Guest D.Daugh

Spurs also linked with the boro target bosingwa, i wonder what they want with another right back considering they have 2 already?

Edited by Magere Hein
Post moved -- MH

Impossible to believe, but we've sunk to a new low - our 'revolting' fans' protest saw the game against the mighty Eastbourne Borough abandoned after 75 minutes...

... while we were leading !

So we'll probably get docked another 4,500 points and be kicked down another three leagues. None of which will matter if we don't pay the Welsh enemy the five billion pounds we allegedly owe them within the next 24 hours.

I blame myself - the moment I chose my ill-starred moniker in April 2007 it's been downhill faster than Franz Klammer on amphetamines.

Ah well, it's only a funny old game.

I was less than delighted with our 1-1 draw against Non League opposition yesterday.

Still the replay will generate some more ticket revenues.

Is anyone on this forum going to the match against M.K. Dons on Tuesday.

(Coz I am...)

Farsley Celtic's Polish goalkeeper

didn't have the best of weekends....

Obviously, you can enjoy the highlights of Carlisle United's latest win but this footage is worth a couple of minutes for two moments of comedy gold. A disaster for our gloriously inept cheerleaders Nixon's Vixens at the start, and full-on goalkeeping bad luck as Matty Robson lobs in our third goal.

And speaking of football, it's a slow day at work and we've started a debate about whether you could compile a team of top UK international talent that all started in the non-league end.

Line up so far

GK - Alex Stepney

DF - Stuart Pearce

DF - Vinnie Jones

DF - David Sadler

DF - Steve Finnan

MF - Chris Waddle

FW - Les Ferdinand

FW - Ian Wright

Subs

GK - Jim Leighton

MF - Peter Taylor (player manager)

FW - Alan Smith (the former Arsenal striker, not the Leeds/Man U psycho)

FW - Kevin Phillips

FW - Stan Collymore

And we agreed on a 100% vote to ignore Gary Birtles

Jimmy Case was at South Liverpool before he joined the Reds..

And speaking of football, it's a slow day at work and we've started a debate about whether you could compile a team of top UK international talent that all started in the non-league end.

Line up so far

GK - Alex Stepney

DF - Stuart Pearce

DF - Vinnie Jones

DF - David Sadler

DF - Steve Finnan

MF - Chris Waddle

FW - Les Ferdinand

FW - Ian Wright

Subs

GK - Jim Leighton

FW - Kevin Phillips

FW - Stan Collymore

And we agreed on a 100% vote to ignore Gary Birtles

I've thought of a few,

Steve Guppy -Started out at Wycombe Wanders when they were non-league, played for England

Barry Hayles - Began at Stevenage, later capped by Jamaica

Paul Furlong - Played for Enfield, before gracing the Premiership with Coventry and Chelsea, not sure if he was ever capped?

Michael Kightly - Now a winger for Wolves in the Premiership, he got there the hard way playing non league football for Basildon, Southend, Farnborough and Grays Athletic before finally hitting the big time. Has played for England under 21s.

Dwayne Lee managed to get capped by Grenada when he was playing for non-league Exeter City (God knows how - he was really dreadful)

Line up so far

GK - Alex Stepney

DF - Stuart Pearce

DF - Vinnie Jones

DF - David Sadler

DF - Steve Finnan

MF - Chris Waddle

MF - Jimmy Case

MF - Steve Guppy

FW - Paul Mariner

FW - Ian Wright

Subs

GK - Jim Leighton

FW - Kevin Phillips

FW - Stan Collymore

FW - Les Ferdinand

If you could snag this lot in their prime I wonder where they'd finish in the Premiership? I think we need one commanding midfielder to make them really play, any ideas.

King's Lynn FC are no more.

A great shame - as Grandad lived (and still lives) in or near Lynn, we as a family always followed their results. (But actually supported "bitter" rivals Wisbech Town, for whom my great-uncle played for). That coupled with Norwich being pants right now mean it's quite gloomy for football in Norfolk :)

A curse on Sinan Bolat. It's nice for him to be the first goalkeeper to score in the Champions League from open play, but why did it have to be the equalizer in stoppage time against AZ Alkmaar?

regards,

Hein (not an AZ supporter, but hey, they're Dutch)

A curse on Sinan Bolat. It's nice for him to be the first goalkeeper to score in the Champions League from open play, but why did it have to be the equalizer in stoppage time against AZ Alkmaar?

regards,

Hein (not an AZ supporter, but hey, they're Dutch)

Ah that clarifies a few fervent conversations today that I chose to tune out. Standard aren't a patch on Southampton now so why should I care? :)

Anyway some even better news, let's hope that the old adage no smoke without fire holds true.

Bastard! Here was me thinking there'd been a widescale terrorist attack at Fratton park and owing to financial worries they hadn't been able to renew their insurance policy. Grrr.

Liverpool 1 - The mighty, super Reading FC 2!!!

Fucking fantastic result that, well done lads!

Sorry TMIB. But this might get Benitez out, which might be a good thing....

Liverpool 1 - The mighty, super Reading FC 2!!!

Fucking fantastic result that, well done lads!

Sorry TMIB. But this might get Benitez out, which might be a good thing....

...or might not. Well done, you deserved it.

Phil Dowd is still a cunt, however...

