Joe Kinnear takes the fight to the journalists...

"You're a C**t"

His blood pressure must be sky high! Think I'll have him as my joker for 2009 (if he lasts that long!)

I was at Wembley for the home game against Kazakhstan and it was interesting to read the England players' comments on the treatment of Ashley Cole (after he arrogantly kicked the ball into a danger area and gave an easy goal to the visitors).

Either those braniacs (Ferdinand and Lampard) are as stupid as they portray themselves - or had been briefed by the FA - but the booing of Cole was utterly justified...in the first half everthing developed on the left side (ie via Cole) and he ballooned every cross. :D

In addition, the pre-mentioned puppets mentioned that some of the crowd applauded Cole. They just don't get it. It was an IRONIC applause when he managed to pass the ball to a team mate. Those same buffoons referred to this as "support from the fans".

It was going to be a frustrating match as the opponents were always going to sit behind the ball. However, Barry and Lampard (and Cole, obviously) were awful in the first half. The changes in the second half made the telling difference.

On a side topic, I used to captain a pool team in London and one of the players was Ashley Cole's dad. He had renounced him....as a West Indian guy, there are certain things you cannot accept your boy doing. I suppose it'll be in his "Kiss and Tell" book when his football career ends.....so it should be in the bookshelves soon.

Hang on.....has this turned into some form of rant....? It didn't start out like this.

I was at Wembley for the home game against Kazakhstan and it was interesting to read the England players' comments on the treatment of Ashley Cole (after he arrogantly kicked the ball into a danger area and gave an easy goal to the visitors).

Either those braniacs (Ferdinand and Lampard) are as stupid as they portray themselves - or had been briefed by the FA - but the booing of Cole was utterly justified...in the first half everthing developed on the left side (ie via Cole) and he ballooned every cross. :D

In addition, the pre-mentioned puppets mentioned that some of the crowd applauded Cole. They just don't get it. It was an IRONIC applause when he managed to pass the ball to a team mate. Those same buffoons referred to this as "support from the fans".

It was going to be a frustrating match as the opponents were always going to sit behind the ball. However, Barry and Lampard (and Cole, obviously) were awful in the first half. The changes in the second half made the telling difference.

On a side topic, I used to captain a pool team in London and one of the players was Ashley Cole's dad. He had renounced him....as a West Indian guy, there are certain things you cannot accept your boy doing. I suppose it'll be in his "Kiss and Tell" book when his football career ends.....so it should be in the bookshelves soon.

Hang on.....has this turned into some form of rant....? It didn't start out like this.

Yes, and those rumours wont go away... :P

Ashley Cole is the classic case of someone believing their own publicity.

King Kev fixing to sue NUFC for £9m.

Be cheaper to have him back, obviously.

Sky Sports News is reporting the death of former Luton chairman, Tory MP and Thatcher pal David Evans, but I can't find a link yet. Not a man who endeared himself to many football fans' or liberals' hearts, the ID-cards-and-plastic-pitch-loving, hanging's-too-good-for-'em arsehole. A man who reeked of the 1980s.

Sky Sports News is reporting the death of former Luton chairman, Tory MP and Thatcher pal David Evans, but I can't find a link yet. Not a man who endeared himself to many football fans' or liberals' hearts, the ID-cards-and-plastic-pitch-loving, hanging's-too-good-for-'em arsehole. A man who reeked of the 1980s.

On the Daily Telegraph's blog, so expect a full obit soon.

As I lived in Dunstable (by Luton for those who don't know) during the David Evans era, well.. he was certainly controversial. But his passion, even if misplaced, was undeniable.

Also father of former racing driver, Gary, so my thoughts are with him.

David Evans was not my favourite chap, but he was a big name in my growing up & football stage, so for that alone, I am sorry to see him go.

On the Daily Telegraph's blog, so expect a full obit soon.

As I lived in Dunstable (by Luton for those who don't know) during the David Evans era, well.. he was certainly controversial. But his passion, even if misplaced, was undeniable.

