And they’re tax-dodging cunts.

1 hour ago, Sod's Law said:

Then there's the whole 'sticking ads in Prime movies and removing one day delivery from many products' thing. Companies like them are desperate because the boom days of internet shopping and streaming are now well and truly over and they're desperately clawing at the bottom line as much as they can. 

Prime video is pretty poor all round now, browsing, it seems half the offerings are Rent/Buy, from a partner service (e.g. Paramount, which is an additional fee), or on FreeVee (with ads). But sticking ads in actual Prime Video output and offering an "ad free" experience for another £3/month (or additional 33% if you will!) is beyond shoddy.

But having lived through what they did with Amazon Music, I'm not in the least surprised.

• Like 2

Nutella pizzas. We get it, you've combined two Italian things together that people like. And somehow turned it into the absolute fucking worst of both worlds.

Nutella in general, tbh. Other chocolate spreads taste at least as good without turning your gob into a claggy monstrosity.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Nutella pizzas. We get it, you've combined two Italian things together that people like. And somehow turned it into the absolute fucking worst of both worlds.

If its not pizza crust spread with tomato sauce is it still pizza?

4 minutes ago, time said:

Pizza is just from the Greek pitta, so I guess it just means any round, flat bread regardless of topping.

But if you see any "pizzas" that are square or those ones that are just topped baguette halves, call the police.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

Pizza is just from the Greek pitta, so I guess it just means any round, flat bread regardless of topping.

But if you see any "pizzas" that are square or those ones that are just topped baguette halves, call the police.

Before Covid we were in an Italian restaurant and for my desert I have an italian take on Rhubarb Crumble. It was a ravioli filled with rhubarb and a crumble topping served with custard. The expression my wife gave me was like I was committing every possible crime against food

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Before Covid we were in an Italian restaurant and for my desert I have an italian take on Rhubarb Crumble. It was a ravioli filled with rhubarb and a crumble topping served with custard. The expression my wife gave me was like I was committing every possible crime against food

That sounds so wrong, but also so right!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TQR said:

Nah, you'll never convince me a poppadom with tikka masala heaped on top is a pizza. I reckon even Ainsley would balk at that.

8 minutes ago, time said:

Nah, you'll never convince me a poppadom with tikka masala heaped on top is a pizza. I reckon even Ainsley would balk at that.

He would, yes, primarily because a papadam is a lentil crisp.

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

He would, yes, primarily because a papadam is a lentil crisp.

What? Heresy. 

On 25/03/2024 at 10:21, time said:

I eat either pesto or olive oil sauce as I'm allergic to tomato, so I'll say yes.

The "nutella pizza" thing looks like a pie -- and not a pizzza pie -- though to me.

Their ads are pretty obnoxious, up and down this restaurant street near me, how outrageously! awesome! and unique! it is to have nutella. Like, a lot of you all have the same signs.

People who, when washing up, put all the dirty dishes in the sink at once making the water dirty before you've even cleaned one item.

Ideally you should fill the empty sink with water, then start washing the least dirty items (cups or cutlery) and then work your way up to the dirtier things. Also rinse overly dirty items under the tap to remove as much as possible before putting them in the hot soapy water. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

then start washing the least dirty items (cups or cutlery) and then work your way up to the dirtier things.

Always always always glass stuff first. Then your good knives. My OH put one of my sharp-as-all-fuck Japanese knives in the dishwasher once and it lost its shine. I considered calling off the wedding.

8 minutes ago, TQR said:

My OH put one of my sharp-as-all-fuck Japanese knives in the dishwasher once and it lost its shine.

I can't do with dishwashers either, my uni house has one and I've never even opened it. One of the few times I used one was at work and when I went to empty it I found almost everything in there had multiple broccoli flowers on it, the water had just rinsed the broccoli bits of one plate and scattered them across everything and I ended up having to wipe everything down. 

10 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I can't do with dishwashers either, my uni house has one and I've never even opened it. One of the few times I used one was at work and when I went to empty it I found almost everything in there had multiple broccoli flowers on it, the water had just rinsed the broccoli bits of one plate and scattered them across everything and I ended up having to wipe everything down. 

I miss having one. It's been 5 or 6 years now. Never had problems, albeit I am not sure the difference in UK vs US quality

18 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

For me a dishwasher is an essential, if only because when my OH cooks it's a case of why use 1 pan when you can use 5. The only things that don't go through the dishwasher are the good glassware and the aluminium griddle pan. 

I've never had a problem with it spreading bits of veg etc around, though I do make a point of cleaning out the filter every time.

39 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Who tf is putting plates in a dishwasher without scraping the leftovers into a bin?

Reminds me of the time when I was working behind a bar and a colleague used the glasswasher to wash a couple of bowls that had been used for cheesy chips. Melted cheese everywhere.

• Haha 1

I use the dishwasher; it was pretty limited to find a place in Boston with one.
Dish soap products agitate the skin too much, causing eczema.

• Like 1

News "articles" that are just an embedded video or audio clip and not much else.

No, I don't want to watch your video, I want to read. At least provide a transcription!

• Like 1