Not at all, a mutt/crossbreed/mongrel lurcher/terrier. It's becoming far more common sadly (Independent, CBBC!). Apparently they're either stolen for training up fighting dogs or held until a reward is offered. All things considered, I think I'd rather be burgled for that sort of money. As criminal acts go, it's pretty much down there with bullying schoolkids for their lunch money.

How bizarre - do you have a particularly sought-after kind of dog then?

If I'm not mistaken, both Prince Andrew and Prince Edward (as well as Prince William) have recently been created honourary Knights of the Garter. This is a personal gift from the Queen.

The Royal Family - keeping nepotism alive for 1,000 years. What if Wills decided, like FW DeKlerk, that enough was enough, and just ended it? He and Harry could then helicopter to, and tumble out of, as many nightclubs as they liked, and no one would care.

Would anyone (under the age of 50. Besides Windsor) miss the Royal Family? And spare us the "they're good for tourism" argument. The Tower and Windsor Castle would still be there.

I'm quite in favour of them being put in a zoo for the good of the country. (Insert tourism argument here)

Not at all, a mutt/crossbreed/mongrel lurcher/terrier. It's becoming far more common sadly (Independent, CBBC!). Apparently they're either stolen for training up fighting dogs or held until a reward is offered. All things considered, I think I'd rather be burgled for that sort of money. As criminal acts go, it's pretty much down there with bullying schoolkids for their lunch money.

How bizarre - do you have a particularly sought-after kind of dog then?

Did you catch the offender? I think you would have been well within your rights to set him on fire.

Would anyone (under the age of 50. Besides Windsor) miss the Royal Family? And spare us the "they're good for tourism" argument. The Tower and Windsor Castle would still be there.

You could take a poll now, then take another one half way through the term of our first president...

Especially for you.

Just been to see a man about a dog, he said Gimme back my dog!

I'd like to reserve an especially uncomfortable seat in Room 101 for the W**ker who tried to steal my dog this morning. Tied up outside a cafe and the sh*t undid her lead and tried to get her to walk off with him.

It happened before to my previous dog, but the guy who tried to nick it got away with nothing more than a badly bitten hand, but the new one is unfortunately a bit more trusting.

Blimey! Slobberbone. there's a name I haven't heard for a while.

Suffice to say it wasn't me who was in the cafe when she got half-inched or the cock-sucker would have got more than a bitten hand.

Especially for you.

Just been to see a man about a dog, he said Gimme back my dog!

I'd like to reserve an especially uncomfortable seat in Room 101 for the W**ker who tried to steal my dog this morning. Tied up outside a cafe and the sh*t undid her lead and tried to get her to walk off with him.

It happened before to my previous dog, but the guy who tried to nick it got away with nothing more than a badly bitten hand, but the new one is unfortunately a bit more trusting.

The individual who stole my 88-year-old mother-in-law's debit card and PIN and stole thousands through ATMs before my husband checked his mother's account and discovered it. Bank of America also needs a swift kick in the ass for not having a computer system that is capable of accessing the account in question, which is in California, from a branch in Texas. My husband's power of attorney for his mother's finances isn't much damn good if the freaking bank can't handle requests from one state to another. Idiots.

Smarmy bastards who are overly possessive of their girlfriends.

I'm looking at a couple as I type this. She is trying to work, whilst he is smothering her with affection. He won't stop kissing the poor girl and she is getting pretty pissed off. He was obviously punching above his belt when he got her.

If he carries on, he will be waering my lentil soup.

Smarmy bastards who are overly possessive of their girlfriends.

I'm looking at a couple as I type this. She is trying to work, whilst he is smothering her with affection. He won't stop kissing the poor girl and she is getting pretty pissed off. He was obviously punching above his belt when he got her.

If he carries on, he will be waering my lentil soup.

What I wouldn't give for an overly possessive smarmy bastard <_<

Are you really eating lentil soup? Why? Lentils are the singularly most pointless object known to man. Apart from Anthea Turner.

Are you really eating lentil soup? Why? Lentils are the singularly most pointless object known to man. Apart from Anthea Turner.

Unfortunately I have to eat what they put on the menu.

The Vegetarians have won their way and it seems to be vegetarian options everyday. That means that our choice is usully limited to either lentil soup (tasteless and bland) or vegetarian Broth (also tasteless and bland).

Yesterday it was Broccoli or lentil. <_<

We were, however, treated on Monday to Chicken Soup.

You be asking, why not buy something other than soup?

Answer: The sandwiches are all overpriced, are soggie and generally sh*t. The only other option is to go to the bakers (on campus) and buy a pie. If I were to do the latter, I would put back on the 4 stone I lost over the summer (yes, I did type that last bit with my eyes closed).

It could be said that I'm just a fussy bastard.

Unfortunately I have to eat what they put on the menu.

