Tempus Fugit

Farrah Fawcett

Farrah Fawcett has cancer of the intestine, is that life threatening I wonder.

Yes. Not nearly as fatal as pancreatic cancer, but similar in the sense that it can fester for quite a while before a positive diagnosis, by which time the tumor might have spread to the bowel, the large intestine or the anus.

Item on ITN news last night about Farrah Fawcettt's fight against intestinal cancer.

They'll be a lot of upset 40 somethings when she goes.... <_<

I think Farrah deserves her own thread.

As we have seen with Paul Hunter, cancer of intestine can be fatal. In my opinion her "fast growing malignant mass" entitles her to a bit of individual attention on DeathList. :wheelchair:

Much obliged in advance

DDT :)

As we have seen with Paul Hunter, cancer of intestine can be fatal. In my opinion her "fast growing malignant mass" entitles her to a bit of individual attention on DeathList. :wheelchair:

Much obliged in advance

OK, but didn't Hunter have stomach cancer?

Much obliged in advance

OK, but didn't Hunter have stomach cancer?

All part of the gastro-intestinal tract. :lol: How's that for reaching?

This article is a bit of a bummer, it confirms that she in fact has cancer of the anus.

This article is a bit of a bummer, it confirms that she in fact has cancer of the anus.

Hopefully after a strong fight, she can put this whole shitty mess behind her.

I was particularly moved by this line;

The good news is that most people with anal cancer will be cured. Treatment typically entails surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy. Media reports suggest that Fawcett is being treated with a combination of chemotherapy and radiation.

Imagine getting radiotherapy for arse cancer, oh the ignominy. Ignominy for all concerned that is, I don't imagine it being tremendous fun for the radiographer (celebity arses notwithstanding).

I don't imagine it being tremendous fun for the radiographer (celebity arses notwithstanding).

"Guess whose arse I radiated today." The lads in the pub will be dying to hear the answer.

regards,

Hein

I guess all those laminated versions of this classic '70's pic

farrah-fawcett02.jpg

will now have to be rolled up and thrown in the trash can once and for all......

Slighty off topic...

I was checking wikipedia for news of Lee Majors (FF's ex-hubby of course) to see if his health is on the slide.

Anyway, it's good to see that Lee was a hardcore supporter of womens rights

Quote:

"Majors has been married four times, but his most famous marriage was to actress Farrah Fawcett, another 1970s pop icon. In 1976 Majors and Fawcett made TV history by being a husband and wife who sumultaneously starred in separate top-rated shows (The Six Million Dollar Man (Majors) and Charlie's Angels (Fawcett)). They were married from July 28, 1973 to February 16, 1982, but they separated in 1979. They broke up because Majors wanted his spouse to be home with him in the evenings when she often needed to work on her show. The producers of her show made some concessions—for example she was allowed to leave the set to prepare dinner for Majors every evening—but eventually the demands of both their careers proved too onerous and they parted ways"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Majors

Did Farah appear on the set the next morning saying that the bruising is due to a fall on the stairs and she will get Lee's chicken fried quicker next time :D

Says on that wiki page he had a knee replacement and single heart bypass in 2003 but for a guy pushing seventy he doesn't seem to be in any serious danger of death anytime soon.

Says on that wiki page he had a knee replacement and single heart bypass in 2003 but for a guy pushing seventy he doesn't seem to be in any serious danger of death anytime soon.

Well he's the 6 Million Dollar Man aint he! :D

That's several hundred thousand dollars at most, even in the kind of places his insurance takes him. I'd say he's pacing himself to $6m.

That's several hundred thousand dollars at most, even in the kind of places his insurance takes him. I'd say he's pacing himself to $6m.

Six million dollars. How beautiful it is. It makes you want to kill Donald Trump and Bill Gates. Six million dollars to them is a little more then gum ball machine money.

Farrah Fawcett is worried she might lose her sight as a result of a condition caused by chemotherapy. Despite all of the happy headlines last year, the linked article paints a less rosy picture, her cancer fight seems to be ongoing rather than over.