Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

General Pinochet

Banshees, I had a dream last night where I was watching the news and they announced Pinochet's death.

Will he die now? Or does it mean 'in your dreams' as in its not going to be a 2005 success?

Banshees, I had a dream last night where I was watching the news and they announced Pinochet's death.

Will he die now? Or does it mean 'in your dreams' as in its not going to be a 2005 success?

I could support an optimistic outlook in this case...

Guest iain

I wish to God that Pinochet would just drop dead allready..why do we have to put up with evill old men like this on the planet when so many good people die young?Hes never going to be sent to jail anyway

Why has the old Pinochet thread gone?

This didn't happen to other threads.

Why has the old Pinochet thread gone?

This didn't happen to other threads.

Oops -Sorted now

Forgery of his wife's handwriting? Preposterous! Next they'll be telling us that he imprisoned and tortured future leaders of his country...

I couldn't find anything more relevant to his state of health than this, but it can't be good for his ticker, can it? "Ay caramba! Someone I tortured, and whose father I tortured to death, is now in charge of my house arrest. El Buggero!"

Forgery of his wife's handwriting? Preposterous! Next they'll be telling us that he imprisoned and tortured future leaders of his country...

I couldn't find anything more relevant to his state of health than this, but it can't be good for his ticker, can it? "Ay caramba! Someone I tortured, and whose father I tortured to death, is now in charge of my house arrest. El buggero!"

I see your Spanish lessons were about as successful as mine!

I couldn't find anything more relevant to his state of health than this, but it can't be good for his ticker, can it? "Ay caramba! Someone I tortured, and whose father I tortured to death, is now in charge of my house arrest. El buggero!"

I see your Spanish lessons were about as successful as mine!

Si.

General Pinochet's daughter is detained at Dulles airport for tax evasion in Chile.

The general blames himself, ahh poor old bugger. Must be a strain on his old heart.

Guest Pinochet Rules
General Pinochet's daughter is detained at Dulles airport for tax evasion in Chile.

The general blames himself, ahh poor old bugger. Must be a strain on his old heart.

Chile today is head and shoulders above the other South American countries.

His policies proved to be extra successful in the long run.

Today only 9% if Chile´s economy is state owned. Under Alende most of it was.

Thank you General Pinochet for what you did .

The risk of investment in Chile Today is only 60 points (=The LOWEST in the region).

It all started in 1974 when he set regulations for foreign investments in his country.

This example was followed by The UK in the eighties(=Maggie´s years)

LONG LIVE PINOCHET!!!

HISTORY WILL ABSOLVE YOU!!!

Chile today is head and shoulders above the other South American countries.

Today only 9% if Chile´s economy is state owned. Under Alende most of it was.

The risk of investment in Chile Today is only 60 points (=The LOWEST in the region).

It all started in 1974 when he set regulations for foreign investments in his country.

LONG LIVE PINOCHET!!!

HISTORY WILL ABSOLVE YOU!!!

I don't think even Maggie went as far as having Death Squads,

holding her opponents in football stadia, while they waited for interrogation, and possible execution.

She was a big softie really. :o

Yes, quite. It would seem that the only policy of Pinochet's that didn't quite come off was his attempt to liquidate ALL of his political opponents: it seems a few of them "slipped through the net". Or should that be "slipped through the electrodes"?

We all now know, with the benefit of hindsight, what a resounding economic triumph "Maggie's years" were. If only I'd known how instrumental you'd been in Britain's last two decades of economic buoyancy :o:D

Thank you, Augusto. Hope everything works out ok with your trial. :o

Yes, quite. It would seem that the only policy of Pinochet's that didn't quite come off was his attempt to liquidate ALL of his political opponents: it seems a few of them "slipped through the net". Or should that be "slipped through the electrodes"?

We all now know, with the benefit of hindsight, what a resounding economic triumph "Maggie's years" were. If only I'd known how instrumental you'd been in Britain's last two decades of economic buoyancy :o:D

Thank you, Augusto. Hope everything works out ok with your, erm... trial thingy. :o

Very true that Maggie sorted this country out.

Thank God she had the balls to tackle the miners - look at the state of France when the unions decide to call a strike.

I just wish she was still here to give the London Underground drivers a kicking.

£30,000 to close the doors, put your feet up and let the computer take over - and then striking for more pay.

Actually, sod Maggie - put Pinochet onto them!

Thank you, Augusto. Hope everything works out ok with your, erm... trial thingy. :o

Very true that Maggie sorted this country out.

Thank God she had the balls to tackle the miners - look at the state of France when the unions decide to call a strike.

I just wish she was still here to give the London Underground drivers a kicking.

£30,000 to close the doors, put your feet up and let the computer take over - and then striking for more pay.

Actually, sod Maggie - put Pinochet onto them!

Sorry, should have made my tone more obvious by applying the [iRONY][/iRONY] tags. Wouldn't want any of my hard-left comrades to think I'd deserted them.

Sorry, should have made my tone more obvious by applying the [iRONY][/iRONY] tags. Wouldn't want any of my hard-left comrades to think I'd deserted them.

Sorry, but the phrase "hard left" is an almost perfect oxymoron.

There's something about beards and sandals that never struck me as hard.

I'm only having a laugh, well, ish.

Guest Toerag

I will cheer when the f..krs dead. Murdering shitehawk. :banghead:

I will cheer when the f..krs dead. Murdering shitehawk. :crossbone:

You know, General Pinochet is a figure that I don't know too much about. I mean, I know what happened and all and it seems that he's a very detestable figure, but does anyone around here have a strong opinion for one reason or another? I'm curious.

I will cheer when the f..krs dead. Murdering shitehawk. :crossbone:

Mr/Mrs/Ms Toerag,

For your use of the word "shitehawk", please accept my hearty praise. I'll be using that one at the weekly crisis meeting on monday morning.

"Neither saint nor shitehawk be" - A. Wiseman

Guest Guest

General Pinochet is the hero of the CHilean people and did what was necessary to ensure the soverignty of Chile.

General Pinochet is the hero of the CHilean people and did what was necessary to ensure the soverignty of Chile.

I've met a few Chilean people who would disagree with you on that and were very pleased to see Pinochet brought to trial

I've met a few Chilean people who would disagree with you on that and were very pleased to see Pinochet brought to trial

If only the good die young, then we need to look no further into why Pinochet's lived this long.

If only the good die young, then we need to look no further into why Pinochet's lived this long.

But then how do we explain Milosevic? :D

But then how do we explain Milosevic? ;)

Slobo had help kicking that nasty breathing habit. I am disappointed that Milosevic didn't rot in a cell for another 20 years.