Magere Hein

The Deathlist Howto

Guest Guest

Sir Creep here. On my iPhone.

I am trying to sign in and apparently 'forgot my pw' so I got a new one sent and I enter variations of my name and this crazy pw I just cut and paste and it keeps saying my user name or pw is wrong. Bollocks! It can't be the pw what the hell did you Admins do to my user name??

SC

I am trying to sign in and apparently 'forgot my pw' so I got a new one sent and I enter variations of my name and this crazy pw I just cut and paste and it keeps saying my user name or pw is wrong. Bollocks! It can't be the pw what the hell did you Admins do to my user name??

SC

it's a sign that you should give up on this site

SC

Didn't you have problems when you first joined regarding Sir Creep and Sir_Creep or summat like that?

SC

Absolutely nothing.

Well SC, due to your technical capabilities, I would suggest reregistering again with a different username, then get your browser to store the password.

I propose "The Americant" :)

Looks like Sir C has made it back anyway *waves*

Looks like Sir C has made it back anyway *waves*

I bet the old geezer just accidentally copy-pasted the password into the User Name box and vice versa. :D My dad's the same age and gets confused by technology a lot.

iPad not connecting to wifi nor t'interweb. Anybody able to tell me how to fix this?

iPad not connecting to wifi nor t'interweb. Anybody able to tell me how to fix this?

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting under the settings menu?

Usually works for me.

Usually works for me.

Usually works for me.

I cant even get into the wifi setting

What make and model have you got?

What make and model have you got?

Its the mini iPad. All cool now. I asked the same question on facebook and a couple of friends gave me the solution. Press the home and off button and hold for 10 seconds if anyone else has a similar issue in the future.

Do we have a generic "does anyone have any info on" type thread?

Looking to find out about a Norwegian and thought I'd ask before starting one.

Do we have a generic "does anyone have any info on" type thread?

Looking to find out about a Norwegian and thought I'd ask before starting one.

Ask a Deathlister would seem to fit the requirements.

By the way, if the Norwegian's Blue, its already snuffed it, turned up its toes, etc. etc..

• Like 4

Where's my avatar?

It disappeared a day or two before you changed your name.

Deathray2.jpg

Where's my avatar?

we can all see it clearly are you going crazy
  • Like 1

As requested by Sir Creep (who I assume is planning to join some of them in 2016), a brief "rules resume" of the various Deadpools played by forum members. Any gaps which can be filled in by other forum members would be gratefully appreciated. The Kentucky if it still runs, for example.

DDP - 20 names (plus 3 subs in case any die before 1st January), no changes throughout the year, picks need to have a mention as having died on one of about 20 obit sources. From loose memory, the American stars who don't get obits here tend to struggle to get them in the US too, but that's not a fast rule.

Deathrace - 20 names, if a pick dies on January 1st its 365 points, January 2nd 364 etc etc. First team to 2016 next year wins. MPFC runs it, and likes a swift fast winner, so will accept nearly any obit known to man, even a mention in passing in the horoscope section of an US newspaper. As reigning champion (somehow), I picked up points from the translation of a French parish newsletter. No changes as the game is expected to end ASAP.

Hares Pool - Deathray's game (in which you pick 25 celebs), much like the Deathrace but reverse. So you want to pick lingerers who might snuff it in December 2016.

Death by Years - Shauns game, you play this.

Hartlepool Deadlypool - Haven't a bloody clue. I just pick ten famous names each year and hope for the best!

Inverse Deadpool - Formerly run by Spade, it starts in mid-January when the Deathlist 50 and the Drop 40 (most popular picks on 2016's Derby Dead Pool) are known. You pick the 25 people on each you think will definitely not die, and were stupid picks. Then if they die, you lose points. The person with 0, or the closes to a positive score, wins.

That's the main ones (the DDP and the forum games) I play anyhow.

Toast also mentions the Rotten Dead Pool, which I thought was run by Rotten Ali!

Where's my avatar?

I see some admins amusingly changed it. What the fuck is that thing and where's my deathray?

Where's my avatar?

I see some admins amusingly changed it. What the fuck is that thing and where's my deathray?

I'm trying to fix things. Is that better?

Where's my avatar?

I'm trying to fix things. Is that better?

Sorry. I thought it might have been one of you trying to annoy me. Thanks very much, i've no idea where the source file is so glad you could fix it.

As requested by Sir Creep (who I assume is planning to join some of them in 2016), a brief "rules resume" of the various Deadpools played by forum members. Any gaps which can be filled in by other forum members would be gratefully appreciated. The Kentucky if it still runs, for example.

DDP - 20 names (plus 3 subs in case any die before 1st January), no changes throughout the year, picks need to have a mention as having died on one of about 20 obit sources. From loose memory, the American stars who don't get obits here tend to struggle to get them in the US too, but that's not a fast rule.

Deathrace - 20 names, if a pick dies on January 1st its 365 points, January 2nd 364 etc etc. First team to 2016 next year wins. MPFC runs it, and likes a swift fast winner, so will accept nearly any obit known to man, even a mention in passing in the horoscope section of an US newspaper. As reigning champion (somehow), I picked up points from the translation of a French parish newsletter. No changes as the game is expected to end ASAP.

Hares Pool - Deathray's game (in which you pick 25 celebs), much like the Deathrace but reverse. So you want to pick lingerers who might snuff it in December 2016.

Death by Years - Shauns game, you play this.

Hartlepool Deadlypool - Haven't a bloody clue. I just pick ten famous names each year and hope for the best!

Inverse Deadpool - Formerly run by Spade, it starts in mid-January when the Deathlist 50 and the Drop 40 (most popular picks on 2016's Derby Dead Pool) are known. You pick the 25 people on each you think will definitely not die, and were stupid picks. Then if they die, you lose points. The person with 0, or the closes to a positive score, wins.

That's the main ones (the DDP and the forum games) I play anyhow.

Toast also mentions the Rotten Dead Pool, which I thought was run by Rotten Ali!

OK, I'll repeat that info here, although I think this is worth a separate pinned thread for ease of reference.

There's also the Rotten Dead Pool, in which you pick ten people from those listed on their website. It's US based, which can make it frustrating for us Europeans as it often omits prominent European personalities. They claim to be open to suggestions, but I've never had any luck with that.

You can start your dead pool game any time as a new game starts every month, and it runs for a year.

You can also make changes to your team any time during the first month of play.

• Like 1

I don't seem to be able to copy and paste on here now I've updraded to windows 10. Anybody know why?

Is it just me or did the not-so-active member Con Dolence completely vanish from the members list? Da fuck happened to him? I feel so saddened, because I liked him (or her, or it...).