Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley...we're the famous Carlisle United and we're going to Wem-ber-ley...though sadly we won't be able to give DDT a cheery pre-kick-off wave.

Alas no. I was there on Monday and we didn't deserve anything from the match. The word is that Carlisle banked about £300K when they were last seasons beaten finalists at Wembley, that's the sort of money that Exeter can ill afford to lose out on. Equally annoying was that a weakened team lost 4-1 to Huddersfield on Saturday, which included the venerable partnership of Rob Edwards and Marcus Stewart in midfield. Two great players, both sadly lacking in anything resembling pace these days.

Meanwhile, spare a thought for Ebbsfleet's goalkeeper Preston Edwards,

:birthday2:

...a red card inside 13 seconds. TBH I think the goalie carded is the only one doing his job properly, does the striker dive the second he knows the ball is running away, or what?

comedy gold - same post! Not even requiring much use of the"scroll up". PW. Still at least in the right thread.

comedy gold - same post! Not even requiring much use of the"scroll up". PW. Still at least in the right thread.

Props Welsh!

In a scoreline worthy of Fort William, the playoff-placed, once mighty Wrexham were on the wrong side of a 2-7 drubbing this weekend to mid-table Gateshead in the heady heights of the Blue Square Premiership.

Words can't describe how gutted and shamed I feel right now.

Surely after taking Wrexham to the top of the Premiership and winning the FA Cup in Championship Manager, the time is right for me to take up the reigns at the Racecourse.

In a scoreline worthy of Fort William, the playoff-placed, once mighty Wrexham were on the wrong side of a 2-7 drubbing this weekend to mid-table Gateshead in the heady heights of the Blue Square Premiership.

Surely after taking Wrexham to the top of the Premiership and winning the FA Cup in Championship Manager, the time is right for me to take up the reigns at the Racecourse.

I was 'watching' the Chorley-Chester game (0-1 since you ask) on the devachat forum and I have to say most posters seemed more interested in the Wrexham debacle than our own game, despite the best comedic efforts of the Chorley FM 'commentators'. Looks like whoever your new owner is, it's not the despicable Stephen Vaughan. That would have been just too delicious.

The 'reigns'?!

I was 'watching' the Chorley-Chester game (0-1 since you ask) on the devachat forum and I have to say most posters seemed more interested in the Wrexham debacle than our own game, despite the best comedic efforts of the Chorley FM 'commentators'. Looks like whoever your new owner is, it's not the despicable Stephen Vaughan. That would have been just too delicious.

The 'reigns'?!

One more good reason for banning comic-sans: I misread this as Charley-Chester.

Ashley Cole is the classic case of someone believing their own publicity.

I suppose he also subscribes to the doctrine that bad publicity beats no publicity. I know he's a lousy footballer. Now it appears he's a lousy shot too.

regards,

Hein

Given Sir Alex's low opinion of referees, I wonder how he would respond to the situation Dorchester Town's Ashley Vickers found himself in the other night.

We exchanged some banter a few years back after I suggested the terminally ill should compete in sport, literally playing for their lives as the exercise boosted their immune systems and the public interest and television cash improved the quality of their lives.

Anyway, The Voice of Young Maryport and his chums are entering a 5-a-side league soon and we had much mirth playing around with team names on the theme above before deciding the league would probably decline a team labelled, say, HIV Eindhoven.

But the notion of a grimly funny name punning on physical misfortune and an existing team name does appeal.

So, do any of our DL footy followers have an idea fit to top the current front runner...Sharts (as in a fart with a little spattering of something solid) of Midlothian?

There's always the pub quiz standby of Total Fretwork Solutions.

We exchanged some banter a few years back after I suggested the terminally ill should compete in sport, literally playing for their lives as the exercise boosted their immune systems and the public interest and television cash improved the quality of their lives.

Anyway, The Voice of Young Maryport and his chums are entering a 5-a-side league soon and we had much mirth playing around with team names on the theme above before deciding the league would probably decline a team labelled, say, HIV Eindhoven.

But the notion of a grimly funny name punning on physical misfortune and an existing team name does appeal.

