Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Ross Davidson

Due to logistical problems with finding a mutually convenient 'field of honour', can I suggest the George Melly forum. The two of you could battle it out in the limerick thread. Eminem, '8 Mile' style.

Limerick 'freestyle' carnage.

TH was in combat in Iraq?

Maybe last time round...

Ross has died. :lol:

Notable event: Welcome, member number 2000.

didnnt I just sayy thezat?

Not anymore, it was (as usual) unreadable. I've warned you via PM, now I'll do it publicly: Unless you can prove you've lost both arms in a tragic accident and are typing with your feet, I'm going to keep deleting your drivel. It's neither funny nor worth reading. When and if you're actually drunk, discombobulated posts can be amusing (Christ knows I do it often enough) but this intential persona is not only boring, its annoying. Enjoy a one day vacation and think about it.

I thought about it Typh old man...

As explained in my message to you I have decided not to set you up with my cousin Maude-Lynne. Whethere or not I am inebriated, is of lesser concern to me than your disgraceful half-assed moderation here. You prance around and whack out some posts entirely and others you just slap in your demented message of how you deleted the content. What infuriated me more on this was how you usurped your powers as moderator and deleted my welcome of SandsOfTyme and noted the #2000 membership, that as you well know was well spelled in my post which you decided to eliminate. And isn't it odd how you eliminated the welcome post but instead of removing my "Didn't I already say that" post you chose to flex your tiny muscle once more. Interesting ways you have Typh; but do as you must...no skin off of my teeth as the saying goes.

I also find it quite disgusting that you would taunt my physical conditions with mention of lack of arms via a tragic accident and typing with my feet. As you know from many of my earlier posts here, I am an amputee and am without one of my legs...and yes, through a tragic accident, so typing with my feet is clearly out of the question; but, I thank you for reminding me of that as well on (as I said in my p.m. toyou) the suckiest day of the year. It's always a pleasure to recall the deranged robber who tore out of the Gimbles store on 33rd and when turning towards the cop chasing him fired his gun and let a bullet tear through my femural artery and shatter the bone which led to the most humiliating 17 months of my life.

......We now return to our regularly scheduled Ross Davidson slugfest....

My question remains pertinent, no matter how you visualise it up...who the F**k is Typhoid Harry?

A small autobiography of Tyhoid "Hairy" and a history lesson / DL nostalgia trip in that thread.

EDIT: Good to see you back, BB!

Ross has died. :(

Notable event: Welcome, member number 2000.

didnnt I just sayy thezat?

Not anymore, it was (as usual) unreadable. I've warned you via PM, now I'll do it publicly: Unless you can prove you've lost both arms in a tragic accident and are typing with your feet, I'm going to keep deleting your drivel. It's neither funny nor worth reading. When and if you're actually drunk, discombobulated posts can be amusing (Christ knows I do it often enough) but this intential persona is not only boring, its annoying. Enjoy a one day vacation and think about it.

I wish to make it quite plain to everyone that Mr Brimley's posts are in no way offensive to me and I am happy to read them whatever my degree of sobriety or otherwise. Does anyone else find them objectionable?

Admittedly I didn't see the post to which you refer, but I have so far seen no need to publicly admonish BB.

:lol:

I have to agree with you CO, I quite enjoy deciphering Mr B's posts, if anyone finds them objectionable all they have to do is hit the ignore button then they don't have to read them.

I too enjoy Bruno's befuddled posts. I can usually get the gist of them. I was about to say he was harmless but realise that might have been seen in bad taste. That wasn't you in The Fugitive was it Bruno?

I wish to make it quite plain to everyone that Mr Brimley's posts are in no way offensive to me and I am happy to read them whatever my degree of sobriety or otherwise. Does anyone else find them objectionable?

Admittedly I didn't see the post to which you refer, but I have so far seen no need to publicly admonish BB.

:lol:

I have to agree with you CO, I quite enjoy deciphering Mr B's posts, if anyone finds them objectionable all they have to do is hit the ignore button then they don't have to read them.

I agree too Cap'n. They are often amusing and at worst requiring of more energy than I can muster to translate. Certainly not objectionable and definitely not worthy of deletion.

(Have you been on a Royal Forums moderator training course TH?)

...... if anyone finds them objectionable all they have to do is hit the ignore button then they don't have to read them.

Totally agree Lady Grendel. That's what I have done.

I'm sure some people enjoy them.

I did try to decipher them once, but life really is too short.

I too enjoy Bruno's befuddled posts. I can usually get the gist of them. I was about to say he was harmless but realise that might have been seen in bad taste. That wasn't you in The Fugitive was it Bruno?

Godot, if you read Bruno's account, you will find he is legless, not harmless.

So, although he could not be the star of the Fugitive, he could be a whole range of other villains. :lol:

Godot, if you read Bruno's account, you will find he is legless, not harmless.

So, although he could not be the star of the Fugitive, he could be a whole range of other villains. :huh:

Obviously I misread the post.

But why should a unidexter only get villains' roles? Aren't there any one-legged good guys? I have never quite worked out whether Long john Silver is a goody or a baddy. I quite like him.

Of course some roles would be difficult - like Tarzan...

Peter

Miss Rigby! Stella, my love! Would you please send in the next auditioner, please. Mr. Spiggott, I believe it is.

(enter Dudley, hopping on one leg)

Peter

Mr. Spiggott, I believe?

Dudley

Yes, Spiggott by name, Spiggott by nature. (keeps hopping)

Peter

Yes...if you'd like to remain motionless for a moment, Mr. Spiggott. Please be stood. Now, Mr. Spiggott you are, I believe, auditioning for the part of Tarzan?

Dudley

Right.