The Vegetarians have won their way and it seems to be vegetarian options everyday. That means that our choice is usully limited to either lentil soup (tasteless and bland) or vegetarian Broth (also tasteless and bland).

Yesterday it was Broccoli or lentil. <_<

We were, however, treated on Monday to Chicken Soup.

You be asking, why not buy something other than soup?

Answer: The sandwiches are all overpriced, are soggie and generally sh*t. The only other option is to go to the bakers (on campus) and buy a pie. If I were to do the latter, I would put back on the 4 stone I lost over the summer (yes, I did type that last bit with my eyes closed).

It could be said that I'm just a fussy bastard.

Could you not make your own tasty broth at home and take it in a flask? Get a bag of casserole veg for a quid, boil it up, drain, put some veg stock, worcester sauce, whatever takes your fancy in, whizz with the blender, then chop up some cooked chicken or beef or whatever and chuck it in, sorted. A quid bag of veg will do at least two days worth of soup, depending on how fat you are. It usually lasts me the whole of lunchtime.

Could you not make your own tasty broth at home and take it in a flask? Get a bag of casserole veg for a quid, boil it up, drain, put some veg stock, worcester sauce, whatever takes your fancy in, whizz with the blender, then chop up some cooked chicken or beef or whatever and chuck it in, sorted. A quid bag of veg will do at least two days worth of soup, depending on how fat you are. It usually lasts me the whole of lunchtime.

Excellent advice LB, but it would be far tastier, and more nutritious if you cooked the vegetables in a good stock. Gently simmer, no 'draining'.

Another thing, did you know that Worcester sauce has nothing to do with the English town? It was in fact named by a Antonio Carluccio, who on tasting it for the first time exclaimed, 'that's the worcester sauce I ever tasted'.

Excellent advice LB, but it would be far tastier, and more nutritious if you cooked the vegetables in a good stock. Gently simmer, no 'draining'.

Another thing, did you know that Worcester sauce has nothing to do with the English town? It was in fact named by a Antonio Carluccio, who on tasting it for the first time exclaimed, 'that's the worcester sauce I ever tasted'.

Cooking them in the stock, never thought of that, so simple - this is why I'm not a chef :) Worcester Sauce is the most brilliant invention known to man, I put it in everything - this is why I'm not a chef :)

Go on Windsor, try it - I'm sure LFNs taxes can stretch to a quid out of your student grant for a bag of veg <_<

I've forgotten if this was ever posted, but Signor Carluccio could be a good ingredient in next years DL Bouillabaisse

The switchover to digital television, this happened here a couple of weeks ago but we still had most channels (well every channel apart from the BBC ones) until last night, now we have nothing, the freeview box is coming up as no signal, so it must be something to do with the aerial, I don't watch much TV but now I don't have a choice, time to dig out all the old board games I think <_< .

The switchover to digital television, this happened here a couple of weeks ago but we still had most channels (well every channel apart from the BBC ones) until last night, now we have nothing, the freeview box is coming up as no signal, so it must be something to do with the aerial, I don't watch much TV but now I don't have a choice, time to dig out all the old board games I think <_< .

LG, you'll probably have to stump up for a digital aerial, ranging in cost from £10 - £30. This should boost the narrow digital bandwidth and may be the answer.

Could you not make your own tasty broth at home and take it in a flask?

Perhaps not a bad idea.

My choice for today is green pea or yellow pea...both vegetarian options again. <_<

Could you not make your own tasty broth at home and take it in a flask?

Perhaps not a bad idea.

My choice for today is green pea or yellow pea...both vegetarian options again. <_<

Green pea soup is suitable for vegetarians, however, yellow pee is not.

LG, you'll probably have to stump up for a digital aerial, ranging in cost from £10 - £30. This should boost the narrow digital bandwidth and may be the answer.

Thanks Terminator, I've got it sorted now. I retuned the freeview box last night and got a picture for about 20 seconds, then it went off. Today I took it back to the initial installation option and it wiped all the information stored and reset itself, took a couple of hours, but it's working now.

Trying to prevent a frank discussion with Armitage Shanks to allow medication to enter system then throwing up anyway all whilst remembering you are going out to dinner in the evening.

The worry you go through when your period is late.

The worry you go through when your period is late.

Periods in general. Bloody things. Literally. The menopause can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Guest_Armitage Shanks_*
Trying to prevent a frank discussion with Armitage Shanks to allow medication to enter system then throwing up anyway all whilst remembering you are going out to dinner in the evening.

My dear fellow, why in the world should we not a have a frank discussion? Frank is Armitage's middle name, you know (it's Percival actually, but let's not quibble).

I hope your recovery remains on course and that dinner goes swimmingly,

Cheerio,

AP Shanks.

q705123677_2731.jpg

Irrational, histrionic, vengeful bosses, who make you ruin your Sunday by dreading Monday.

I think we have all had bosses like that, usually midgets with an inferiority complex.

Try laxatives in their tea.