Bloody NHS 24, I've spent most of the last hour on the phone to them trying to get an emergency doctor out to see to my mum, who's taken a turn for the worse tonight after a week and a half of being ill and a bad fall that resulted in her being hospitalised last weekend :blink: . They asked me just about every question under the sun apart from my bra size, then I had to be phoned back by a 'nurse advisor', whom, after speaking to my mum on the phone decided she was 'top priority' and a medical team should be with us in the next couple of hours :referee: . What happened to the simple phone calls where you stated you needed an emergency Dr. and one appeared within an hour. Sorry to rant but I'm worried sick, bastards :rip: .

Out to your house? I'm just impressed with that.

As a rule I'm not that bothered to hate anything, but the amount of pointless blather concerning the present cold weather....I mean, it isn't that cold and it's not like we're all gonna die, or be unable to get to work or owt, is it?

As a rule I'm not that bothered to hate anything, but the amount of pointless blather concerning the present cold weather....I mean, it isn't that cold and it's not like we're all gonna die, or be unable to get to work or owt, is it?

Totally agree with you Mary.

Growing up ( get the violins out ) I lived in a house so cold that in the depths of winter we would have ice on the INSIDE of the windows.

I had an old Mini back in the mid 80s and that had to have boiling water thrown over the door as well as the lock to unfreeze it.

Going back to my childhood, ive got memories of bitterly cold winters in "mild" London.

People today are just lilly livered pussies!

Totally agree with you Mary.

Growing up ( get the violins out ) I lived in a house so cold that in the depths of winter we would have ice on the INSIDE of the windows.

I had an old Mini back in the mid 80s and that had to have boiling water thrown over the door as well as the lock to unfreeze it.

Going back to my childhood, ive got memories of bitterly cold winters in "mild" London.

Agreed! Cold? you dont know the meaning of the word!

A minor cold snap and the country grinds to a halt.

I remember when we were out camping in the middle of winter we found this brownish object, so we threw it on the fire. Five seconds later it went 'Thhuurrrrrtt.

Have you ever travelled by Stagecoach bus...in the winter...at 7.30am...between Fraserburgh and Aberdeen?

Stagecoach busses have the ability to be colder on the inside, than it actually is in the outside.

Have you ever travelled by Stagecoach bus...in the winter...at 7.30am...between Fraserburgh and Aberdeen?

Stagecoach busses have the ability to be colder on the inside, than it actually is in the outside.

Yep, I had cars like that.

I work out in this weather all day, occassionally going indoors. Be under no illusions, this is just a cold snap.

We live in modern centrally heated houses, drive cars that start on the button, no matter how cold and with powerful heaters, offices have Hot and Cold Aircon, shops ditto and its all to make our lives more comfortable.

Clearly it has made us all too comfortable.

Winny, I assumed all Scottish people had antifreeze instead of blood?

This weather must be almost tropical for North of the border!

One of my esteemed Deathlist colleagues has bidden me to come in here and tell you that minus a few degrees in the UK is bog all compared to a real New York winter. Well, now I love the cold. But even so, standing outside my building at work which is a stone's throw from the bay, with hailstones mixed with snow driven by a 50 mile an hour wind gust embedding aforementioned hailstones into my rosy little cheeks is enough to make me go back inside before I've finished the whole cigarette. That hurts!

One of my esteemed Deathlist colleagues has bidden me to come in here and tell you that minus a few degrees in the UK is bog all compared to a real New York winter. Well, now I love the cold. But even so, standing outside my building at work which is a stone's throw from the bay, with hailstones mixed with snow driven by a 50 an hour mile wind gust embedding aforementioned hailstones into my rosy little cheeks is enough to make me go back inside before I've finished the whole cigarette. That hurts!

I don't care if I am a lilly livered pussy, it's f*****g cold. That is the main bugger about this weather - being a smoker and having to go outside. So I don't bother now, bollocks - I shut my bedroom door, open the window a tad, and smoke in my room, just like I did when I was a kid. Cosy warm and can watch the telly at the same time. I'm a fairweather smoker and don't bother going out for one at work cos it's too cold. Back in the days of my first job, we were allowed to smoke at our desks - showing my age now! Bring back smoking, I say!

Guest TDF

I have to agree Mary, its not that cold. Its especially not so cold that it requires my 'reptile' colleagues to go round scrounging every portable warmth device they can lay their hands and heating the office to furnace temperature. I'm back at work and in hell.

I have nothing to say at this point. Check back with me in August. :ph34r:

Stupid Slag.

$omething tell$ me $he'$ doing thi$ for all the wrong reason$.

