Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

Why, thank you, Mary. No indeed, although I did pick Alex Higgins for my first DDP team. I never did again though, because my friend told me he would never die.

• Like 1

Why, thank you, Mary. No indeed, although I did pick Alex Higgins for my first DDP team. I never did again though, because my friend told me he would never die.

Anyone who thinks a chainsmoking alcoholic won't die is stupid. Everybody dies some day.

Anyone who thinks a chainsmoking alcoholic won't die is stupid. Everybody dies some day.

:unsure: Thank you for those wise words.

:rolleyes:

The young 'un is partial to a certain amount of low rent ironic humour (fuck knows where he gets it from). Anyway, with the same mirth that makes him record old episodes of Bullseye and piss himself laughing at the shite prizes, he expressed a wish to watch the Status Quo movie. Our DVD has just arrived, assuming nobody else hereabouts has actually seen this famous shite-fest, we'll keep you posted!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I feel your pain Lardy, Glasto have a sporting chance (and form in this dept) with regard to a late replacement, but I'm guessing your O2 shows go back about a year now. Dave Grohl will come back and honour the deal, he's that kind of guy, right?

STADIUM Mary, no poxy 02 for Grohl!

I have no idea, haven't had any news from the promoters yet about rescheduling. I will just have to look forward to Madness in September, not quite the same though.....

Maybe you can pursuede Suggs to throw in a few Foo Fighters covers into the set list.

• Like 1

Probs best to post this on the music obsessed thread.

Mr Weird and Wacky's free download emporium is offering up the gloriously unlistenable Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed as today's gift to mankind.

Link: http://mrweirdandwacky.blogspot.co.uk/

Haven't actually been yet but...

Got my tickets a few days ago for the Ramblin' Man fest in July, it's wall to wall with dodgy DL fodder - Ian Anderson, Blue Oyster Cult, Greg Allman (yeah, really, him!), Camel and The Scorpions - so if the bands are shite I'll grab the binoculars and study them carefully to try and spot the tell tale signs of diabetes out of control or heart disease, then report back.

That does seem like a really good value festival looking at the line up. Maybe next year.

Just received my ticket for the Stiff Little Fingers gig here in Minneapolis on July 18th. It's only the 2nd time they've played Minneapolis. Looking forward to it as it almost coincides with my birthday.

Best post this in a music related thread. Thought I'd share with the group that another gloriously politically incorrect blog site - Mr Weird and Wacky - are offering up a free download of the complete catalogue of...Thrush and the Cunts!

cover.jpg

• Like 1

Stiff Little Fingers gig from Saturday was excellent. They played mostly stuff from their first 4 albums and their latest album "No Going Back". It was good to see them again and founding bass player Ali McMordie is back playing with them again.

The pensioner-prog extravaganza that is The Ramblin' Man Fair awaits me this weekend. Won't be checking out Greg Allman because another stage beckons for the end of the final night, but if I spot a Blue Oyster Cult, Saxon or Scorpion clearly knocking on death's door, I'll let yers all know.

Not sure where to post my request for someone to mail me a CD but here goes:

I'm almost certainly the only Yank what owns anything by a great but obscure 90s Brit-pop psychedelic band Big White Stairs.

[i paid 21£ or $36 for their 4-song EP No.1 the only available copy on the Internet, and it's likely the only copy in America].

I have everything they've recorded but I am only missing "EP No.2" and unless the heavens align and it shows up on Discogs, I'll never own it. Whereas YOU fine DLers can pop in your local used CD outlet and perchance find a copy.

Thanks in advance.

SirC

Not sure where to post my request for someone to mail me a CD but here goes:

I'm almost certainly the only Yank what owns anything by a great but obscure 90s Brit-pop psychedelic band Big White Stairs.

[i paid 21£ or $36 for their 4-song EP No.1 the only available copy on the Internet, and it's likely the only copy in America].

I have everything they've recorded but I am only missing "EP No.2" and unless the heavens align and it shows up on Discogs, I'll never own it. Whereas YOU fine DLers can pop in your local used CD outlet and perchance find a copy.

Thanks in advance.

