Arnold_Ridley_B%26W.jpg

Arnold Ridley was summat of a serial shagger (three marriages) and was prone to blackouts,having been knocked over the head by a rifle butt in WW1. He'd also taken enough shrapnel to give him Barry Sheene legs, a bayonet to the groin (which would doubtless make inspection of the resulting scar a potential interest for his lady friends) and he'd survived the Somme (albeit with damage to a hand that limited its later use). Bit of a stretch, like, but that mental/physical damage and blacking out might just have given him Frank Bough style tastes.

Is their owt else left to scrape in this barrel?

Okay, I'll leave it.

To take this full circle...

All I was trying to say is that a lot of celebs who died in the early 1980s probably died of AIDS but didn't know it, or didn't want us to know it.

Such as Old Man Steptoe, for example.

And, dare I say it, possibly some of the cast of Dad's Army.

Does anyone know who this refers to? As far as I know none of the Dad's Army cast who died in the 80s died of cancer. Arnold Ridley died after a fall, John Laurie had emphysema, Arthur died of a stroke and John le Mesurier had cirrhosis of the liver. James Beck died way before the 80s and Frank Williams and Ian Lavender are still alive and I think we can rule out Clive Dunn.

I thought the whole cast of Dads Army had died. wasn't that the whole point of Clive Dunn - the last one thing?

All I was trying to say is that a lot of celebs who died in the early 1980s probably died of AIDS but didn't know it, or didn't want us to know it.

Does anyone know who this refers to? As far as I know none of the Dad's Army cast who died in the 80s died of cancer. Arnold Ridley died after a fall, John Laurie had emphysema, Arthur died of a stroke and John le Mesurier had cirrhosis of the liver. James Beck died way before the 80s and Frank Williams and Ian Lavender are still alive and I think we can rule out Clive Dunn.

I thought the whole cast of Dads Army had died. wasn't that the whole point of Clive Dunn - the last one thing?

Of the main stars Ian Lavender - aka Private Pike - is still alive.

It's been suggested that Tony Beckley may have died of AIDS rather than the official diagnosis of cancer in 1980...

I don't doubt that the bolded is true. Michael Sundin's death was originally attributed to cancer when we all knew it was AIDS, there have been rumours about Michael Landon for years and I've often wondered about Philip Sayer. I will also accept that Wilfred Bramble could have had AIDS, but I don't see anything suspicious about the deaths of the main Dad's Army cast.

No. It was because he seemed to have been an old man forever, therefore he must be immortal. When he first appeared as Cpl Jones in Dads Army, he was only in his forties, but played a much older character.

Former child actor, Danny Pintauro, who played Jonathan on Who's the Boss, has recently revealed that he's been HIV positive since 2003.

AIDS alone is not terminal anymore, at least at his age. However, he said he got it when he was on Crystal Meth, and if, in the future, he has a relapse, he might become one to watch out for.

• Like 1

Have you started a thread on this guy because he's HIV positive and you think he's going to croak it in the next couple of years?

From the NHS website: "the life expectancy for someone living with HIV, who is on anti-retroviral treatment and responding to treatment, is no different to the general population".

He's not yet 40 and has every chance of living to his 70s, provided, as gcreptile says, he stays off the drugs. He'll probably die with HIV and not of HIV.

AIDS alone is not terminal anymore, at least at his age. However, he said he got it when he was on Crystal Meth, and if, in the future, he has a relapse, he might become one to watch out for.

You seem to have just turned his HIV status into full blown AIDS!!

• Like 1

Yes, I started the topic, cause he's HIV positive, & no, I don't think he'll die soon, but he should still have an eye kept on him, just in case.

Yes, I started the topic, cause he's HIV positive, & no, I don't think he'll die soon, but he should still have an eye kept on him, just in case.

Why not start a thread for Lord Chris Smith? He's been HIV positive for a lot longer and he's a lot older.

• Like 1

Never heard of him. (Danny Pintauro, that is)

• Like 1

Former child actor, Danny Pintauro, who played Jonathan on Who's the Boss, has recently revealed that he's been HIV positive since 2003.

Which would indicate that it isn't a problem and hasn't been. SMH

SC​

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jan/03/cuts-to-sexual-health-services-will-lead-to-sti-explosion-warn-experts

Okay, until someone can name a better thread I'm sticking this in here (no pun intended)

Apparently, to complete our return trip to the Victorian times we're all gonna die of syphillis and gonohrrea.

Khwezi, real name Fezekile Ntsukela Kuzwayo who accused South African president (but not back then) Jacob Zuma, of rape and was one of the most prominent African AIDS activists, dead at 41:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/10/khwezi-woman-accused-jacob-zuma-south-african-president-aids-activist-fezekile-ntsukela-kuzwayo

Man, we've come a long way since this thread was a form-spotters opportunity. 

HIV man has healthy kid and it's - sort of - remarkable: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-sussex-42185124/world-aids-day-the-pioneering-work-of-a-brighton-gynaecologist

On 03/04/2018 at 13:34, maryportfuncity said:

Man, we've come a long way since this thread was a form-spotters opportunity. 

HIV man has healthy kid and it's - sort of - remarkable: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-sussex-42185124/world-aids-day-the-pioneering-work-of-a-brighton-gynaecologist

That Star Trek actor Aron Eisenberg, posted by YoungWillz already, died of AIDS.

I wonder how people still die of it. What's the medical reason..

Edit: It seems Wikipedia removed that reason of death now..

I'm guessing most die due to complications as a result of HIV.  Weak immune system then pneumonia etc. 

Activist Jonathan Blake, one of the first people to be diagnosed HIV+ in the UK, turned up on Sky News this morning.

Tbh, it's a miracle he survived. 

Anyhow, not ready to go yet as he describes his current state of health as "radiant". :clap:

• Like 1