Peter

Now, Mr. Spiggott, I couldn't help noticing almost at once that you are a one-legged person.

Dudley

You noticed that?

Peter

I noticed that, Mr. Spiggott. When you have been in the business as long as I have you come to notice these things almost instinctively. Now, Mr. Spiggott, you, a one-legged man, are applying for the role of Tarzan - a role which, traditionally, involves the use of a two-legged actor.

Dudley

Correct.

Peter

And yet you, a unidexter, are applying for the role.

Dudley

Right.

Peter

A role for which two legs would seem to be the minimum requirement.

Dudley

Very true.

Peter

Well, Mr. Spiggott, need I point out to you where your deficiency lies as regards landing the role?

Dudley

Yes, I think you ought to.

Peter

Need I say without overmuch emphasis that it is in the leg division that you are deficient.

Dudley

The leg division?

Peter

Yes, the leg division, Mr. Spiggott. You are deficient in it to the tune of one. Your right leg I like. I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role. That's what I said when I saw you come in. I said "A lovely leg for the role." I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is - neither have you. You fall down on your left.

Dudley

You mean it's inadequate?

Peter

Yes, it's inadequate, Mr. Spiggott. And, to my mind, the British public is not ready for the sight of a one-legged apeman swinging through the jungly tendrils.

Dudley

I see.

Peter

However, don't despair. After all, you score over a man with no legs at all. Should a legless man come in here demanding the role, I should have no hesitation in saying "Get out. Run away."

Dudley

So there's still a chance?

Peter

There is still a very good chance. If we get no two-legged actors in here within the next two months, there is still a very good chance that you'll land this vital role. Failing two-legged actors, you, a unidexter, are just the sort of person we shall be attempting to contact telephonically.

Dudley

Well...thank you very much.

Peter

So my advice is, to hop on a bus, go home, and sit by your telephone in the hope that we will be getting in touch with you. (shows Dudley out) I'm sorry I can't be more definite, but as you realise, it's really a two-legged man we're after. Good morning Mr. Spiggott.

...if anyone finds them objectionable all they have to do is hit the ignore button then they don't have to read them.

Words of wisdom, LG. I personally have made multiplicitous use of the 'ignore' function in the past.

In addition to the 'ignore' function, I've recently discovered another way to relieve other-members'-posts-induced stress. Let's say you come acros the post of, oh I don't know, a semi-literate teenage half-wit, and you are overcome with the post's fundamental stupidity but you don't want to reply because you simply cannot be f*cked to get involved in a slagging match. What I recommend is as follows: hit the reply key, reply to the post as vociforously, thoroughly, and emphatically as is necessary to relieve the aforementioned stress, and then - rather than clicking on the 'add reply' key - simply click on the 'DeathList Forum'* link above, which returns you to the fora main page. That way, you've replied but you've none of the comeback.

*I'm quite convinced that clicking on the 'cancel' button would not be nearly as satisfying as clicking on the 'DL Forum' link. I mean, you don't want to cancel out your sentiments, you just want them to float off into the intangible.

I'm saying nothing about the previous number of posts - other than I think I've had more luck with a few deadpools this week.

Just thought I'd add my opinion... I think Bruno's a sweetheart :sick: and certainly don't think he should be attacked for his surreal posts.

Keep up the good work Bruno!

Just thought I'd add my opinion... I think Bruno's a sweetheart :rip: and certainly don't think he should be attacked for his surreal posts.

Perhaps some time in the future I will return to that (surreal post) mode or for that matter even bother posting more than an occasional snippet here and there.... well, I will post several snippets but the basics of how I posted are gone, I will not continue along in that format...

what truly offends however is how T.H. can now be found in another thread continuing along as a sanctimonious twit. Well, so-be-it, he is a head honcho here and has certain clout....welcome to life.

I appreciate the messages here and elsewhere of support and apologize to those who have been offended by my oddball ways and humor.

...... if anyone finds them objectionable all they have to do is hit the ignore button then they don't have to read them.

Me too. The gag has worn too thin for me to bother.

As I indicated, my apologies to all.

End of story.

As I indicated, my apologies to all.

End of story.

Noo prbmles.. hic.

Just thought I'd add my opinion... I think Bruno's a sweetheart :rip: and certainly don't think he should be attacked for his surreal posts.

Perhaps some time in the future I will return to that (surreal post) mode or for that matter even bother posting more than an occasional snippet here and there.... well, I will post several snippets but the basics of how I posted are gone, I will not continue along in that format...

what truly offends however is how T.H. can now be found in another thread continuing along as a sanctimonious twit. Well, so-be-it, he is a head honcho here and has certain clout....welcome to life.

I appreciate the messages here and elsewhere of support and apologize to those who have been offended by my oddball ways and humor.

Seem to have missed a page of posts BB. I see now that you are contrite and, indeed literate. Keep it up my good fellow and keep posting. Pip, pip.

I love yer oddball ways and humour Bruno, worry about yer health occasionally, mind.

Twit? Possibly. Sanctimonious? Never. I love the oddballs, but prefer to be able to read them.

Pretty much like this site since late Spring. :lol:

Thank goodness you have returned. May the laughter and intelligent debate begin.

It's neither funny nor worth reading.

Pretty much like this site since late Spring. :lol:

I hope that only means I missed the 'golden age' of DL rather than that I helped cause its end.

Although I guess the clever money will be placed on option 2.

It's neither funny nor worth reading.

Pretty much like this site since late Spring. :)

I hope that only means I missed the 'golden age' of DL rather than that I helped cause its end.

Although I guess the clever money will be placed on option 2.

The 'golden age' of DL was what attracted me to it originally; for a time I lamented its passing; the 'new golden age' of DL is a pretty good place to be now.

I hope BB will return.