football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

How about Mel Gibson for 2007? We've probably all heard the news by now, by in case anyone's had their head in the sand for the past few days here's the latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/....dui/index.html

So it would seem he has three possible paths to the hereafter on the boil at the minute:

1. killed by angry Jews/the Israeli army

2. suicide

3. alcohol induced misadventure (would include everything from car smash to severe liver failure)

Sidney Sheldon, the author is very ill. He has sold 300 million books so I would hope he should pass the fame test.

Just noticed that the article is a couple of weeks old, so I've emailed the journalist that wrote the article to find out if he's heard any further on Sheldon's condition.

Guest Guest

2007 ideas:

W. Mark Felt (1913- ), AKA "Deep Throat"

David Rockefeller (1915- ), prominent American billionaire and philanthropist

Yitzhak Shamir (1915- ), former Israeli prime minister

Robert McNamara (1916- ), former U.S. Secretary of Defense

Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. (1917- ), American historian and liberal activist

Nancy Reagan (1921- )

Joseph Wiseman (b.1918) actor, played Dr. No in the first bond film....

Sandy West, drummer with legendary all-girl band The Runaways, is not only battling lung cancer but has also been diagnosed with a brain tumour so it's looking a bit grim. ;)

*changed to correct cancer. Look, I've got a cold, ok?

Sandy West, drummer with legendary all-girl band The Runaways, is not only battling breast cancer but has also been diagnosed with a brain tumour so it's looking a bit grim. ;)

It says she had lung cancer

2nd paragraph

In August of last year, Sandy was diagnosed with lung cancer. She has battled bravely and endured an extensive course of chemotherapy which is still continuing. We did not release this information as Sandy wanted her illness to remain a private issue, and to reemerge with new projects, cancer free.

Sandy West, drummer with legendary all-girl band The Runaways, is not only battling breast cancer but has also been diagnosed with a brain tumour so it's looking a bit grim. ;)

But would she get an obit?

A few years back she'd have got a mention in NME, not sure if she would these days

Whether or not she gets an obit is academic really. She probably won't last until 2007.

Very sad.

Very, very sad - she was always my favourite Runaway (Lita Ford looked better when she went solo - look, I was a teenage boy when the were around, alright?). In terms of obits, she might not get NME these days, but she'd certainly get in Mojo, Record Collector, and Classic Rock, as they have ongoing obits section, albeit sometimes a month or two out. Do Deathlist rules state national publications, newstand publications, or are they specific about BBC, etc? She may even get a broadsheet - god knows I was astonished to see Peter Bardens of Camel get in the Guardian a few years back, even though it was about a month after the actual event (I was surprised at the time lag, even more so as I didn't know he'd died until I saw it there).

Jerry Stiller, actor and also father of Ben Stiller b. 1927

Suffers from depression

Freddy Fender - as if it wasn't bad enough he needed a kidney transplant, now he has incurable cancer.

Freddy Fender - as if it wasn't bad enough he needed a kidney transplant, now he has incurable cancer.

Look back a page. It's already been posted :)

Look back a page. It's already been posted :)

searches really are worthless on this site sometimes (top and bottom).

Doug Fieger lead vocalist of The Knack has undergone surgery to remove two tumours from his brain

This is not a good week for musicians.Curtis Salgado a blues, R&B, and soul singer-songwriter-musician has liver cancer

Look back a page. It's already been posted :lol:;)

Hmm... maybe doing the mini I & P thread was a waste of time as it was to stop double suggestions. :lol:

This is not a good week for musicians.Curtis Salgado a blues, R&B, and soul singer-songwriter-musician has liver cancer

Look back a page. It's already been posted :);)

Hmm... maybe doing the mini I & P thread was a waste of time as it was to stop double suggestions. :D

Whoops !! Guilty as charged. Hoisted by my own petard. :(

Sidney Sheldon, the author is very ill. He has sold 300 million books so I would hope he should pass the fame test.

Just noticed that the article is a couple of weeks old, so I've emailed the journalist that wrote the article to find out if he's heard any further on Sheldon's condition.

Still haven't received a reply from the journalist, I guess he doesn't answer his emails.

...unless of course you'd rather not...

Maurice Clarett (22) - running back with Ohio State, arrested for making an illegal U-turn and possession of 3 loaded hand guns and one loaded rifle, failure to stop for police and currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case.

Could be a possiblility of being shot next year if he carries on the way he is going

Although a UK obit might be a problem

Depends doesn't it, I mean if he turned up for training with a gun in his bag and went postal on his team mates his fame would be assured.