Boudicca

Bloody Fireworks!

I always think fireworks sound like somebody having a poo.

Two farts and a splash?

I think you need to re-read the instructions on the box.

You're doing it wrong.

Two farts and a splash?

I think you need to re-read the instructions on the box.

You're doing it wrong.

I mean the big firework displays. When you can hear them outside your window but can't see them. The rhythm is exactly like someone pooing.

You should have more ruffage in your diet...

I have not been so bothered with fireworks this year.

At least this recession is good for something! :)

:)

;)

It was first thing in the morning is my defence and I'm sticking to it... :)

Very quiet here tonight, a few set off by neighbours for their kids in the early evening, but on the whole nothing like it was when I lived in the city. I don't think the locals want to scare the sheep, they may have uses for them later this evening ;) .

I wasn't sure how my wee dog would react, he's a tiny thug terrier and this is the first year I have had him on Guy Fawkes Night. He took it on his chin and had a right good bark at those he did hear, quaked a bit and was unsettled, but was in no way terrified the way Yogi was. I'm getting lots of messages from friends in cities who are at their wits end with their pets who are absolutely petrified with fear, 2 of my friends have been to the vet and their dogs are doped to the eyeballs with SPAM just to get through tonight .It seems these days that fireworks start as soon as it gets dark and they go on all night. If you live in a built up area it sounds like a bloody war zone for 8 hours. When I was a kid your dad bought a few fireworks and let them off in the back garden, in milk bottles if I remember rightly, and the locals gathered round a bonfire for an hour or 2. I love fireworks but I would prefer just organised displays instead of the mayhem that ensues every 5th November.

I think this would have been quite spectacular. £6,000 worth of professional pyrotechnics all going off at once.

"The public were absolutely brilliant about it."

That's because they were all dazed and shell shocked and couldn't see for the next few hours due to their retinas almost being burned out so they couldn't work out who to punch.

Hate them.

I currently have a Dog-Shivering-4c-LR-2.jpg which not good. Warm, but not good.

Plus side, a hun I've worked with for 6 years planned his wadding for this day last year (2nd biggest day in an Orange calendar). She bumped him at the alter, and I had the "pleasure" of working with him today :)

Hate them, feel like the whole house is going to cave in from the noise.

Nowt compared to what it was like around the millennium. Fucking war zone then, with firework shops as prevalent as betting shops are today...

Well it's that time of year again.

Time to prepare for all the sad stories of injuries and deaths caused by these crazy inventions.

On the bright side, celebrities attend these sort of events, so we might get one or two this year.

Meantime, which celebrity would you put on the pyre this year?

*Re-edited*.

We had our village fireworks do last weekend. We burn somebody in a wooden cage have a lovely big bonfire made out of pallets because Health & Safety doesn't let us burn all our old rubbish any more. Which is a bit of a nuisance.

Anthea Turner.

Although my auto correct changed that to Anthrax Turner which is pretty accurate.

• Like 1

Nicola Sturgeon

Edward Woowoo..

Edit, I know he's dead, bit that didn't stop them executing Cromwell.

• Like 1

We all know how much I love amateur fireworks. And the inconsiderate fuckwits are out in force  again. Neither my son (200 miles away with XH#2) or dug is here (600 miles away with her father) but it's still fucking annoying. And I had to wait ages to buy cigarettes because the firework kiosk took the staff away from the usual customer service area. Scum. Subhuman scum. 

• Like 3

On 07/11/2008 at 20:13, TAFKAG said:

There does seem to be a lot less these days than when I was a kid. However people still feel the need to set them off during the day! Why

• Thanks 1

Why/how did this thread go from firework health and safety straight to Anthea Turner? 

7 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Why/how did this thread go from firework health and safety straight to Anthea Turner? 

Because she is a cunt?

• Haha 2

cos it never gets old. 

My daughter is aff tonight to boyfriends family who drink even more than I do plus pyrotechnics. Aye. Nothing could go wrong :unsure:

Fireworks during the the day are re-ups Deathray and especially seethe-inducing I agree.

• Like 1

My dog is cowering on the stair landing and has been for the last 2 hours, no chance of getting him out for the toilet until the fizz-bangs stop.

• Sad 1