football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Each week we saw Corporal Randolph Agarn (playted by Larry Storch) and Sgt. Morgan O'Rourke (played by Forest Tucker concoct schemes and plans of varying sorts along with cohorts from the Acowee indian camp and Cief Wild Eagle and some other indian named CrazyCat all under the oblivious eyes of Captain Wilton Parmenter (played by Ken Berry) who was far too in lust with lesbian saloon keeper Wrangler Jane played by Melody Patterson.......possibly the only woman in the show.

Ah yes, Chief Wild Eagle, I'd almost forgotten about him. He'd make a fine avatar as well:

frank-dekova.jpg

Hope I remember this thread sometime down the road...

F-Troop is that something to do with the Boy Scouts?

Captain Wilton Parmenter (played by Ken Berry) who was far too in lust with lesbian saloon keeper Wrangler Jane played by Melody Patterson

Bruno-

You have an excellent memory except for your characterization of Jane as a lesbian and Wilton in lust with her. Jane was always chasing the Captain and he was largely unconscious.

After doing a search I couldn't find any mention of Levi Stubbs, the lead singer with "The Four Tops"

Levi has had serious medical problems over recent years a stroke and heart attack in 2000 and prostate cancer in '02.

He is apparently wheelchair bound and Motown singers don't have a good record of longevity.

He is apparently wheelchair bound and Motown singers don't have a good record of longevity.

Yeah, all but one of the original members of The Temptations has been dead for some time now.

As for Stubbs, he's lost his place as lead singer of The Four Tops, has had cancer for over a decade and is turning 70 this year. As for more recent/specific details, couldn't find any.

Yeah, all but one of the original members of The Temptations has been dead for some time now.

As for Stubbs, he's lost his place as lead singer of The Four Tops, has had cancer for over a decade and is turning 70 this year. As for more recent/specific details, couldn't find any.

Otis Williams appears to be the only original member left. I didn't realise they had gone through so many line-up changes.

F-Troop is that something to do with the Boy Scouts?

Captain Wilton Parmenter (played by Ken Berry) who was far too in lust with lesbian saloon keeper Wrangler Jane played by Melody Patterson

Bruno-

You have an excellent memory except for your characterization of Jane as a lesbian and Wilton in lust with her. Jane was always chasing the Captain and he was largely unconscious.

Oh. I knew Parmenter was unaware of what Agarn an O'Rourke were always cooking up but never really paid mind to his dealings with Jane. I seem to recall he was into drinking Sarsparilla and whenever he stepped on the porch in front of his quarters/office the wooden board would pop up and hit his head......maybve that was why he didn't notice what was going on.

Guest Guest

my ideas for the 2007 deathlist

Lilian Asplund Gertrude - oldest titanic survivor alive 10/21/1906-present

Barbara Joyce West- titanic survivor 5/24/1911-present

Elizabeth Gladys Dean- titanic survivor- 2/2/1912

Dame Jane Goodall- primatologist

my ideas for the 2007 deathlist

Lilian Asplund Gertrude - oldest titanic survivor alive 10/21/1906-present

Barbara Joyce West- titanic survivor 5/24/1911-present

Elizabeth Gladys Dean- titanic survivor- 2/2/1912

Dame Jane Goodall- primatologist

Goodall for at least another twenty years, probably.

Do you have any inside info, guest?

The report on Ronnie Barker's memorial revealed Danny La Rue has been in hospital on occasion for cardiac problems in the past year or so.

June Whitfield,81 this year,didnt look that good.

Two more for iain.

BBC News

Canadian school teachers. And CP.

Sikh as a parrot.

As a deeply commited sociopath I shall now apply for permission to carry an AK47 around Tescos.

Sikh as a parrot.

As a deeply commited sociopath I shall now apply for permission to carry an AK47 around Tescos.

While I think it's not a big deal in this case, I think the line has to be drawn somewhere with freedom to religion. The line should be where the practice is detremental to society. For example, the Thugee cult of India used to strangle passers by as part of their ritual. Does freedom of religion apply to their right to strangle travellers? Sometimes people might argue that freedom of religion only applies to "established" religions (and thus, if I started a new religion where people as young as 12 had to take shots, that right wouldn't be protected under the freedom of religion clause), but certainly the Thugees, who were around for 600 years must qualify. Some may call them a cult, but clearly they worshiped a higher power, so at the very least they themselves could claim religion status.

The point I'm getting at is that all freedoms shouldn't be taken past the limits of common sense, but they should be taken to the borders. A person can easily smuggle a pocket knife into a school if he wants to stab another pupil, he doesn't have to fight for his legal right to carry a ceremonial dagger. There's no social harm in letting him excercise his freedom of religion in this case, so why not let him do it?

