football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

I'm with Octi, on my WDP they thrive and stay alive.

Might be just a flash in the pan, but Pavarotti has cancelled his UK tour due to ill health. It's just an "infection" and lower back problems, but he has had some health worries in the past

Anyone else having the same sort of bad luck with their lists?

I'm with OoO, but worse so. My DDP has had one hit so far, and I'd say a good 50% are likely to live for a few more years to come yet, as news reports about their good health have come streaming in for the year. :blink:

Tim henman for being :) at wimbolden

Going back to Gianluca Pessotto, who is still fighting for his life after his suicide attempt, among the masses of news coverage, I had to laugh when I read the latest description of his health:

The head of Molinette Hospital's intensive care unit, Dr Pierpaolo Donadio, explained that the operation was necessary because Pessotto's "biggest problem was this clot which was blocking the return of blood from the legs to the heart and thus exerting pressure on the kidneys". Although doctors only limited themselves to saying the operation was a "technical success", Pessotto's wife Reana told the press her husband was "better now".

The ex-Juve and Italy defender suffered extensive damage after leaping from the top of Juventus headquarters here in an apparent suicide attempt on Tuesday .

Police said Pessotto had climbed to a small, high window and threw himself out clutching a rosary. He landed on a car, bounced onto another one and ended up on the ground. Doctors later observed that he had probably survived because the car broke his fall, even if he hit the vehicle at an estimated 60mph. On Thursday, doctors said it may take as much as a month or more to know whether Pessotto will survive and how much permanent damage he suffered .

Pessotto has already undergone surgery twice. The first time was immediately after his arrival in hospital to set some of his multiple fractures and stop extensive internal bleeding .

The second operation took place Tuesday night, to try and clear the blood clot in his shattered foot, but was

curtailed because the 36-year-old player risked dying on the operating table .

That's the serious bit. Then there's the bit that made me laugh.

Doctors observed that the fact that Pessotto was in stable condition was "positive" but so was the fact he was still alive.

Nothing gets past these Italian doctors, eh. One, I'm glad they observed he was still alive. Two, I am also glad that they think being alive is a positive sign, as compared to a negative one.

I know what they meant, but it's how I read it that made me chuckle, despite the seriousness of Pessotto's condition.

Khaled Meshaal the Top leader of Hamas' military-wing and wanted dead by the Israelis.

Currently exiled in Syria, I don't think it will be too much longer before he's a goner.

Doctors observed that the fact that Pessotto was in stable condition was "positive" but so was the fact he was still alive.

I can imagine that Mr Pessotto disagrees with that assessment.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

These Italians are always taking a dive. It's a big part of their game. I wonder if he's been dropped?

PS Is this where the expression 'jumpers for goalposts' comes from?

regards,

Hein

Either way, he's f**ked as far as those eye-catching and sometimes lucrative charity games are concerned eh?

famous(films,tv,this is your life,plus a music career)very old,not been seen since sinderella pantomime in west end with jim davidson,may i propose charlie drake.....forget your smethursts(still fit) and reg varney(just got over illness,on tv again recently)charlie drake(hello my darlings),ready to pop surely?????? :banghead:

the fitter they seem,the harder they fall,christopher lee and charlie drake for the double.

I've given up on making a list for 2007 for a few months anyway, so far 8 that I had pencilled in for next year have died. I've got several lists all over the place with the majority of names crossed out.

The latest casulty to my 2007 list has been Robert Carrier. :banghead:

Anyone else having the same sort of bad luck with their lists?

I had that in 2004 with Ann Miller, Noris McWhirter,Emlyn Hughes and Fred Dibnah all dying when they were pencilled in for 2005. The latter two were especially annoying as they lasted until late in the year

Also sorry to tell you this but I'm hearing rumours that Ebert is a lot worse than we're being lead to believe

Bloody jerk better last out the year. I've had him on my list for the past two years, and just decided to take him off before my last RDP. I'll be mighty pissed if he goes. :D

You ought to learn punctuation.

Not sure if he's been mentioned already, but B. B. King is currently on his farewell European tour.

At 80 and with diabetes and considering his gruelling tour schedule over the years he could be one for consideration.

Not sure if he's been mentioned already, but B. B. King is currently on his farewell European tour.

At 80 and with diabetes and considering his gruelling tour schedule over the years he could be one for consideration.

Who will replace him in those lovely commercials he does with the young man for those blood readers?

He's been discussed before - I forget if it was in his own thread or in the "Looking Healthy" thread - but evidentely he's been in tip-top shape at performances, even after he suffered two personally tragedies within the space of a week. Convincing enough evidence somewhere on these forums that I took him off my list.

Of course, I did the same with Roger Ebert. :angry:

He's been discussed before - I forget if it was in his own thread or in the "Looking Healthy" thread - but evidentely he's been in tip-top shape at performances, even after he suffered two personally tragedies within the space of a week. Convincing enough evidence somewhere on these forums that I took him off my list.

Of course, I did the same with Roger Ebert. :angry:

Visit the barber young man.

The Dalai Lama (who's 71 today) has cancelled his European tour and told by his doctors to rest.

Jack Jones - former Trade Union Leader, 93 years old, not sure if he would pass the fame test, but worth keeping an eye on :lol:

Jack Jones - former Trade Union Leader, 93 years old, not sure if he would pass the fame test, but worth keeping an eye on :lol:

Fame test? Most certainly. Not only was he leader of the TGWU when that union was a power in the land, he also campaigned more recently for pensioners' rights. I'd forgotten about him. Well resurrected DDT.

The Dalai Lama (who's 71 today) has cancelled his European tour and told by his doctors to rest.

Now there's a big surprise. Didn't his doctors used to tell him that they wished they could be as healthy as him? :lol:

Fame test? Most certainly. Not only was he leader of the TGWU when that union was a power in the land, he also campaigned more recently for pensioners' rights. I'd forgotten about him. Well resurrected DDT.

Jack Jones would make a fine DL neighbour for Clive Dunn, I wonder if Jack was a corporal in WWII.

Jack Jones would make a fine DL neighbour for Clive Dunn, I wonder if Jack was a corporal in WWII.

I think he had been too busy fighting in the International Brigade and spent much of WWII as a trade union organiser.

Rosa Berlusconi. "Mama" of Silvio Berlusconi, 95 years of age and famous(ish) in her own land. Reckon she's get a UK obit?

;) offerings to the great unknown in the sky are as follows: Paul Newman, M.Ali, Bermard Manning, and a prominent member of our most famous family. No, I won't say who since my residence in the Tower would be inconvenient at this time. I am still perfecting my timeline research, so I would estimate between 06 and the end of 2007 for these names.