We're doomed I tell you, doomed.

Hey ho, bring on the Chester-Wrexham Conference derby. :unsure:

harry_mcnally_200px.jpg

I've nothing against Chester (apart from Paul Baker), but thanks to today's result, it looks like we've avoided the Bournemouth-Weymouth derby next year. It doesn't look good - your goal difference is so poor that you need to win both remaining games. We'll take Grimsby down next week, so here's hoping you beat Aldershot to set up a dramatic final day.

One for the anoraks web page detailing the 923 managerial changes in the football league since Manchester United appointed Sir Alex. Gave it a cursory glance and I think Carlisle United actually top the others, having gone through 18 changes. Having said that, the accuracy isn't all it could be. The web page notes we had 'Michael Kensington' which should be Michael Knighton. It also notes that Roddy Collins replaced himself earlier this century. Not exactly true, he was sacked, replaced by Knighton and a couple of the coaches, and then immediately reinstated when Knighton was ousted as chairman.

You know I hate to be a postwhore, but Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal was quite a good match tonight. :)

It was a cracking game, but a little harsh for the heart. At least Liverpool can take heart in playing in some great matches this season, unlike some

overrated sides I could mention... :crossbone:

Bloody hell, despite not winning for 7,843 matches (or it seemed like it :crossbone: ), Reading are in the play-offs for certain.

I'm now undecided whether I want us to go up as we are complete pants, or stay down for a better crack at it - I think, on balance, going back up, even for a year, might be the best thing....

In other news, Carlisle United are in the relegation zone... will they survive or will MPFC have to check the route map to Aldershot & the mighty Exeter (if they don't go up themselves, that is)??

Meanwhile Carlisle - without playing last night - dropped into the relegation zone of League One, we're one of three teams on the same points and our run in is - arguably - the most difficult, away at Cheltenham (also fighting for survival) followed by home to play-off placed Millwall. I may spend a lot of time going to the toilet next season, you know: Accrington, Barnet, Aldershot, Dagenham....

One for the anoraks web page detailing the 923 managerial changes in the football league since Manchester United appointed Sir Alex. Gave it a cursory glance and I think Carlisle United actually top the others, having gone through 18 changes. Having said that, the accuracy isn't all it could be. The web page notes we had 'Michael Kensington' which should be Michael Knighton. It also notes that Roddy Collins replaced himself earlier this century. Not exactly true, he was sacked, replaced by Knighton and a couple of the coaches, and then immediately reinstated when Knighton was ousted as chairman.

Southampton can't even win that ffs. We came third with a measely 15 managers. If you do manage to hang in there Mary, please enjoy your visit to your namesake stadium next year. And yes he's still a CNUT.

Southampton can't even win that ffs. We came third with a measely 15 managers. If you do manage to hang in there Mary, please enjoy your visit to your namesake stadium next year. And yes he's still a CNUT.

Even more of a cnut now that Southampton are effectively down after that 10 point penalty...

Oh yes. Steve Fletcher's 100th goal for AFC Bournemouth keeps us in the football league for an 87th consecutive season. You probably haven't heard of him, but the man is a legend on the south coast. However many goals Ted MacDougall, Phil Boyer or Colin Clarke may have scored, Fletch's goal today outweighs them all. I feel sorry for Luton, though and the crippling 30 point penalty they faced. Grimsby and Chester are palpably the worst teams in the football league and both of them deserve relegation - nothing spiteful, just an appreciation of their performances. I'm not much given to hyperbole, but Eddie Howe, the youngest manager in the professional game, may just be the man to watch. I'm so happy right now, I don't care who's died!

Twelvetrees, I watched our nine men trudge off the pitch at Cheltenham yesterday and convinced myself that I'll be partaking of your impressive car parking facilities and giving your good self a cheery wave accross the pitch next season.

3-1 to us on our last visit wasn't it?

Bloody hell, despite not winning for 7,843 matches (or it seemed like it :blink: ), Reading are in the play-offs for certain.

I'm now undecided whether I want us to go up as we are complete pants, or stay down for a better crack at it - I think, on balance, going back up, even for a year, might be the best thing....

In other news, Carlisle United are in the relegation zone... will they survive or will MPFC have to check the route map to Aldershot & the mighty Exeter (if they don't go up themselves, that is)??

Well a win against Birmingham (and Sheff Utd failing to beat Palace) and Reading will be back in the big time, just as they were going off the boil too...