Sikh as a parrot.

While I think it's not a big deal in this case, I think the line has to be drawn somewhere with freedom to religion. The line should be where the practice is detremental to society. For example, the Thugee cult of India used to strangle passers by as part of their ritual. Does freedom of religion apply to their right to strangle travellers? Sometimes people might argue that freedom of religion only applies to "established" religions (and thus, if I started a new religion where people as young as 12 had to take shots, that right wouldn't be protected under the freedom of religion clause), but certainly the Thugees, who were around for 600 years must qualify. Some may call them a cult, but clearly they worshiped a higher power, so at the very least they themselves could claim religion status.

The point I'm getting at is that all freedoms shouldn't be taken past the limits of common sense, but they should be taken to the borders. A person can easily smuggle a pocket knife into a school if he wants to stab another pupil, he doesn't have to fight for his legal right to carry a ceremonial dagger. There's no social harm in letting him excercise his freedom of religion in this case, so why not let him do it?

To another 14/15 year old its a red rag to a bull.

There is a rule - NO EXCEPTIONS.

You choose to live in an alien society - you adhere to their rules.

Lieutenant General Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Don't know what his health is like but at 87 in November he is getting on a bit!

Don't know what his health is like but at 87 in November he is getting on a bit!

Just released a line of vodka recentely. I hate to rip off a DDP joke, but he won't be around too long if he mixes his two prized inventions. :o

He's still doing fairly well as far as I know, Russians tend to be a hardy bunch (refer to our discussion on good ol' Alex Soly...)

Just released a line of vodka recentely. I hate to rip off a DDP joke, but he won't be around too long if he mixes his two prized inventions. ;)

He's still doing fairly well as far as I know, Russians tend to be a hardy bunch (refer to our discussion on good ol' Alex Soly...)

If he's as hardy as his guns he will be around for a long time!! :o

Hall of fame baseball player Kirby Puckett, has suffered a stroke and is undergoing surgery.

No, I have never heard of him either but he seems to be quite well known stateside.

Character actor Colin Jeavons (b.1929).

According to imdb, he hasn't been on TV since 1993.

Must be ill...

Character actor Colin Jeavons (b.1929).

According to imdb, he hasn't been on TV since 1993.

Must be ill...

Well according to an appreciation site from 2005, he retired from acting in 1996 & lives happily in retirement with his wife in Surrey. He still signs any fan mail forwarded from his agent.

Sounds okay to me....

Hall of fame baseball player Kirby Puckett, has suffered a stroke and is undergoing surgery.

No, I have never heard of him either but he seems to be quite well known stateside.

Now undergoing autopsy.

A blast from the past.

Evel Knievel 68.

Hepatitis C, Liver transplant in 1999!

Any news on him?

Waser a absololtely woinderful baseball player for many yearas and worked with thebn manager Tom Kelly of The Minnesota Twins which was originally a teamb of a different name.

Trivia fact hers a few years ago basseball was considfering elimninating the tWins from baseball leagues and the staduym the twinS played in was in great disrepairt and the playing surtface which I think was fake grass like a carpert really, was torn in a lot of many placxws and then they got a reprieve and the Tewins stayed but the Montyreal Blur Jays were a team that got the old axxe although they came back recent of times and I think arre now the new Washington taem. The n too they are national league whereas the Twins are American League., Cant' for the life of me recakll which American League team was being pulled or redirerected. sure would appreciate if someone knowst rehe answer on that.

Sad sad really verty very sad to see theins morning and even last night at the end of O'Reilly and Olberman as weell and even the news on Nancy Grace tjhat Kirby Puckett had swung his bat for the last earthly time. I wonder tyhough if that hit in the eye with the baseball might have befgun the whole thing starting off a freight train of events which led to him not being abler to play baseball anymore when hios sight started goijng bad adn then he ate bad and liveds a lesss healthy or happy life and so he had the stroke and then substantially died subseqyently.

A blast from the past.

Evel Knievel 68.

Hepatitis C, Liver transplant in 1999!

Any news on him?

According to his Website he seems in good health still

"Evel has been an avid golfer most of his life and continues to play regularly. He enjoys all sports and likes to watch and wager on football, basketball and hockey games.

He has been a generous contributor to charities and currently is promoting the work of the "Make a Wish Foundation", an organization that arranges the fullfillment of the dreams of children suffering from terminal illnesses."

Although it doesn't say when the site was last updated.

Although it doesn't say when the site was last updated.

The page was last edited Wednesday, April 09, 2003 01:45:21.

A lot can happen in three years.

regards,

Hein