Anyone know how to cancel an ebay bid? I made an offer for a Mickey Mouse outfit & now I'm 6 mins away from owning Liverpool FC

Anyone know how to cancel an ebay bid? I made an offer for a Mickey Mouse outfit & now I'm 6 mins away from owning Liverpool FC

I'll see you in League 2...:rolleyes:

The following rant started life on a QPR message board but I've seen it copied twice this week and it's - apparently - doing the rounds on many other boards. Enjoy!

"I take more pleasure in seeing Chelsea lose than I do in seeing QPR win at the moment.

I sat through so many matches when we were absolute dogs**t under the likes of Ray Harford and with people like Paul Bruce, Matthew Brazier and Mark Perry in the squad and I never felt like this.

The club isn't ours anymore but moreso than that - football is just properly gash these days.

I mean really gash.

football generally.

I hate nearly everything about it these days....

I hate the Prem and the myth that it is exciting this year. Man City breaking into the top four isn't exciting. They spent loads of money. It's no more exciting that Nameless C*** getting to number 1 in the charts after winning the X-Factor.

I hate the myth of Arsene's kids. Buying some French kid when he's 17, playing him in the League Cup and then selling him when he's 20 after about 3 appearances in the league is NOTHING SPECIAL.

I hate hearing about Liverpool/Man Utd's debt but nothing ever happening about it. A club needs to go to the wall for the money thing to change but it doesn't happen. Why the **** are Charlton, Leeds and Southampton still in business?

I hate Frank Lampard's stupid f'ing face. I hate that Joe Cole's tongue is never in his mouth, the downsy spacker. I hate John Terry being England captain when he's CLEARLY AN OAF.

I hate the England team.

I hate young exciting wingers who have nothing but pace. Tony Scully had nothing but pace.

I hate the FA Cup. There may be little shocks like last night but for the most part you know who's going to win it. Unless a team throws away all their financial security to win it a la Pompey.

I hate Harry f'ing Redknapp. And Jamie Redknapp. And Louise Redknapp. And the Wii.

I hate James Nesbitt, Eammon Holmes and f***ing everyone.

I hate Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer.

I hate Garth Crooks.

I hate Garth Brooks for that matter.

I hate Sky Sports.

I hate that when a lower league player beats 10 players and chips the keeper it doesn't matter but if Rooney scores from more than 20 yards it's amazing.

I hate that everything football related has to have 'Club Foot' playing behind it.

I hate that female sports journos are now mandatory.

I hate Mark Lawrensen for not coming out. 'I do like a big man at the back'. I bet you do.

I hate any advert that portrays football to be about anything other than pain and disappointment.

I hate any advert that mentions pies at football.

I hate Lee Hughes and the fact that he makes a living from the game. I hate Marlon King and any team that signs him when he gets out. I hate that it'll probably be us.

I hate Phil Brown.

I hate 'well the ball is a lot lighter now and will cause goalkeepers real problems this summer' before EVERY F'ING TOURNAMENT.

I hate that Kieron Dyer earned more in the time I took to write this post than I'll earn this month.

I hate Adrian Durham, Ian Wright and Alan Brazil.

I hate Gazza. Either die or shut up. Stop f'ing lingering.

I hate hearing about Hillsborough more than I hear about Heysel or Bradford.

I hate that a comeback from 4-0 down at half time (TWICE) means nothing because we aren't f'ing scouse.

I hate Leeds.

I hate Roy Keane.

I hate grown men wearing football shirts of their team whilst shopping on a saturday when their team is playing at home.

I hate that I don't hate Roy Hodgson.

I hate Jermaine Beckford and any player who has neck tattoos.

I hate songs being inappropriately taken as club anthems and then sung in a manly way. 'I'm forever blowing bubbles....'. Gaylords.

I hate Danny Dyer and anyone he's ever interviewed.

I hate the book 'Cass' by Cass Pennant. It is honestly the stupidest thing I've ever read. Chapter 1: Millwall. 'Yeah we took 50 to Millwall. They had 1000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Chapter 2: Liverpool. 'Yeah we took 50 to Liverpool. They had 2000 in their mob but we ran 'em up and down the street'. Fk me... Jade Goody's autobiography is probably better. Even her non-ghost written one.

I hate that all good youngsters end their careers at Spurs before they start."

........and just because Peter Crouch has actually scored a goal does NOT mean that he is no longer a fucking useless pile of shit. :dead3:

........and just because Peter Crouch has actually scored a goal does NOT mean that he is no longer a fucking useless pile of shit. :dead3:

Yeah, but I bet Michael Dawson feels like one though!

Yeah, but I bet Michael Dawson feels like one though!

Yeah, another cockspanner. He doesnt understansd the "stay on your feet" bit. Because he piled in, not 5mins before, a did a beauty, he thought that he was some sort of super hero.

w***er.

PS: If Crouch really is a better player than Pavlyunchenko, I will eat my own faeces on brown bread.....

Southampton V Portsmouth in the FA Cup.

I get the feeling that one of our members is foaming at the mouth at the thought of hoards of the great unwashed entering her fair City.... :angry2:

I usually only watch England matches, just to pretend that I have an ounce of patriotism in my body, and so that I can go to the pub and get blisteringly mullered and shout, but through unlucky circumstance I am now being forced to watch much more football than is necessary in a girl's life, notably Manchester City. It has brought to my attention what a bunch of girly twats most footballers are. They have stupid hair, they cry if the ref tells them off, and they push each other over like schoolgirls having a spat in the playground. And the ones left over either have unnecessary facial hair, or made up names like Mr Arse Shaving and Mr Snodgrass.

Up the Bummers, or whatever they're called :angry2: