I'm shocked and appalled by the disgraceful behaviour of Steven Gerrard. Requesting a Phil Collins record...

Hello, I must be going to jail?

I'm shocked and appalled by the disgraceful behaviour of Steven Gerrard. Requesting a Phil Collins record...

At least is wasn't psychotic enough to get him sectioned, so no white jacket required...

At least is wasn't psychotic enough to get him sectioned, so no white jacket required...

These footballers, always the same, it's just a shame, that's all...

I'm not sure its "these footballers"...its more a case of "these Liverpudlians" .....all a bunch of hooligans if you ask me :)

I'm not sure its "these footballers"...its more a case of "these Liverpudlians" .....all a bunch of hooligans if you ask me :)

I notice you're from Sheffield, now that is a black irony, considering what happened in 1989... :)

I notice you're from Sheffield, now that is a black irony, considering what happened in 1989... :)

now thats a little below the belt ;) ......I may currently live in Sheffield , but I am a Cockney through and through....and hence feel smug to be so perfect !

now thats a little below the belt ;) ......I may currently live in Sheffield , but I am a Cockney through and through....and hence feel smug to be so perfect !

I take it back grobler and admire your fortitude of being a 'soft southerner' oop noorth! ;)

I take it back grobler and admire your fortitude of being a 'soft southerner' oop noorth! :)

No offence taken of course.....

you've reminded me of a very sad day...I bet we can all remember what we were doing that afternoon(15/4/89) .

I was at Elland Road (long story...dont ask...) . There was an announcement at half time that there had been an "incident"...it was only at about 5:00 whilst listening to the car radio did the full horror dawn....

Anyway.....this isn't the place for morbid thoughts eh ?

Surely, the DL is THE place for morbid thoughts???? :skill2:

If they can lock Robbie Keane up instead of Gerrard and throw away the key, I'll be happy.

Surely, the DL is THE place for morbid thoughts???? :skill2:

If they can lock Robbie Keane up instead of Gerrard and throw away the key, I'll be happy.

What have you got against him?

Oh never mind...

Well done to the aptly named David Pratt, who plays for Chippenham Town in the British Gas Business Southern League. He managed to get himself sent off after three seconds for violent play at the weekend, setting a new record in the process.

In 2000 the English amateur player Lee Todd was sent off after just 2 seconds, having remarked "F*ck me, that was loud" in response to the referee's whistle at the start of the game. Todd was sent off for using foul and abusive language, but did not make the record books, as the incident occurred in an amateur match.

Well done to the aptly named David Pratt, who plays for Chippenham Town in the British Gas Business Southern League. He managed to get himself sent off after three seconds for violent play at the weekend, setting a new record in the process.

In 2000 the English amateur player Lee Todd was sent off after just 2 seconds, having remarked "F*ck me, that was loud" in response to the referee's whistle at the start of the game. Todd was sent off for using foul and abusive language, but did not make the record books, as the incident occurred in an amateur match.

And of course the British Gas Business Southern League is the acme of professionalism... :skill2:

mtwebk.jpg

Foggy, with a hard bit in the middle making it hard to take a stud.

Ref's description of Brunton Park today, then again those words could sum up a lass or two I knew before becoming acquainted with Mrs MPFC.

I'd like to be able to say that the star of this excellent football video is me, but unfortunately I'm lacking both the chutzpah, and, more crucially the skill.

That looked a serious crash to me and Man United have been rather quick to play it down...

It was CUFC 0 vs MK Dons 2

MPFC swigging Bovril and decidedly unhappy.

Then it was

CUFC 3 vs MK Dons 2

Classic second half, fight fight fight all the way and some killing moves to get the goals.

Andy Brownrigg, abused by his own supporters at Buxton. He may be one of the worst professional footaballers of recent years. Clocking up around 40 'senior' games in a career that consisted mainly of lengthy runs in the reserves followed by the willingness of his employers to sell him. He once commanded a six figure fee, not that such an achievement appears to have impressed the home support at Buxton. If anyone lives near Staveley Miners Welfare and feels like checking him out, he may still be getting the odd game for them.

Day off today so I tuned into The Big Match Revisited on ITV4.

Corking stuff!

It was week ending the 29/1/1979, pitches were covered in snow, orange footballs, stupidly short shorts, leg breaking tackles ( no bookings) no dissent and proper commentators such as the legends Brian Moore and Hugh Johns.

I had the pleasure of seeing Ralph Coates running down the flanks, his combover like a sleek aerofoil keeping him firmly on the ground, Paul Mariner with his bouffant and Mick Mills (who was obviously Ron Greenwoods love child as he was integral in giving an average player such a long England career) being, er, Mick Mills.

If you happen to have a day off, are a student or a lazy f****r, try and catch The Big Match Revisited.

See how things have moved on.

Day off today so I tuned into The Big Match Revisited on ITV4.

Corking stuff!

It was week ending the 29/1/1979, pitches were covered in snow, orange footballs, stupidly short shorts, leg breaking tackles ( no bookings) no dissent and proper commentators such as the legends Brian Moore and Hugh Johns.

I had the pleasure of seeing Ralph Coates running down the flanks, his combover like a sleek aerofoil keeping him firmly on the ground, Paul Mariner with his bouffant and Mick Mills (who was obviously Ron Greenwoods love child as he was integral in giving an average player such a long England career) being, er, Mick Mills.

If you happen to have a day off, are a student or a lazy f****r, try and catch The Big Match Revisited.

See how things have moved on.

What's also good about it, is that although those with even a smattering of knowledge on 70s football

would know who won what that season (Liverpool the League, Arsenal the Cup etc)

they wouldn't know about the results of these individual matches. It's like watching them for the first time,

which in my case, it is!