*awaiting the excuses for Englands goalkeeper* :angry:

None offered HCW, although, I believe, his Grandfather was Scottish. :lol:

Just thought, it bloody would be with a surname of Carson!

When you add the involvement of an individual with the surname 'McLaren', a sinister pattern begins to emerge....

Also isn't Carson's first name Diego? Or similar.

Player rankings for last night's match:

Carson - 0. His collosal blunder on the first goal merely cost England qualification, didn't cover himself in glory on the other two. Had numerous other slips and fumbles

Richards - 3. For someone who contributed virtually nothing going forward, was caught out of position far too often

Campbell - 3. Turns with all the speed and dexterity of the Ark Royal

Lescott - 4. The largest forehead in football

Bridge - 1. Would have been a nil had his attempted "tackle" gone into his own goal, as opposed to clipping the crossbar

Wright-Phillips - 2. One nice cross to Crouch, failed to track his man on the second Croatia goal. Looked like he was cold, wet and miserable

Barry - 5. Somewhat unlucky to be subbed. Has absolutely no right foot

Gerrard - 4. One of the few who appeared to realise England were 2-0 down after 20 mins, gave them their only energy in the first half. Shockingly awful after the break

Lampard - 5. Scored and did cross the ball that led to the England "penalty". Largely invisible for long stretches

Cole - 6. Only player who looked capable of beating a man. Seemed relieved to be subbed

Crouch - 7. Worked hard all night, challenged for every ball hit his way, took his goal well. Shame so many of his knock-downs went to Croatians.

subs

Beckham - 6. Typical Beckham performance. Did very little except for making one of the goals

Defoe - 3. Ran around a lot but contributed very little

Bent - 4. You need to hit the target when it's only the keeper to beat

McClaren - 2. What a shock, he got the team selection, formation and tactics wrong. Again. The night was best summed up when at half time, sub keeper David James was taking shots from 30 yards while Ashley Young took an over five minute turn in goal. Yup, Macca sure had control of that locker room.

I've heard Steve McClaren is appearing in Cinderella this christmas as a pumpkin...he's hoping to turn into a coach at midnight!

Badum tish

Harry Redknapp won't be getting the England manager's job. He's been arrested.

pompeyeg0.th.jpg

One more reason to annex Pompey to France.

pompeyeg0.th.jpg

Sorry, wouldn't let me post it as an image.

At least with England not qualifying for Euro 2008 the other home nations won't be receiving any more letters like this :birthday2: .

I seem to remember some discussion pre-season about Oldham storming to promotion from League 1. The current league table shows 23 teams above them. They could - I suppose - be trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security.

Everton draw Oldham at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup... surely we can win this one...

I seem to remember some discussion pre-season about Oldham storming to promotion from League 1. The current league table shows 23 teams above them. They could - I suppose - be trying to lull everyone into a false sense of security.

Everton draw Oldham at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup... surely we can win this one...

I have a feeling Everton might do something in one of the cups this year and they're in three (FA, League, UEFA).

At least get to the final...

My apologies, since there was some discussion about League One in the last week I really should have updated the league table. This is as it stood at close of business tonight. Re Oldham, the good news is that Gillingham appear to be on the brink of joining Luton in the 'oh sh*t we've overspent beyond safety' club, depending on which stats you believe they're 12.5 to almost 14 million in debt. 10 points gone soon methinks. Oh aye, that league table, after our thumping 3-0 win tonight:

Team P Pts Goals

Diff Goal

Scored Current

Score

Swansea 18 34 14 30 3-0 FT v Northampton

Carlisle 17 32 15 28 3-0 FT v Swindon

Leyton Orient 18 31 -1 26 0-1 FT v Millwall

Nottm Forest 17 30 17 27 0-1 FT v Walsall

* Leeds 18 29 21 34 3-0 FT v Port Vale

Doncaster 18 27 6 25 0-0 FT v Brighton

Here's an interesting one (at least for me). Mustafa Mansour, ancient Egyptian footy player who received a writeup on BBC sport in 2002. Was considering him for a long-shot for DDP 2008, but the second link on his page looks suspiciously like an obit; it's impossible to tell since the link is dead. Anyhow, if nothing else, the first link is fairly interesting if you've got a few minutes to spare.

Here's an interesting one (at least for me). Mustafa Mansour, ancient Egyptian footy player who received a writeup on BBC sport in 2002. Was considering him for a long-shot for DDP 2008, but the second link on his page looks suspiciously like an obit; it's impossible to tell since the link is dead. Anyhow, if nothing else, the first link is fairly interesting if you've got a few minutes to spare.

He died in 2002, CP. He was the last surviving Egyptian from that 1934 squad, and I remember his death well.

Here's the proof. More shocking lack of research by Wikipedians.

So, don't put him on unless you want to join the ever increasing list of already dead celebrities submitted for the 2008 DDP. ;)

I don't normally wish death on anyone, only guess...

I'll make an exception with Alex Ferguson..

I sincerely hope he dies of cancer.... ;)

I see no reason in changing my mind on this one... ;)

He died in 2002, CP. He was the last surviving Egyptian from that 1934 squad, and I remember his death well.

Here's the proof. More shocking lack of research by Wikipedians.

So, don't put him on unless you want to join the ever increasing list of already dead celebrities submitted for the 2008 DDP. ;)

;) Wow, thank goodness I decided to bring it up here first!

There was only one other pick that I was worried about already being deceased but someone posted a story about someone else in another thread, and it happened to mention that my pick was still alive, which prevented me from having to name them as well. ;)

Out of curiosity, and maybe you can reply in the DDP 2008 thread instead, since it's off topic but, without giving names of course, are these obscure celebs that happen to be dead or more "very obviously dead" celebs like in 2007?

I see no reason in changing my mind on this one... ;)

Hmm.. I forgot to taunt you about last week's result, TMIB. ;) Thanks for reminding me! ;)Reading 3-1 Liverpool

Oh what fun it is to ride Stevie Coppell's sleigh - Hey! ;)

Leeds drew at Walsall this weekend. Only a few years ago, it was role reversal.....

Oh, well done Carlisle - a good win at the weekend. Looking good so far...

Guest Reading Material

well done Reading. Everyone love beating Liverpool. x.

What was that about the beautiful game? At least Ronaldo is in the clear.

Fixture list showing CUFC (2nd) at home to Swansea (1st) - Check

Tickets - Check

Weather forecast pretty good - Check

Website confirming game is still on - f**k!

Motherwell skipper Phil O'Donnell has died after collapsing during a game.

OK a couple of things about this game, O'Donnell's Nephew, who also plays for Motherwell had to be substitued after he saw his uncle collapse, think he could tell something was up. To be honest i would have stayed on and tried to get my hat-trick (he had already scored 2 goals)

Also, the motherwell Manager made a substitution minutes before 35 year old O'Donnell collapsed, taking off another player - do you think he'll get to sleep tonight wondering if brought O'Donnell off instead he would have not died??

Motherwell skipper Phil O'Donnell has died after collapsing during a game.

Very sad news indeed, I saw him play on more than a few occasions with Celtic. RIP Phil :sicktherm: .

Looking around Youtube for Phil O'Donnell tributes I came across this. It beats anything I have seen on stage.

Reet, the engine in the Marywheels is ticking over, whilst the rest of the country hopes for giant killing in the cup the Giants of Carlisle are fixing to kill bottom of the table Port Vale this afternoon, nothing can go wrong, can it?

Be seeing yers!