Probably not Room 101 material but something that irritates me: "Box Sets"

A box set (or more grammatically, a boxed set) is a physical artefact in which you have a series of several things which are housed in a box.

It is not a series of TV programmes broadcast or streamed on a television or other device.

So I wish Sky would stop trailing things as "box sets" when they are not. What's wrong with calling them "complete series" which is what they mean?

A box set (or more grammatically, a boxed set) is a physical artefact in which you have a series of several things which are housed in a box.

It is not a series of TV programmes broadcast or streamed on a television or other device.

So I wish Sky would stop trailing things as "box sets" when they are not. What's wrong with calling them "complete series" which is what they mean?

Is this not one of those things that has evolved meanings with the rise of new technology?

Is this not one of those things that has evolved meanings with the rise of new technology?

I would hate to think so, because it is nonsense.

And people still buy physical "box sets", so it introduces the potential for confusion.

And people still buy physical "box sets", so it introduces the potential for confusion.

It's a little pedantic to be annoyed buy it though; but I understand the frustration. Isn't it a bit like someone buying an album. If I say I've bought an album, Someone says they've got an album they could have it on CD, vinyl, there spotify saves and old gramaphone record or an itunes download - a rather confusing mess..

It's a little pedantic to be annoyed buy it though; but I understand the frustration. Isn't it a bit like someone buying an album. If I say I've bought an album, Someone says they've got an album they could have it on CD, vinyl, there spotify saves and old gramaphone record or an itunes download - a rather confusing mess..

Yes, but I suppose an album was traditionally always a concept as well as a physical entity. People also used the terms LP or record when there was just vinyl, so it was possible to make the distinction.

Yes, but I suppose an album was traditionally always a concept as well as a physical entity. People also used the terms LP or record when there was just vinyl, so it was possible to make the distinction.

I'll bow to your better judgement, I wasn't around back then.

What actually annoys me more than the use of box-set to describe series-links and complete series is the actual category on netflix that describes itself as "Binge watches" or something similar.

Flu jabs.

Had mine and got yup you guessed it. Of course one strain of most likely is given but still.

On the plus side I get to watch box set of Game of Thrones. Or is it a complete series???

No, FA cup should be replays on both sides of the Wall. League cups no, but main cups should be replays , even in the Final. No extra time and shite.

On a different rant, anyone see the pic of Charlton when Rooney took the record? Lol.

*tried to post, but extension not allowed...

No, FA cup should be replays on both sides of the Wall. League cups no, but main cups should be replays , even in the Final. No extra time and shite.

On a different rant, anyone see the pic of Charlton when Rooney took the record? Lol.

*tried to post, but extension not allowed...

The main problems fixture congestion and the like and the knock-on effect of it. Football scheduling an absolute joke, the old days of replaying every match until someone wins in 90 minutes certainly don't need a return.

Disagree....

I'm with Charon. Liverpool have just paid the price of not taking the FA Cup seriously and Plymouth get a huge pay day.

There can be little worse than having your day off and using it to wait in for a delivery.

Ive got a car to weld and a ceiling to paint, I cannot really do either until this FUCKING DELIVERY IS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It fucks me off no end.

The delivery will probably arrive at 6PM.............. :rant:

There can be little worse than having your day off and using it to wait in for a delivery.

Ive got a car to weld and a ceiling to paint, I cannot really do either until this FUCKING DELIVERY IS MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It fucks me off no end.

I hope for your sake it's not UKMail.

• Like 1

It fucks me off no end.

I hope for your sake it's not UKMail.

Im hoping its not Yodel, another complete shower of shit.

So far today Ive had 4 slices of toast, 1 bowl of cornflakes, 3 boiled eggs, 5 cheese on crackers, two pickled onions, two bags of crisps and two cups of tea..................while I FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I ordered a package on Monday for next day delivery. Monday evening the online status read 'despatched'. Waiting on Tuesday I checked the online status periodically and was surprised around lunchtime to find it had been delivered,mainly because it hadn't.

It was delivered Wednesday morning - by Yodel.

• Like 1

I ordered a package on Monday for next day delivery. Monday evening the online status read 'despatched'. Waiting on Tuesday I checked the online status periodically and was surprised around lunchtime to find it had been delivered,mainly because it hadn't.

I rest my case!

The south considering a sprinkling of snow the Armageddon reincarnated. Shovel it up and get on with your lives.

• Like 1

The south considering a sprinkling of snow the Armageddon reincarnated. Shovel it up and get on with your lives.

I agree.

I rest my case!

Well you could if they'd delivered it, boom, tish, here all week.

• Like 1

I rest my case!

Well you could if they'd delivered it, boom, tish, here all week.

It was some outfit called 'DX' who did the delivery, never heard of them, probably a renamed existing outfit.

The south media considering a sprinkling of snow the Armageddon reincarnated. Shovel it up and get on with your lives.

FTFY.

That's what the vast majority of people do. Even our bus company manages to get buses out these days.

• Like 1

this show is a blessing.

banana.gif

Quality rants from lfn.

Makes it all worthwhile...