banana.gif

Quality rants from lfn.

Makes it all worthwhile...

I really need to calm down. :D

Like fuck :D

• Like 1

The south media considering a sprinkling of snow the Armageddon reincarnated. Shovel it up and get on with your lives.

FTFY.

That's what the vast majority of people do. Even our bus company manages to get buses out these days.

I managed to fight my way through the bitter blizzards to Oxford this evening, and back again.

• Like 1

The south media considering a sprinkling of snow the Armageddon reincarnated. Shovel it up and get on with your lives.

FTFY.

That's what the vast majority of people do. Even our bus company manages to get buses out these days.

I managed to fight my way through the bitter blizzards to Oxford this evening, and back again.

We did actually have a blizzard here this morning, just as I happened to be working outside in a box in the ground.

I managed to survive.

Local news ITV Anglia are on Armageddon alert, currently broadcasting live from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex costal areas where the reporters are 'live and getting sexually aroused' at the prospect of coastal flooding.

Well it fills the news.

I promise I haven't made this up.

Today I went to the tobacconist counter in Waitrose (yes, I like the occasional ciggy, don't shoot me) smoking_60.gif

Toast: Do you have Windsor Superkings?

Waitrose Assistant: I'm not allowed to tell you if we have them.

Toast: What?

WA: We're not allowed to tell you what we have. You have to ask for them. It's the law.

smilie_tra_004.gif

• Like 6

It's the advertising rules on tobacco. The ideas to avoid youngster buying ones they've seen advertised/their parents use.

Doesn't make it any less non-nonsensical.

Today I went to the tobacconist counter in Waitrose (yes, I like the occasional ciggy, don't shoot me) smoking_60.gif

WA: We're not allowed to tell you what we have. You have to ask for them. It's the law.

smilie_tra_004.gif

So.................

You ask for Windsor Superkings, they don't have them.

You ask for JPS, ditto,

You ask for L&B, they have none, nuffink, zilch.

You ask 'What do you actually have?

They reply 'We cant tell you'

You then fuck off without any ciggies.

Yes, the anti smoking crusade could work!! :D

It's the advertising rules on tobacco. The ideas to avoid youngster buying ones they've seen advertised/their parents use.

Well, duh, I know it's "the advertising rules on tobacco".

But what FUCKING DIFFERENCE is there between me saying "Have you got" and "Can I have"?

If they haven't got them I can't have them, can I !

BTW I gave up trying to work out your last sentence :lol:

• Like 3

smilie_tra_004.gif

So.................

You ask for Windsor Superkings, they don't have them.

You ask for JPS, ditto,

You ask for L&B, they have none, nuffink, zilch.

You ask 'What do you actually have?

They reply 'We cant tell you'

You then fuck off without any ciggies.

Yes, the anti smoking crusade could work!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWDdd5KKhts

• Like 2

Well, duh, I know it's "the advertising rules on tobacco".

But what FUCKING DIFFERENCE is there between me saying "Have you got" and "Can I have"?

If they haven't got them I can't have them, can I !

BTW I gave up trying to work out your last sentence :lol:

The last sentence was meant to stay "it doesn't make it any less nonsensical". I agree with you it's daft.

happy-smiley33.gif

For the first time ever ..... I've just had a customer survey email from Waitrose:

Dear Toast,

Nobody’s opinion matters more to us than yours. Because as a valued myWaitrose customer you’re perfectly placed to tell us how we’re doing.

We wondered if you could spare 5 - 6 minutes to tell us about your recent shopping experience at Waitrose.

• Like 2

happy-smiley33.gif

For the first time ever ..... I've just had a customer survey email from Waitrose:

Dear Toast,

Nobody’s opinion matters more to us than yours. Because as a valued myWaitrose customer you’re perfectly placed to tell us how we’re doing.

We wondered if you could spare 5 - 6 minutes to tell us about your recent shopping experience at Waitrose.

Fucking show-off.

• Like 2

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

I think LFN is suggesting that only Posh people shop in Waitrose. It is great in Market Harborough Waitrose shares a car park with Aldi. People come out of Waitrose with a small bag of shopping and then go into Aldi to fill a trolley.

• Like 1

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

I think LFN is suggesting that only Posh people shop in Waitrose. It is great in Market Harborough Waitrose shares a car park with Aldi. People come out of Waitrose with a small bag of shopping and then go into Aldi to fill a trolley.

It was Deathray, not LFN.

Ironically I specifically went to Waitrose because their price for Cirio tinned tomatoes (now that possibly makes me posh) was easily the lowest of all the supermarkets available to me. I also shopped in Home Bargains and Sainsburys yesterday.

I'm not a creature of habit when it comes to supermarkets. As I live several miles from the nearest town, and more or less equidistant from several towns, I go to whichever one is likely to serve my purposes at the time. So I may be spotted in Waitrose, Aldi, Sainsburys, Lidl, Tesco or occasionally Iceland. Horses for courses.

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

Ironically I specifically went to Waitrose because their price for Cirio tinned tomatoes (now that possibly makes me posh) was easily the lowest of all the supermarkets available to me. I also shopped in Home Bargains and Sainsburys yesterday.

I'm not a creature of habit when it comes to supermarkets. As I live several miles from the nearest town, and more or less equidistant from several towns, I go to whichever one is likely to serve my purposes at the time. So I may be spotted in Waitrose, Aldi, Sainsburys, Lidl, Tesco or occasionally Iceland. Horses for courses.

Be that starter, main or dessert.

• Like 2

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

Be that starter, main or dessert.

I doubt it, a lot of horsey people frequent that particular town.

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

Deffo posh. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

happy-smiley33.gif

Dear Toast,

Fucking show-off.

What? Why?

I thought it was because they referred to toast as their favourite customer and that made lfn a very jealous monkey.
  • Like 1

Jealous monkey 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Walmart.

Walmart.

They own ASDA over here.

Walmart.

They own ASDA over here.

Yeah ... There isn't an Asda near me. Or a Morrisons.