanted to see which celebs have been picked most times. So far, those with 10+ appearences are...

Clive Dunn: 16

Queen Mother: 14

Ronald Reagan: 14

Ronnie Biggs: 13

Bob Hope: 13

Kirk Douglas: 12

Eli Wallach: 12

Pope John Paul: 12

Fidel Castro: 11

Michael Foot: 11

Katharine Hepburn: 11

Barbara Cartland: 11

Kurt Waldheim: 11

Jake Lamotta: 10

General Pinochet: 10

John Mills: 10

Alistair Cooke: 10

Don Bradman: 10

And yes, I appear to post a lot in this thread. Sorry, I'll see to it that I tone it down a bit in the future.

No need to apologise that is valuable data that you have collated.

I don't think Kirk Douglas will beat Clive Dunn.

Guest BuriedInCarolina

I can't seem to register as a new member. Keep getting an error that says the administrator isn't accepting new registrations at this time. Is that correct and if so, when might new members be allowed to join this death party? If memberships are being accepted, what might be the problem with my interface?

I can't seem to register as a new member. Keep getting an error that says the administrator isn't accepting new registrations at this time. Is that correct and if so, when might new members be allowed to join this death party? If memberships are being accepted, what might be the problem with my interface?

Should work again.

regards,

Hein

So.... did an "update" just wipe out every witty thread subtitle/tagline? Or... is it just me?

Same here (on chrome , mobile version).

Seems to be a very blue box round the search box too.

Today Grim Reaper did indeed upgrade the forum software. About the topic descriptions: they still exist, I'm trying to get tme back in view.

The blue box is also newly introduced, I presume it's something to do with CSS settings. I'll also have a look at that. but it's less urgent than the topic descriptions.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

Today Grim Reaper did indeed upgrade the forum software. About the topic descriptions: they still exist, I'm trying to get tme back in view.

The blue box is also newly introduced, I presume it's something to do with CSS settings. I'll also have a look at that. but it's less urgent than the topic descriptions.

I'll keep you posted on progress.

regards,

Hein

Don't get rid of the blue box; I think Time uses it to travel in.

Oooo sorry but this looks a right mess now.

Thank God for that, I thought I'd been drinking illegal hooch and my eyesight was going.

My guess is that it has something to do with skinning of the forum, a fine FUBAR.

I'll have to dig into the documentation to get that right. It may take a while.

Stay tuned,

Hein

My guess is that it has something to do with skinning of the forum, a fine FUBAR.

I'll have to dig into the documentation to get that right. It may take a while.

I fiddled a bit with skinning settings. That resulted in the blue box turning black. Sorry, Time.

From documentation I learned that display of topic descriptions (witty thread subtitles/taglines) is disabled since IPB 3.2. They're still in the database, but to get them back will involve surgery I'm not ready for.

The crappy layout of posts is my next target.

Stay tuned,

Hein

• Like 1

Call in the tech quak, unless my eyesights fucked.

PicassoList is great. Well for a (hopefully) short-term thing anyway. Think I might wait to update my sig until a non-archeologist can actually be expected to easily find it amongst all the mess

Also, I don't mean to badger you while you're trying to unblock the pipes but also......... guests can't view profiles or even "hover over" a user's name to get info about a user. Which probably is rubbish. One to fix later maybe?

Yea I was beginning to think it was just me that had the posts messed up. I like the new look of the forums main page though.

Sorry to ask this if asked already but will the forum change back to normality? It was better before. Signature and text are hard to seperate.

Pleeeease, get back the old look!

Thanks in advance!

Short update on the post layout issue. I know where to tackle it, but not completely how. I haven't had time to crack that yet. My hope is that I can present results Thursday.

Please be patient, I will solve it.

regards,

Hein

• Like 3