maryportfuncity

Whom Are You Tarring With The Epithet "twunt"?

Dammit, always the bridesmaid... :lol: My 500 looks puny compared to your big bulging 3,000! I consider my thunder to have been well and truly stolen. Well done on achieving Twunt Mastery MPFC, let's see if you can do the double over me tomorrow when if Carlisle beat Charlton! :lol:

Thanks to all those with kind words, I suspect OoO's comments are the closest to what I've tried to accomplish through the medium of the post. Style over content has always been the aim!

I will admit there has been some learning on my part since I've been here, I notice death reports in the news these days and think 'I actually knew that'. Impressive, eh? :( I'd heard of less than half of the list when I started, now it's probably right up to, oooh, 30-ish? Actually, after just quickly scanning the list I do know most of them; still no idea who Charles Lane, Ingmar Bergman or Dino De Laurentiis are though. Have I missed out?

It's fair to say I never have anything to say in the 'ideas & possibilities' or 'near misses' theads, but I always read them. Well, skim them at least. :lol:

Finally to answer BHB, the Cadburys 'TLC' chocolate finger was put into production, but has since been put on hold. Why, I hear you ask? Because the Cadburys board of directors realised that such a chocolate-fest needed a suitable holiday to celebrate it, and it was considered too close to xmas to really get the public behind the wonder of 'TLC's magical chocolate fingers; enjoy them warm or cold'.

I've been told Easter is looking good, they are easily made into cross shapes for a start, so they're instantly relevant. And big enough to crucify a full-size person on too, if slightly less reliable in the summer months than their wooden cousins.

TLC, I doubt very much I'll achieve that double. I have got my ticket and will soon be departing for the Valley, more for the day out and the crack than in any serious hope of a giant killing act.

Go well

I notice Hein is hangin' in there on 1997 posts, party time soon eh?

I notice Hein is hangin' in there on 1997 posts, party time soon eh?

Oh sh*t. I may as well make it the 2k here.

2kxz8.jpg

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein

Indeed; respect and congratulations are in order. Stayin' power to burn. Played Hein!

Our Manx representitive has twunted herself; respect and good wishes Handrejka!

Thanks. Thanks also to those who congratulated me in the Birthday Thread. Congratulations also to Captain Oates who has also reached twunthood.

Indeed, missed the good Captain

He's just going out into the forum, he may be some time!

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone explain the meaning of 'twunt'? I'm guessing it is something to do with reaching 1000 posts, but why 'twunt'? I'm afraid the only thing I can think of is an amalgamation of two rude words, but that doesn't seem the right explanation in the '1000 post' circumstance.

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone explain the meaning of 'twunt'? I'm guessing it is something to do with reaching 1000 posts, but why 'twunt'? I'm afraid the only thing I can think of is an amalgamation of two rude words, but that doesn't seem the right explanation in the '1000 post' circumstance.

Erm....................... it is the amalgamation of the two rude words you mention.

Erm....................... it is the amalgamation of the two rude words you mention.

Thanks ;) I look forward to becoming one.

I'd suggest that you type 'twunt' into the search facility and draw your own conclusions ;)

There are loads of others in the Urban Dictionary we may want to use. If and when anyone makes it to 5000, are they - like - a blumpkin, or summat?

There are loads of others in the Urban Dictionary we may want to use. If and when anyone makes it to 5000, are they - like - a blumpkin, or summat?

Nice one MPFC - made me laugh out loud. Particularly when I scrolled down to satisfy my curiosity about a Blumpkin Backfire (10,000 posts perhaps)

Nice one MPFC - made me laugh out loud. Particularly when I scrolled down to satisfy my curiosity about a Blumpkin Backfire (10,000 posts perhaps)

Did you scroll far enough to educate yourself about the blumpkin vagina platypus? There's nowt so queer as folk as they say.

Did you scroll far enough to educate yourself about the blumpkin vagina platypus? There's nowt so queer as folk as they say.

Not originally but thanks for pointing it out - I feel that has enriched my life and given me new confidence in my ability for forming mental pictures.