SirC

R-4011661-1352359966-7101.jpeg.jpg

This one? Although I am a compulsive charity shop browser, I've never seen it. But I'll keep an eye out for it.

• Like 1

So, the Foo Fighters last week. Organisation of car parks etc was crap, took 2.5 hours to get in the car park and then into the venue, so we missed Royal Blood - really pissed off about that. Iggy Pop was all right (just all right), and the Foos, well, the sound was bad (Milton Keynes really is not a great outdoor venue) and I now think they should have waited until Dave was back on his feet, as you just don't get the ROCK when someone is doing it sitting down. Plus there really was an abundance of utter CUNTS in the audience.

So all in all, not the best gig I've been to. But I'd still let him ruin me.

Off to see Madness tomorrow night.

Ooh! I'm seeing Madness next Saturday after racing at Newbury. Should be a good day out.

• Like 1

Ooh! I'm seeing Madness next Saturday after racing at Newbury. Should be a good day out.

What time's your race and what odds are the bookies offering on you? duck.gif

What time's your race and what odds are the bookies offering on you? duck.gif

Where's that Armitage Shanks fellow when we need him? :P

• Like 1

Well they were ace! I had the best time, the support bands were a reggae-style band Backbeat Soundsystem, and Chainska Brassika (ska, funnily enough) which in my opinion weren't anything special, nothing memorable about them and their songs all sounded pretty similar. But Madness were fab, funny, played a good selection of old faves and few newer ones, and I will definitely be going to see them again. Toast, I'm sure you are in for a fun evening!

• Like 2

Well they were ace! I had the best time, the support bands were a reggae-style band Backbeat Soundsystem, and Chainska Brassika (ska, funnily enough) which in my opinion weren't anything special, nothing memorable about them and their songs all sounded pretty similar. But Madness were fab, funny, played a good selection of old faves and few newer ones, and I will definitely be going to see them again. Toast, I'm sure you are in for a fun evening!

Come on, show everybody the pic of your view of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I always get the tallest man ever standing in front of me. Fortunately he did move slightly sideways. I think the girl with him (who we later realised was his daughter, not his bitch) was wearing headphones and dancing to a completely different band to that onstage, either that or she had stolen her sense of rhythm from Helen Keller.

11250618_10152995560346816_3219597154373

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought Tommy Cooper was dead.

Looks like your eyeing up a bit of pilfering from the gay man bag as revenge ...

ETA, and at first glance I thought the daughter had a big fat red cigar in her gub.

Or a friction burns suffering knob.

• Like 1

Just booked to see Reel Big Fish on the 23rd October. Can't wait.

Have a whale of a time!

(I know they're mammals, but the gag doesn't work otherwise).

Guess I better make a post in this thread...

Head still buzzing after going to see (and hear) the Stereo MC's at the Rescue Rooms in Nottingham. £19.50, doors 6:30pm. Fifth time I've been to one of their gigs, and this one well on par. Guess about 400 in attendance, quite rammed but not so you could not fully dance along. They had a warm up act but I was not that interested to see them I guessed when the MC's would play and only waited about 15 minutes. On stage about 8:20pm. Bagged a spot upstairs on the balcony. Joining in from the back with all the jumping up and down malarchy in my own ample space. However with my bad back I know I'm too old for it and I'll feel it for a few days I'm sure. The band is down to two backing singers (think having and bringing up children don't mix too well with all that bouncing around). Still, Rob Birch was again giving it his mad fast social rapping all. He has pushed 50 too and still as thin as a rake. Excluded the camo look and gone back to baggy denim and supplemented it with a fluorescent beanie. By the forth song the crowd was loving it. And Rob had stripped off two layers. Great historic play list interspersed with about 4 new songs I've not been top side of from the new album that I'm not a fan of. Still got my fill of good stuff. Took a photo of the play list taped to the stage that they were winging. They did "Deep Down And Dirty" twice and ran out of time to play one song they planned to add at some point. One small table of merchandise (already own the tee shirt) and lemonade at £2.60 / pint. Most people drinking Red Stripe. Good mix of ages 18 to 50's. Guess most people had a jolly good time. Finished at 9:54pm.

• Like 2