maryportfuncity

Terrorists & Topical Terrorist Targets

34 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Now Turkey also claims to have ‘neutralised‘ Abu al-Qurashi, the Leader of ISIS.

Slightly more hopeful, though dead pool points in these circumstances are very slow arriving - not quite a unique pick on the DDP this year, TWO of us have selected him.

• Like 1

So, re yer ISIS guy, news are all over this and Turkey talking about it like it's definitely a done deal. You'd assume such levels of confidence are based on enough evidence to generate dead pool points. 

Not the world's healthiest job, you'd assume anyone getting appointed would consider a whole packet of Fruit Gums an ambiious challenge

Given that an election is coming up very soon in Turkey, I'd retain some scepticism. 

6 hours ago, prussianblue said:

Given that an election is coming up very soon in Turkey, I'd retain some scepticism. 

Aye, but...it's a massive hostage to fortune if yer man and his ISIS buddies turn up online with today's paper and a massive middle finger in the air, that wouldn't win any votes for Erdogan

• Like 1

On 18/05/2021 at 23:35, arghton said:

Iván Márquez, another FARC guerrilla leader, dead at 68.

On 29/08/2021 at 17:09, arghton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/aug/29/afghanistan-live-news-terror-attack-highly-likely-in-next-24-36-hours-says-biden-last-uk-troops-leave-kabul

Another strike near the airport as last UK troops leave Kabul.

Shahab al-Muhajir is the leader of ISIS's Khorasan province ("ISIS-K") There's a drone somewhere with his name on it

Shahab al-Muhajir, mastermind of the 2021 Kabul airport attack, might've been killed last month by Taliban. Even if he's not dead, he will be sooner than later.

Absolutely terrible rapper back in his YouTube freestyle days, at least he found a career he was eventually suited to.

21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP pick Abu al-Hussein al-Husseini al-Qurashi reported dead by IS and here: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/8/3/isil-confirms-death-of-leader-abu-hussein-al-qurashi-names-successor

This might be now enough to get the points, given he was reported dead by the West in April.

No date though.

Wait a minute though. Do we have any idea of his age? What happens if that cannot be determined?

On 03/08/2023 at 19:14, YoungWillz said:

Wait a minute though. Do we have any idea of his age? What happens if that cannot be determined?

Well... I don't know. I'm kind of leaning towards waiting for a long time... and then maybe, if there's still no known age, I'll go with the highest age that's plausible to me. Judging from the one picture, which might be a a couple of years old...I think I'd go with the 50-59 age bracket.

• Like 2

On 05/08/2023 at 07:19, gcreptile said:

Well... I don't know. I'm kind of leaning towards waiting for a long time... and then maybe, if there's still no known age, I'll go with the highest age that's plausible to me. Judging from the one picture, which might be a a couple of years old...I think I'd go with the 50-59 age bracket.

Posted a Reuters link in the DDP thread so the q/o is sorted beyond all doubt. 

I'd be amazed if he was over 49 :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, one of those taken alive by Hamas is Alex Danzig, holocaust historian

If he's still around the conversations with his captors might be getting a bit lively: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67135168

I recently learned that Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas has a (Soviet) PhD,  which he earned with a thesis entitled 'The Connection between the Nazis and the Leaders of the Zionist Movement'. His central argument is not that the Holocaust didn't happen per se, but that Zionist leaders were active partners of the Nazis in carrying it out. Plus the usual denial of the figure of 6 million victims.

Hamas co-founder Mohammad Taha (wiki), still marked alive on Wikipedia, died at 78 in 2014.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, prussianblue said:

I recently learned that Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas has a (Soviet) PhD,  which he earned with a thesis entitled 'The Connection between the Nazis and the Leaders of the Zionist Movement'. His central argument is not that the Holocaust didn't happen per se, but that Zionist leaders were active partners of the Nazis in carrying it out. Plus the usual denial of the figure of 6 million victims.

Wow! So he and Alex Danzig are likely hunkering down with a cuppa and ironing out the minor differences in their respective positions, or summat

18 hours ago, jimbean1121 said:

my friend knows her i can’t believe this is how i found out bruh

I'm so sorry about that. Didn't expect a post like this becoming personal. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Winkie Rea, Northern Irish loyalist commander and former leader of the Red Hand Commando, reportedly dead.

That whole group of terrorists/leading members of the PUP haven’t had particular long life spans. 

BBC - On the 4 year anniversary of the 'nearly world war causing' death of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, 50 people are said to have been killed in a bombing at his tomb, a further 60 are said to be injured.