Stupid Slag.

Definitely. She probably doesn't appreciate the irony of calling herself a staunch Catholic whilst simultaneously announcing that she's being trying for seven years to get herself pregnant outside of wedlock.

Stupid Slag.

Definitely. She probably doesn't appreciate the irony of calling herself a staunch Catholic whilst simultaneously announcing that she's being trying for seven years to get herself pregnant outside of wedlock.

No prizes for guessing which particular part of the article revealed her wisdom to me. It's probably not conjoined twins after all, considering geographical location, just one being with two heads.

But the 25-year-old from Portsmouth is reported to be a staunch Catholic who is opposed to abortion.

Stupid Slag.

Yeah, that was the first thing that jumped out at me as well.

Stupid Slag.

Yeah, that was the first thing that jumped out at me as well.

Her parents probably brought her up to believe that "two heads are better than one".

It's probable the conjoined twins will not surive. By allowing them to exist she will bring on a lifetime of suffering and she is a selfish human being for permitting it. This woman is insane.

It's probable the conjoined twins will not surive. By allowing them to exist she will bring on a lifetime of suffering and she is a selfish human being for permitting it. This woman is insane.

Banshees, imagine if your mother had been told her child was going to be a deluded illiterate and she'd be better off getting rid of it.

How would you have voted?

Banshees, imagine if your mother had been told her child was going to be a deluded illiterate and she'd be better off getting rid of it.

Well, if they would have told her that my illiterate skills were off after coming back from a party she would have understood. Especially if it were also very late. But it is one of the most unacceptable posts that I've made in a very long time. I agree.

But shouldn't you have considered the circumstances? ..

Well, if they would have told her that my illiterate skills were off after coming back from a party she would have understood.

Especially if it were also very late. But it is one of the most unacceptable posts that I've made in a very long time. I agree.

However, I wonder how your mother would have reacted if somebody would have explained that her son would grow to be one who fails to recognize what is probable at such an event. You label the very poor illiterate skills but you do not consider what the circumstances might have been. Shouldn't you have considered the circumstances? ..

Does anyone actually understand any of that post? I've read it at least five times, and I still don't know what it means.

Guest Nora Batty's Stockings

Well, if they would have told her that my illiterate skills were off after coming back from a party she would have understood.

Especially if it were also very late. But it is one of the most unacceptable posts that I've made in a very long time. I agree.

However, I wonder how your mother would have reacted if somebody would have explained that her son would grow to be one who fails to recognize what is probable at such an event. You label the very poor illiterate skills but you do not consider what the circumstances might have been. Shouldn't you have considered the circumstances? ..

Does anyone actually understand any of that post? I've read it at least five times, and I still don't know what it means.

Try reading it in a Yorkshire accent.

Try reading it in a Yorkshire accent.

Who cares about Yorkshire or any of those ridiculous accents. The bottom line is that Notapotato is a good man who felt inclined to voice his opinion on a post of which was made passed the midnight hour. Sometimes I think Germany's Englishman needs to read through just a little bit more. I fear he puts me in a category which is far below my standards but I'm sure it has occured to him that I operate on many different levels.

Sometimes I think Germany's Englishman needs to read through just a little bit more.

Germany's Englishman? :banghead:

Why the hell do people want to come up and start talking to you when you're reading a book on your break outside?

I operate on many different levels.

I bet your working life got easier when the lift/elevator buttons got simpler to operate....

Two things.

Day off today so I do the work and School run. Heading into town its choked. Umpteen traffic lights all misphased, kids on their way to School constantly stopping traffic flow by pressing the button for the lights to, yet again, go red, etc, etc.

Heading in, you have a set of lights and, just beyond, two lanes merging into one.

For the umpteenth time, some cnut decided that he was going to look straight ahead and cling to the bumper of the car infront of him, not giving a molecule of space for me to drop into but plenty of scope for me to be pushed into oncoming traffic. So I wound down the passenger window and shouted across to the f*****g old duffer in an E plate toyota pick up to "f**k off!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This had the desired effect, he allowed me into the flow of traffic.

What the f**ks the matter with people? Whats wrong with give and take to allow the traffic to flow? Why are people such selfish twatwangs? :(

Second rant. Ive lived in my house for just over a year, new development and an allocated parking space, garage, driveway etc for every resident. Oh no, thats not good enough, they have to park on the pavement outside their houses.

You have to walk in the road to get past and if my house ever catches fire, im royally f**ked as there is no hope of a Fire engine getting down my road to me.

People are such utter, selfish, inconsiderate w**nkers...and im utterly f*****g seething!!!!