The blumpkin vagina platypus party became fatal as 2 platypus' wound up dead.

The plural of platypus didn't sit easy with me though.

Having looked at this Urban Dictionary, particularly the definition of 'blumpkin', I'm quickly starting to regret ever having asked my original question. :( Particularly as I necked a double dose of Dulcolax yesterday and am feeling it's rusty-water-like effects today. Hourly.

Post 5000!!!!

Look upon my works ye mighty; and wonder where it all went so badly wrong!

Post 5000!!!!

Look upon my works ye mighty; and wonder where it all went so badly wrong!

Ah, a navelgazing meta-post for the big 5,000 - it's only fitting I suppose. Erm, 'well done' mein uber-twunt, to the Alan Ross of the forum ;)

Starcrossed sends his love and best wishes for the next 5,000. Onwards and upwards to blumpkindom.

Starcrossed AKA Maryportc***city on Poolofdeath?

Yeah, there's one or two round our way would like a word with him in he's ever in West Cumbria.

Banshees hits the big 4-0, with another couple of o's, obviously.

Way to go BS!

Thank you Mary, thank you. It's really been something else. I mean one day you wake up and you've posted 4000 times and your the most arrogant and entertaining son of a bitch on one of the best forums the world wide web has to offer.

Thank you Mary, thank you. It's really been something else. I mean one day you wake up and you've posted 4000 times and your the most arrogant and entertaining son of a bitch on one of the best forums the world wide web has to offer.

Jesus you've got tickets on yourself BS. I really don't know which planet you live on, but it's not the same as the rest of us.

Arrogance: Unreasonable inordinate self-esteem. Yep.

Entertaining: To hold the attention of with something amusing. Yep. A lot more amusing than you could ever imagine. And the funny thing is you don't even notice.

SoB. Yep.

Best forum. Yep.

4,000 posts of comedy gold.

I've just noticed that I am approaching twuntdom, if that is the correct phrase in these parts for nearing 1000 posts.

I also notice that Godot, the esteemed gentleman in the hat who invited me to join these murky waters, is approaching double that number. On the verge of becoming a double twunt, if you will.

Twuntdom is certainly something that would look very good on my CV at my time of life. Indeed, having failed to embark upon a life of crime during my late teens (couldn't start the stolen Cortina), missed out on that dream job (job owner realised I'd slept with his sister) and missed out on the Army (inherited Hancock's flat feet, despite being no relation), I am looking forward to stepping into twuntdom. Death Listing is finally something I can do. Probably not very well, but I've lasted, despite a lengthy sojourn to a real world where the virtual access is few. Or something.

I'd like to say that I shall approach twuntdom with the employed cool of said Godot who stopped and teetered on post 999, but alas, I shall never breathe the minty cool air that Godot inhales. Instead I shall be marking off the posts on the wallpaper next to my little computer corner in the living room. It's about as rebellious and cool as I get, but I shall be doing it with the anticipating glee of a sixteen year old alcoholic who's realised that it's not long before he can take his alcoholism behind the wheel of a car.

Honestly, becoming a twunt won't change me. My posts will still be as lame, doddering and fumbling as ever.

Being lame, doddering and fumbling is the way is it is in the House of Brinsworth.

And Godot, my old chum, any thoughts concerning your imminent double twuntdom or did you plan to spend it quietly behind your sunglasses? In which case, I apologise for bringing attention to its imminence.

Cheers,

BHB

Gosh BHB, can't say I had noticed the upcoming event. It's enough for me to be a groat crusted newt on the Hartlepool Deadlypool. Double twuntdom on here I regard as a dubious honour particularly when you consider some far more incisive posters who visit intermittently such as Arnold today with Dolores Hope and Boudicca who never lets us down.

What I would say about your own postings BHB is that you always fight your corner, your posts are an antidote to pretentiousness, and many of them have given me cause to chuckle over the the past year or two.

PS. I wonder if I can claim the first "gosh" on deathlist. Doubt it somehow. If it were so, all I could say would be: golly!