Tuber Mirum

Near misses 2006

I Think You Guys Missed A Certain Aussie Croc Wrestler

Fear not. He has his own thread.

Anne Gregg, former presenter of the Holiday programme.

Ma><ine Edgington, who made the news last year when she sang a song with Billy Bragg for her daughter has died, the BBC South (Oxford) news bulletin announced today. There's nothing online to confirm this yet, but in her last blog on her diary she announced in June 2006, that she had brain cancer, as well as breast cancer, the poor woman.

EDIT BBC Obit

How strange the X's are on here. If I wanted to mention XXX star Vin Diesel - the Xs are all the same or is it just for Ma><ine? Does Max Bygraves come out the same..? No! Hmm.. interesting... Like the swear filter than stops some words, but not others. <_<

How strange the X's are on here. If I wanted to mention XXX star Vin Diesel - the Xs are all the same or is it just for Ma><ine? Does Max Bygraves come out the same..? No! Hmm.. interesting... Like the swear filter than stops some words, but not others. <_<

There's an entry in the swear filter for that name. It has something to do with a certain thread, now closed, named after a woman with that name.

regards,

Hein

BIonic peoopkle dont die yo thye?

DoA now have a question mark.

Nothing on einsiders, nothing on blogs...... thus far.

The DoA site doesn't want to load for some weird reason, either at home or here at work

The DoA site doesn't want to load for some weird reason, either at home or here at work

Dead or Alive now lists him as alive, so it looks like it was all a rumour.

Dead or Alive now lists him as alive, so it looks like it was all a rumour.

Who was this about? Not a near miss, not even a miss.

regards,

Hein

It's rare that I swear when I hear of a death, but this one produced that reaction:-

Sir Douglas Dodds-Parker Obit

War hero, one of the few Tory MP's of the Foot/Profumo intake left & even made the last Tory party conference in 2005, where he was described in great detail in just a few paragraphs by the Telegraph

Telegraph Notebook

Why, pray tell, did I swear? After all, 97 is a fine age & he is not a relative of mine. The reason.. he was 21st in my provisional DDP list until Tupou died, and then he was promoted (ahead of Brooke Astor). I was very confident he'd be one of my inspired unique picks, but it was not to be. :):banghead:

From then on, the more I learnt about him, the more I admired him, and future DDP success notwithstanding, I'm sorry to see him go.

So old bag Astor is in the top 20 again.

at least Puskas looks like he might help put me back in the top 10.

By the way the surviving guys:- (after Profumo's death)

The remaining member of the 37th (1935-45) Parliament is Wing-Commander Ernest Rogers Millington, the Commonwealth (later Labour) MP for Chelmsford from January 1945 until the 1950 election.

Of the 1945 intake, only Michael Foot (Lab, Plymouth Devonport), Maj. John Freeman (Lab, Watford, subsequently to host Face to Face), David Renton (Nat Lib, Huntingdonshire) are known to survive. Lt. Edward Carson (C, Isle of Thanet) and Francis Noel-Baker (Lab, Brentford and Chiswick) may also still be amongst us.

Of those definitely alive, Foot, Freeman & Renton have been discussed. Noel-Baker & Carson are a risk as they may already be dead, but worth a thought......

Guest Guest

CNN is reporting that former Democratic governor of Texas Ann Richards has died of cancer at age 73.

The darned guest beat me to it...Yes, Ann Richards, 73, former TX Governor has died of esophageal cancer. With a twist of irony, Richards wrote a book titled "I'm not slowing down: Winning my battle with osteoporosis." Soon after, Richards would learn that she should have changed the title to "I'm going down: Losing my battle with Esophageal Cancer". :)

Two players on the WDP were fortunate enough to select her and receive 7 points on account of her age: Our very own TF, under cover as "RMHED", and our own Canadian Paul. This changes the scoreboard by a great deal. Canadian Paul adds the 7 points to his previous 16 and reaches a score of 23 - and puts him in a tie with Slave to the Grave for 1st place. NOTE: CP is listed as #1 and STTG is listed as #2 only because it is easier to go alphabetical. If a tie exists at the end of the pool, the player with the lowest APA would win the pool. Meanwhile, Football Fan still technically hangs on to 2nd place with 22 points. RMHED (TF) slides into 6th place, while technically tied with JD (Banshees Scream) and Windsor the Troll for 5th place with 13 points. If the long text above frightened and confused you, turn to the WDP Headquarters for a simplistic scoreboard. It is 10:08 pm in my area so I will get out the congratulatory emails tomorrow as I do need to enrich my mind and soul with an episode of Law and Order:SVU before hitting the sack.

You can see the current scoreboard and latest news at the WDP headquarters page located here.

I'll miss Ann Richards. As former governors from my state go, she was a pretty good broad.

However, she has left an opening on my not yet submitted list for CP's pool.

I'll miss Ann Richards. As former governors from my state go, she was a pretty good broad.

I had already submitted a list with her name on it. Now I have to find a replacement also :)

Ah good, a first hit for my Rotten Dead Pool team!

I have no idea who Anne Richards was but she sounded very ill, so in she went! Huzzah! :banghead:

I had already submitted a list with her name on it. Now I have to find a replacement also :banghead:

I hope you hurry ff, according to CP's rules you've got about 10 hours left to submit a replacement.

I had already submitted a list with her name on it. Now I have to find a replacement also :banghead:

I hope you hurry ff, according to CP's rules you've got about 10 hours left to submit a replacement.

Actually, the rules state

you will be given 24 hours from the time that their death is reported on a major or Canadian news network to replace them

So technically, FFs 24 hours restart every time her death is reported on a major or Canadian news network (I never said it was 24 hours from the first one only :banghead: )

Irrelevant anyhow, since FF replaced Richards ages ago.

Octopus of Odstock Posted Today, 05:42 PM

QUOTE(CarolAnn @ Sep 14 2006, 04:26 AM)

Ah good, a first hit for my Rotten Dead Pool team!

I have no idea who Anne Richards was but she sounded very ill, so in she went! Huzzah!

Ditto OoO. First hit of my 3rd year's 10 name Rotten.com list. Off and running in just 13 days tops, and my first hit on any pool since John Spencer. My interest sparked for the type of cancer - said to have just a 25% chance of survival in 5 years after prognosis.

As already mentioned by CP, Oriana Fallaci died.

regards,

Hein

Is that the truth or a fallaci?