Also father of former racing driver, Gary, so my thoughts are with him.

David Evans was not my favourite chap, but he was a big name in my growing up & football stage, so for that alone, I am sorry to see him go.

Can't say I share those sentiments...

Times Obit

Have I been knocked out for a week or something?

How did this happen so quickly?

There was an extra hour this morning, looks like both made full use of it! :)

Although I would imagine the decision to sack Ramos & Co. was taken some while ago & Spurs have just been scooting around until all was signed, sealed & delivered.

Have I been knocked out for a week or something?

How did this happen so quickly?

There was an extra hour this morning, looks like both made full use of it! :)

Although I would imagine the decision to sack Ramos & Co. was taken some while ago & Spurs have just been scooting around until all was signed, sealed & delivered.

This is no guarantee of survival for Spurs, Redknapp didn't save Southampton from the drop...

I wonder what Pompey fans are making of all this?

Finally! There's REAL football in London today! :)

There was, and most enjoyable too. Beers were a bit pricey but the rain stayed away and the Saints saw off the Chargers 37-32. Memories of last year's semi-fiasco have been expunged.

There was, and most enjoyable too. Beers were a bit pricey but the rain stayed away and the Saints saw off the Chargers 37-32. Memories of last year's semi-fiasco have been expunged.

Sorry, I thought you were both referring to Liverpool's majestic swathe through some West London footie team this afternoon. :)

Sorry, I thought you were both referring to Liverpool's majestic swathe through some West London footie team this afternoon. :)

That was equally enjoyable, a good day all round on the sporting front. That sulky little tennis boy Mandy Murray also won, I see. His mummy will be bursting with pride.

Finally! There's REAL football in London today! :P

Yes. Hmmm... :)

Onwards and upwards though - Pompey next!

Score a cracking 30 yard free kick. Don a rather fetching pirate hat. Get booked.

(warning, contains scenes of a lower-league nature.)

Pirate outfits seem to be all the rage these days. There were fans at Wembley for the American football wearing them, and I am most ashamed to confess having been to the Tiger Tiger bars in Cardiff and London the past few weeks, I saw people in pirate costumes at both.

Pirate outfits seem to be all the rage these days. There were fans at Wembley for the American football wearing them, and I am most ashamed to confess having been to the Tiger Tiger bars in Cardiff and London the past few weeks, I saw people in pirate costumes at both.

Good to see people starting to take this global warming thing seriously and actually do something to address it. piratesarecool4.gif

I know they're only a small club themselves these days, but it's still nice to see Leeds get dumped out of the FA Cup by non-leaguers.

Nice?

It was utterly hilarious. Surely the funniest cup upset of all-time. The "oh-so-mighty-we-are-the-best" Leeds can't even beat a (albeit excellent) village team. :rolleyes:

The look on the faces of the Leeds fans after the final whistle has made my year. Probably the same fans who were either 1) beating people up year after year or 2) mocking Reading for being a "village team" 3 seasons ago.

Happy days! :banghead:

For any weirdos out there who may give a flying monkleys one about Chester City and Liverpool FC, Batchelor is in the soup over renaming lower-league nobodies

Vaughan said: “Under no circumstances will I be selling Chester City to John Batchelor.

“I have more chance of taking over at Liverpool than he has of taking over here."

I couldn't help noticing the absence of Bobby Robson from the BBC Sports Personality awards last night. He can't be too good, not that his death would affect the outcome of the DDP. It would take two or three big surprises for that to happen.

I thought the evening was really poor - too many arsey graphics and fancy camera angles flitting around. Where was the comprehensive round-up of sporting achievement they once had? OK, they might not have wanted to fork out for other TV stations' clips but they had all the Olympics to go at. They couldn't even show all of Usain Bolt's 100 metres and that took less than 10 seconds.

Instead they pratted around getting Ben Ainslie to fall in the water in his suit and Rebecca Adlington to fanny around in water wearing a spangly dress. They should have told the producers to f**k off. What a crap reflection of a great year for British sporting achievement.