I'll remind myself of how low we sank a few years back and curb the passion.

Then again, these things content me as I consider the awesome points gap between the leader and the also rans in the DDP!

Some of us aren't having such a good time down in the depths, Mary.

2 points from a possible 33 (F11, A30), we may yet be joining Wrexham in the Conference, brawd Honez...

Williamson Out etc blah!!

citysign.GIF

2 points from a possible 33 (F11, A30), we may yet be joining Wrexham in the Conference, brawd Honez...

citysign.GIF

I feel your pain, but the Conference/Blue Square whatever is survivable and brought a few delights, mainly whupping those teams who'd struggled to get there (the 7-0 demolition of hapless Farnborough and the 5 put past Aldershot being particular delights). Similarly some of the friendliest supporters I've ever encountered travelling away. Not that I'd wish relegation on you HMBWA.

citysign.GIF

cheeky F***ker why don't you go back into exile

Murderous tackles don't take long to make it to YouTube, do they? Or to the DL.

It's too blurred to be X-rated if you're the squeamish type, but the still photos may tell another story.

Edit: as I thought, the stills are grim indeed. These videos will not last long, but I'm sure people will keep uploading them.

In advance of Sunday, K.O 3pm, "COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!"

Yours

Yid Army :rip:

In advance of Sunday, K.O 3pm, "COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!"

Yours

Yid Army :rolleyes:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

citysign.GIF

The power of a DL protest - he's out.

Gretna in deep sh*t. Granted there's been loads of clubs looking over the edge this season but Gretna have climbed too far too fast and with Mileson's health giving out it doesn't look too good at all.

Hey up

P W D L Pts GD

2. Doncaster Rovers 35 19 8 8 65 +22

3. Carlisle United 34 19 7 8 64 +18

4. Nottingham Forest 34 15 12 7 57 +23

Granted we were lucky today, they hit the woodwork before our first ricocheted off the chin of one of Brighton's defenders into the path of Danny Graham, then they had a definite penalty waved away before we scored again on the hour and shut up shop. Seven point cushion to fourth place mind, and a game in hand over the team one point ahead, and 12 home wins on the bounce, this is looking good.

What a great day - Royals out of the relegation zone with a good win, Newcastle in freefall, Man Utd out & Barnsley beat Chelsea.

Plus Wales won away in the rugby & Scotland tonked England. Happy, happy days! :)

It'll all go wrong from now on, you just wait & see....

Here's a factoid to chew over: It'll be the first time neither a team from London, Liverpool or Manchester will

have contested the FA Cup final since Sunderland beat Leeds United in 1973... :)

70 yard punt into goal by Ryan McCann of Queen of the South yesterday.

And don't forget a small glimmer of hope for downward-bound Wrexham, beating our 'Arry's Chester 2-0.

:)

Honez, how is the normally good humoured and unflappable Anthony Williams acquitting himself as the last line of the Wrexham defence? He wasn't too bad for Carlisle, I saw him pull a fantastic one against one stop to prevent Darren Bent scoring for Charlton when we went there in last season's league cup. But for the stellar brilliance of Kieren Westwood I have a hunch 'Taff' would have got more games for us.

Honez, how is the normally good humoured and unflappable Anthony Williams acquitting himself as the last line of the Wrexham defence?

I doubt there's much call for WFC TV (Sky Channel 56835374126) in the Antipodes.

Or do they have yesterday's horror show on here?

Honez, how is the normally good humoured and unflappable Anthony Williams acquitting himself as the last line of the Wrexham defence?

I doubt there's much call for WFC TV (Sky Channel 56835374126) in the Antipodes.

Or do they have yesterday's horror show on here?

Television? They have football on television now? I can finally pack away my trusty old Subbuteo and stop trying to follow the moves on my longwave BBC world-service crystal wireless set.

As you can probably tell, MPFC, it's a little difficult for me to make a determination from this distance. Although from what I have seen of him, he does appear to be somewhat hampered by a rather large convex bowl attachment that he is required to stand on. He does have a nice paint job and can move along at a fine clip once flicked though.

Local news up here suggesting Gretna need £30,000 today or they're finished.

Local news up here suggesting Gretna need £30,000 today or they're finished.

Of course, they're only up the road aren't they? I don't suppose the teams up there are bothered since Gretna abandoned the English to make hay in Scotland. What goes up...

Bothered, hmmm, I think you could say there are very strong feelings both ways amongst CUFC supporters. Some think it laugh out loud funny, especially since that showman Mileson was frequently mooted as our saviour from the crook Knighton. Others think it sad. Either way, it appears their captain - Paul Murray - released by us at the end of last season, a player who has indicated he won't play on and wants to invoke the breach in his contract as evidence he is a free agent, may move to us until the end of the season. Injury hit as we are we need more players of his standard to maintain the promotion push. CUFC could provide a lifeline, even if only for a few weeks, for a couple of other Gretna strays. Murray's release was down to our first manager of the season, Neil McDonald. Our third manager, John Ward, appears keen to have him.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what happens if Gretna disappear from the league. Will all results and goals against them be written-off? This could cause major problems for other relegation-threatened teams, I'd have thought.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what happens if Gretna disappear from the league. Will all results and goals against them be written-off? This could cause major problems for other relegation-threatened teams, I'd have thought.

They were debating this on Sportscene last night. Apparently the Gretna games will be considered wins for every opponent, and this would mean Celtic would just shade Rangers on goal difference and Dundde Utd would hop into third!

I think it would be best if they pretended Gretna were never in the SPL and just calculated the results between the remaining 11 sides. However, there is a further complication, because after all the teams meet each other for the third time, the SPL then splits into two 'mini-leagues' of 6 teams each. But of course the bottom half of the league will only have 5, leading to a lop-sided fixture list till the end of the season. ;)

They should have a 20 team league, even if it means 2 less Old Firm games. They always meet each other in the cup anyway..

Article on the BBC website on the ailing Eddie Thompson as Dundee Utd prepare to play Rangers in the CIS Cup final...

Plan is - apparently - for Gretna to stumble through the remainder of the season at which point a buy-out of sorts seems a distinct possibility. The bad news - at least as far as Carlisle fans are concerned - is that Roddy Collins, our former manager, is heading the consortium. A man with a track record of ambitious talk and lacklustre delivery. Some speculation remains about where they'll kick off next year league wise, relegation would put them in League One, then again, a league or two lower might be more realistic without Mileson's money.

Re surviving; Motherwell's pitch (where Gretna play at 'home') is like a cabbage patch at the moment and Motherwell seem unhappy about Gretna playing there now Gretna's gates and money are running out. Liklihood is that Gretna will play their 'home' game against Celtic at St Mirren's ground.