So, do any of our DL footy followers have an idea fit to top the current front runner...Sharts (as in a fart with a little spattering of something solid) of Midlothian?

You could always use the team name I have in the xpert 11 league. Dyslexics Untied.

200779_1685152573517_1378731626_31677876_5062043_n.jpg

...and all the paint you can eat!

The BBC appear to give Stoke no chance of winning the FA Cup.

But the Potters will qualify for Europe as FA Cup runners-up if Manchester City finish in the top four.

Carlisle 0 Orient 1

Significant in that it rules out any mathematical possibility of promotion. We've been safe from relegation for a couple of games, so the BIG game next year is Preston North End at home!!

Haven't been around much lately but I haven't seen any discussion on all these gagging orders that have been passed recently by the judiciary. Mr Justice Eady seems particularly fond of his Contra Mundum powers. Anyway there's a bit of background discussion here on the England captaincy. I wonder who the unnamed party is in the Imogen Thomas case?

The FA Cup gets underway tomorrow...

I see we aren't eligible to win this year's FA Cup, but the Evo-Stik League One Div North should be a piece of piss. Come on Prescot Cables, Woodley Sports and Leigh Genesis, let's be avin ya.

It was, if you call winning the league by two goals after losing the final game while your rivals won 8-2 a piece of piss. Just six more promotions and we're in the Prem.

cityscarf.gif

First Division North

1. Chester 44 14 6 2 15 4 3 29 10 5 107 36 71 97

2. Skelmersdale 44 14 4 4 16 3 3 30 7 7 117 48 69 97

3. Chorley 44 14 3 5 11 8 3 25 11 8 87 43 44 86

4. Curzon Ashton 44 14 4 4 11 6 5 25 10 9 85 49 36 85

Time to cue the "WE ARE STAYING UP I SAY WE ARE STAYING UP" chants for us as the Cobblers won their first game in NINETEEN FUCKING MATCHES today to ensure we're not playing non-league football at the end of the season. In mid-January we were one match off a play-off spot.

As some of you may know I'm a Feyenoord supporter. Things haven't been bright lately for the winner of the 1970 European Cup and the Uefa Cup in 1974 and 2002.

Well, with only two rounds left to play in the Eredivisie (the penultimate round is played this afternoon1) things are looking up. If Feyenoord manages to win both matches and if Heracles and Utrecht drop points, Feyenoord qualifies for play-offs for a place in the Europa League. I don't think it'll happen, but it would be a remarkable achievement after such a lousy start.

1 All matches played on Sunday at 2:30. This was normal for all rounds well into the 1990s. Nowadays there's hardly a day without football on the box, but the old system had its charm.

regards,

Hein

As some of you may know I'm a Feyenoord supporter. Things haven't been bright lately for the winner of the 1970 European Cup and the Uefa Cup in 1974 and 2002.

Well, with only two rounds left to play in the Eredivisie (the penultimate round is played this afternoon1) things are looking up. If Feyenoord manages to win both matches and if Heracles and Utrecht drop points, Feyenoord qualifies for play-offs for a place in the Europa League. I don't think it'll happen, but it would be a remarkable achievement after such a lousy start.

1 All matches played on Sunday at 2:30. This was normal for all rounds well into the 1990s. Nowadays there's hardly a day without football on the box, but the old system had its charm.

regards,

Hein

Sadly I see you lost to VVV Venlo - a town I once changed trains in

If Feyenoord manages to win both matches and if Heracles and Utrecht drop points, Feyenoord qualifies for play-offs for a place in the Europa League. I don't think it'll happen, but it would be a remarkable achievement after such a lousy start.
Sadly I see you lost to VVV Venlo - a town I once changed trains in

Utrecht duly obliged by losing to Excelsior (yes!), but Feyenoord blew it.

Stelletje knurften.

Venlo is a place best avoided. Chock-full of German drug buyerstourists, scene of the infamous Venlo Incident and to top it off: birthplace of Geert MussertWilders.

regards,

Hein

I see Wrexham got humped in the 1st leg of the play offs 3-0. (Sorry if I spoilt it honez) No doubt Harrymcnallieswhotsit will be rejoicing. You both may meet again in another 2 seasons.