Sadly though, looks like my University team Norwich City are going the other way... :rolleyes:

Guest Tommy
I'm not, joking 'ere, but Joe Kinnear has been taken to hospital before a match.

Probably nothing but he never looks very well, unless of course, he's standing next to Harry Rednap. Then he appears quite peachy.

Its not the first time that Kinnear has been taken ill, dodgy ticker and all that.

Dave, how could you dis our Lord and Master Redknapp? :sicktherm:

Joe Kinnear has indeed has severe heart trouble - in fact, he's getting better now after a triple bypass operation. I shouldn't think he'll be back at Newcastle, though.

Guest David
I'm not, joking 'ere, but Joe Kinnear has been taken to hospital before a match.

Probably nothing but he never looks very well, unless of course, he's standing next to Harry Rednap. Then he appears quite peachy.

Its not the first time that Kinnear has been taken ill, dodgy ticker and all that.

Dave, how could you dis our Lord and Master Redknapp? :sicktherm:

Joe Kinnear has indeed has severe heart trouble - in fact, he's getting better now after a triple bypass operation. I shouldn't think he'll be back at Newcastle, though.

Hi, folks! It's David. Sorry to be offline for a while - complete failure of the computer. I've just shelled out a hefty amount on a new comp and my new motorbike - so I'm having to get lots of overtime at work. Ron Atkinson suffered blood poisoning a while back - a good DL bet I would've thought. Don't know how he is now - but still a pretty decent bet.

P W D L Pts GD

19. Hartlepool 46 13 11 22 50 -13

20. Carlisle United 46 12 14 20 50 -13

21. Northampton Town 46 12 13 21 49 -4

That'll do.

Now bring on Charlton, Southampton, Norwich (probably), at least one of Leeds and Millwall......oh yeah, and Exeter City.

A close for Carlisle then...

Good Luck to OoO's favourites Reading in this afternoon's Championship climax...

P W D L Pts GD

That'll do.

Now bring on Charlton, Southampton, Norwich (probably), at least one of Leeds and Millwall......oh yeah, and Exeter City.

Did I ever mention my plan to Annex Southampton and Rucunt Lowe to Greenland? Still bitter about the f*****g jolly hockey sticks arse bandit who has single handedly ruined our club.

CUFC v Saints is not a guaranteed fixture, we still don't have a buyer and there are only so many charity matches and fan whip rounds they can do to pay the wages.

Aye, good luck indeed.

Re close for Carlisle, the last time we had an easy canter to the end of the season was 20 years ago. There's been a nail-biter of sorts every year since, although we did have something of a let off in 1992, because the league was down to 91 teams so nobody got relegated. Still wound us up to lose on the last day and finish 91st, mind.

That was close - we could have done without that trip to Carlisle next season. However, today's majestic 4-0 win at Morecambe suggests we can travel. I've a feeling that we can do something next season. Roll on the South Coast derby for 2010-11; I don't want Southampton to go out of business - I'd have nothing to cheer when they lose!

P W D L Pts GD

That'll do.

Looking forward it MPFC :):):) . I travelled to the theatre of dreams yesterday (the Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield) to see Exeter secure a second consecutive promotion. If we can only keep Sir Paul Tisdale at the helm, I look forward to the delights of Millwall and Leeds next season. I would type more, but I have a terrible hangover.

I look forward to you playing Leeds next season. It would be fair to say many CUFC fans have mixed feelings about survival dreading both a stuttering season and many lengthy trips. Leeds - on the other hand - isn't that far away and the 2-0 win this season as we sang 'Champions League and you f**ked it up,' was a great day out.

Tonight, I am the proverbial dog with two dicks.

The scum lost........badly.

I think im gonna buy a ticket for that Euro millions, Im on a roll :unsure:

I think im gonna buy a ticket for that Euro millions, Im on a roll :unsure:

I think you're mistaken. The scum won, didn't they?

Commiserations Harry Mac. It's not a nice feeling seeing your team drop out of the trap door.

On the positive side, at least we'll both get the chance for a decent local derby next season.

I think im gonna buy a ticket for that Euro millions, Im on a roll :(

I think you're mistaken. The scum won, didn't they?

No, No, No!!!

There is only one scum, super scum infact.

Lets put it this way, If Ars..Arsen... ( no i cant bring myself to say it ) were up against the Gary Glitter Paedo Allstars, Id be cheering old Gary on.

Its that bad :unsure: