Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

founder of Mercury records Irvin Green has died at 90

This is indeed tragic.

British Jazz trombonist Don Lusher has died.

I met him once.

Jazz is awful rubbish, good riddance to him and his sodding trombone. He can rejoin Ted Heath and annoy the angels with their discordant racket.

On May 25, Lay was found guilty of 10 counts of fraud and conspiracy related to the collapse of Enron, the energy company he founded that eventually grew into the nation's seventh largest company before it imploded after an accounting scandal.

Lay was scheduled for sentencing on Oct. 23 along with Enron's former chief executive Jeffrey Skilling, who was found guilty of conspiracy, fraud, making false statements and insider trading.

Both men faced 25 to 40 years behind bars, legal experts said.

So, yeah . . . more proof that Justice is served only for the middle classes and lower.

Though I'm sure death is no picnic, it sure beats being forcibly sodomized (unless you're into that sort of thing, but I'm guessing Kenneth Lay, despite his surname's suggestions, probably wasn't).

British Jazz trombonist Don Lusher has died.

I met him once.

don.jpg

Do tell! He seems quite the dashing gentleman in the picture which you have supplied. When you met him was it in the midst of a musical engagement or some other venue?

I myself greatly enjoy good jazz and am rather entranced by trombone players.

So sad to see him go, indeed a tragic loss for all the world.

I see from that site that Kathy Wood, Ed Wood Jr's widow died at the end of June. She was going to be on my list for next year.

I deliberated about this one but eventually decided that Bewitched has been repeated often enough for most people to know of her. Kasey Rogers, who played Louise Tate (one of two actresses to do so) in that programme, has died.

loularr3.jpg

:lol:

Fleegle

Actor/composer Jeffrey Winkless (he also acted under the name Jeffery Brock) died of a brain tumor at age 65. Mr. Winkless’s face wasn’t familiar to fans of the Saturday morning children’s series "The Banana Splits Adventure Hour," but he was the man inside the dog suit playing Fleegle. The late Paul Winchell did the voice of Fleegle. Mr. Winkless was a voice actor who did English dubs for a number of Japanese cartoons produced by Saban. His many voice credits include "Look Who’s Talking Now," "Spaced Invaders," "Vampire Hunter D" and "Space Adventure Cobra." Mr. Winkless also appeared in a number of live action films. Sci-fi fans caught a glimpse of him in "Soylent Green." He was the clerk who checked Edward G. Robinson into the suicide center. Other film credits include "Corporate Affairs," "The Nest" and "Ladykiller." He also appeared on an episode of "Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood." Mr. Winkless was also a composer. He scored the remake of Roger Corman’s "Not of This Earth," "Corporate Affairs" and "Ladykiller." Mr. Winkless and his father co-wrote the music for the Rice Krispies Snap, Crackle Pop commercial. He was the brother of writer/director Terrence Winkless.

Oh No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!!

Indian English novelist Raja Rao.

One I was watching a bit, but not too seriously. I'm putting him in Near Misses, feel free to argue amongst yourselves, because I won't be defending my choice. ;)

First time I hear of him. I don't know why exactly, but I've read very few books by Asian authors. Some Indonesian and Japanese work, and a bit of Chairman Mao. ;)

regards,

Hein

Writers eh! Another one pegs out well into old age. Think deeply, consider your responses to all twists and turns on these threads and then POST FOR YOUR f****n' LIVES!!!!

First time I hear of him. I don't know why exactly, but I've read very few books by Asian authors. Some Indonesian and Japanese work, and a bit of Chairman Mao. ;)

regards,

Hein

I've read "Kanthapura" . It's about the struggle for independance in India in the 1930s. It's quite a good book, I would recommend it. I'm amazed he's only just died, I thought he'd popped off years ago.

As he's on the DDP, I'll include him here, Rudi Carrell, some Dutch entertainer popular in Germany, apparently, is dead. German Obit

(broken link changed--NAP)

Edited by Notapotato

Chechen Rebel Leader/Terrorist Shamil Basayev has been shot dead

Guest iain

that is very good news if true- his death has been reported before though

that is very good news if true- his death has been reported before though

I can't help thinking that a man with a beard that fine, does not deserve to die.

Viva Castro!!

Guest iain
Chechen Rebel Leader/Terrorist Shamil Basayev has been shot dead

His death has now been confirmed so we can open a bottle of champagne.(although it seems he was blown up rather than shot-not much of him left apparentely).With Zarqawi and Basayev both dead inside a month hopes are rising that Osama Bin Laden might not be long for this world either!

just saw on the CNN crawler that Commodores keyboardist, Milan Williams has died at the age of 58.

Guest iain

ive been suspended apparentely.No idea why!

June Allyson the Hollywood actress, has died aged 88

I'm really saddened by this. One of my all-time favourite movie stars. Always a delight to watch. I had no idea she had been ill, in fact I thought it was the opposite & she was doing very well, health wise.

:)