Boudicca

Bloody Fireworks!

There were fireworks last night as it was organised by the pub.  I didn't go down there because the current dog has reacted fearfully to them in the past. 

However he has clearly graduated to the defiance reaction, and he just barked loudly:

"BARK BARK BARK GO AWAY I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU TRY ANYTHING ON I CAN MAKE LOUD NOISES TOO BARK BARK BARK"

So I went outside to look at the display and he came out with me, had a bit of a bark, and then went back in quite happily.

My strategy is make a few calming reassuring noises, but not make a big deal out of it, and it seems to have paid off.  He's still scared, but bravely scared instead of cowering.

• Like 2

That is what my dog does with most things that he doesn't like but for some reason after doing that the first year I had him, every year since he has taken to going quietly to his safe place and will not be talked down so I just leave him to it.

• Sad 1

My dog has stopped caring only a few barks he barks more at a sausage before he eats it  

We are back to normal here in the United States of America where we are celebrating our independence and attending local fireworks displays en masse, while the country we left behind is panicking over four new COVID cases in Orkney or summat and going back to lochdown level 3. 
SirC

FA897076-BC1F-4DFE-AFDB-836AE1A19DDB.jpeg

D90E9A33-0508-44B2-B7A5-086DEA43A8AE.jpeg

• Haha 1

It's started already here. (well there's been a few bangs over the past few days [insert Hattie Jacques meme here]).

Had to queue for a new kettle, behind the folk who decided leaving it to the last possible minute. Let's have a look at the fires, injuries and sheer stupidity of those who hoard a lot for the few days following.

For Fawkes' Sake!

We urgently need a Guy Fawkes.  A more successful one this time.

• Like 2

Hate Bonfire Night. Terrible night for people everywhere who have pets. My pet lizard has always struggled with it and almost had a heart attack last year with the stress. Thankfully this year I have medication for it. Just gave it its first sedative and now its a calmer calmer calmer chameleon.

• Haha 5

Diwali was last night which meant the new neighbours two doors down were celebrating (they gave us warning on Whatsapp a few hours before).

The rich neighbours in the big house at end of the road who own a paddock that my garden goes up to meanwhile - for an hour fireworks were going off every few minutes. They must have combined Diwali with Bonfire Night as they are also Indian. Must have spent hundreds.

I've heard no fireworks this year, not even in the days/weeks leading up to today. There are no official displays this year which I'd have thought would have meant more unofficial fireworks.

No doubt now I'll be woken up at 3 o'clock by the morons out past their bedtime.