Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

He will be hosting the SCD Christmas show.

or not

Pulls out for health reasons but does hope to appear in the 2017 Deathlist

Abdominal aortic aneurysms have a 40% mortality rate ,and if they can get treated before rupture, a 5% and below mortality rate! I'd say "he should be ok", but then, we don't know the type, size or what happened prior to his surgery.

What happened was that an EIGHTY SEVEN year old man tripped and fell, the kind of thing most of us do from time to time but brush ourselves down and carry on.

He has also had extremely invasive surgery which will take an 87 year old considerably longer to recover from as opposed to somebody much younger.

He may well go on for another ten years but he wont.

Yeah, time for the fiddled-with youngsters to start circling and finish off another national treasure, or summat.

Either way, worth a punt on the main list next year surely.

• Like 2

or not

Abdominal aortic aneurysms have a 40% mortality rate ,and if they can get treated before rupture, a 5% and below mortality rate! I'd say "he should be ok", but then, we don't know the type, size or what happened prior to his surgery.

What happened was that an EIGHTY SEVEN year old man tripped and fell, the kind of thing most of us do from time to time but brush ourselves down and carry on.

He has also had extremely invasive surgery which will take an 87 year old considerably longer to recover from as opposed to somebody much younger.

Yeah, time for the fiddled-with youngsters to start circling and finish off another national treasure, or summat.

Either way, worth a punt on the main list next year surely.

That's just blown every other post out of the water.

• Like 1

The incident in October - which was followed by the operation the next month - left his 58-year-old wife Wilnelia scared for his health because of his age and the procedures required .

In an emotional interview with the Daily Mail, she said: "I'm not ready to lose him yet. This has scared me to death, particularly waiting in that hospital when he was having his operation.”

Could she not be persuaded to - like - join us, there's plenty hereabouts who are more than ready.

Dangerous times for Brucie, Dangerous times.

On what basis, he's a fairly spry 88-year old. He ain't going nowhere.

• Like 1

Just listening to him on BBC News paying tribute to Ronnie Corbett via phone.Seems mentally there 100% but sounds croaky and physically weak.

or not

Or, as Bruce once said to the scout leader, ' don't touch the pack, I'll be right back ! '

• Like 1

Just listening to him on BBC News paying tribute to Ronnie Corbett via phone.Seems mentally there 100% but sounds croaky and physically weak.

Haven't heard the tribute he made via Phone to Ronnie Corbett but i have the feeling Brucie won't be around for much longer either, i will be surprised if he makes it to his 90th Birthday in February 2018, the aneryusm removement thing must have taken it's toll on him and it also shows he probably isn't in the best of health either. Now i have said this of course he is guaranteed to live to his 100th Birthday.

Ive just heard the phone tribute and Brucie sounded very old, very frail and, almost like he has had a stroke.

Three months max.

• Like 2

Ive just heard the phone tribute and Brucie sounded very old, very frail and, almost like he has had a stroke.

Three months max.

I think it's telling he wasn't put on video link.

Am I the only one who thinks bruce sounds OK. To me at least he doesn't sound bad.

Am I the only one who thinks bruce sounds OK. To me at least he doesn't sound bad.

Yes you are.

Three months max.

I think it's telling he wasn't put on video link.

You're right, he normally does this sort of thing wearing a puffer jacket and a baseball cap whilst sitting at his piano at home.

Yes you are.

He's Irish - he'll have no idea what a 92 year old sounds like.

Re Sir Bruce

Bit harder to call than we're making it sound IMHO. On the one hand his heart problems were serious and that's not good in a guy his age. On the other the weak sounding tribute might be down to his ham acting skills and best shot at sincerity; summat the showbiz old timers all do to a cloying level when one of their own goes.

Question is, will he go to Ronnie Corbett's funeral? Should he survive the week, I mean...

Question is, will he go to Ronnie Corbett's funeral? Should he survive the week, I mean...

That's the $64,000 question.

Its now April and, in theory, he SHOULD be well enough to attend.

If he doesn't.........

If he doesn't.........

That funeral will be a form spotters paradise; Ronnie being so well connected in showbiz. Who else is likely to go; Bernard Cribbins, John Cleese, Barry Cryer, Paul Daniels (oops!)

• Like 5

If he doesn't.........

That funeral will be a form spotters paradise; Ronnie being so well connected in showbiz. Who else is likely to go; Bernard Cribbins, John Cleese, Barry Cryer, Paul Daniels (oops!)

Cribbins has been filming Old Jack's Boat (and various spin offs) for Cbeebies, most recent ones were filmed only a few months ago. Going off them, he's looking good for a while yet.

• Like 1

If he doesn't.........

Cribbins has been filming Old Jack's Boat (and various spin offs) for Cbeebies, most recent ones were filmed only a few months ago. Going off them, he's looking good for a while yet.

Yeah, they said that about the architect who died yesterday.

We're all one heartbeat away from scoring points for others!

If he doesn't.........

I imagine Jimmy Tarbuck would be there as they both played golf.

If he doesn't.........

I imagine Jimmy Tarbuck would be there as they both played golf.

Oh aye, and Kenny (what the fuck does he do all day) Lynch

• Like 1