Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Tommy Smith legendary hard man of football, had a coronary cutting his grass.

Must've been a bad one, owt less and Tommy Smith would've rung the ambulance and gone back out to finish the lawn.

Tommy Smith faces triple bypass surgery.

But is well enough to give The Liverpool Echo a telephone interview from his hospital bed, which they have kindly shared for everyone to listen to

Another night, another ecclesiastical offering. :)

Archbishop Christodoulos, head of the Greek Orthodox Church, is in intensive care following intestinal surgery. Doctors have revealed he is also suffering from a "chronic liver complaint". One to keep an eye on. Fine beard as well.

His Wiki page makes it very clear he is not a fan of reality TV shows

"He led protests in 2002 against Greece's version of the television programme Big Brother, urging followers to "pray for the young kids" on the shows and to "turn off our [television] sets"

Guest tottytv

Reg Varney ( Uk comedy actor , 91 next month)

The Right Rev David Giuliano, Moderator of The United Church of Canada, is suffering from a malignant tumour on his forehead. He's not exactly famous, but he would be a good pick for the CPDP.

He's started a blog about his condition, but it hasn't been updated for a while... B)

The BBC reports that Italian fashion designer Gianfranco Ferre is in a critical condition in a Milan hospital after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

East Enders' Jim Branning has had a suspected stroke. In real life.

Possibility for next year. You know how strokes go...

Guest Guest

Bloody hell. He's only 67 ... he looks at least 10 years older.

That was me ... forgot to log in.

BTW the legend is correct .. I don't have a girlfriend .... in fact I'm not even of that persuasion.

That was me ... forgot to log in.

BTW the legend is correct .. I don't have a girlfriend .... in fact I'm not even of that persuasion.

Your handle is Lady Die and your avatar is Molly Sugden in a pink wig.... :P

I agree, I was quite surprised at his age too. I hope he doesn't peg it though, I quite like old Jim.

I agree, I was quite surprised at his age too. I hope he doesn't peg it though, I quite like old Jim.

Well there was an episode of Only Fools and Horses where his character talks about 'retirement' (albeit probably early retirement) but that was when the actor was about 45!

He's always looked old.... :P

Me too. What will Dot do without him? It'll be the finish of her.

According to modern folklore he is a miserable, cantankerous bastard who, when once asked by a star struck fan for his autograph, told said fan to " Piss off".

Im sure that fan will be crushed by the latest news.....................

What will Dot do without him?

Probably get a replacement.

All old, bald men look alike...

According to modern folklore he is a miserable, cantankerous bastard who, when once asked by a star struck fan for his autograph, told said fan to " Piss off".

I'm sure you've mentioned that anecdote before here or thereabouts.

That star struck fan wouldn't have happened to be you, would it, Lord? Were you that soldier?

It's time to let it go...

Cheers,

BHB

I'm sure you've mentioned that anecdote before here or thereabouts.

That star struck fan wouldn't have happened to be you, would it, Lord? Were you that soldier?

It's time to let it go...

Cheers,

BHB

No, Im sure that is only the first time I have told that one................

No I wasnt that star struck fan, I prefer Female stars with big tits ( a sort of Camille Coduri looky like...she looks filthy) and as far as Im aware John Bardon is neither female or has big tits.

Regards

LFN

Looks like some people in Pakistan aren't too amused that Salman Rushdie (anagram - "a slur man hides") received a knighthood.

Well Versed in (bad) etiquette

I think they have a point - why did he receive a knighthood exactly? For not getting killed the past 20 years? Or for emulating the royal family by expecting the British taxpayer to fund his mere existence?

Anyway, if we can find out what Cat Stevens is doing these days then maybe Salman for '08?

Salman Rushdie is certainly one to watch. Last time the Halibuts were so revved up it was a bit of an 'us and them' situation. Today Rushdie is a fairly public figure in New York and London, places where it is known that the more fanatical elements work to have active cells. The 'them' of the us and them make it their business to stay close.

To those who've never seen Bradford City play might I share a popular football chant of some years back; 'Salman's Rushdie's Bradford army, he wrote a book and the p**** went barmy.'

LFN Wrote:

No, Im sure that is only the first time I have told that one................

No I wasnt that star struck fan, I prefer Female stars with big tits ( a sort of Camille Coduri looky like...she looks filthy) and as far as Im aware John Bardon is neither female or has big tits.

Regards

LFN

Wasn't familiar with the name, so Googled her & discovered that we are both perverts, I mean afficianados of the female form, with the same taste. Most recently spotted in Doctor Who as Rose Tyler's MILF, I'm particularly fond of her turn in John Goodman's King Ralph, where Coduri looks exceptionally fit.

She does look filthy, doesn't she? Like the sort you could spot at the end of the bar come closing time & treat to a kebab before leading her to a shop doorway.

Excellent, LFN & I am pleased to see that you are keeping your moniker. I for one think it suits your obviously goodhearted & cheeky demeanour far more than Lord Dead.

Cheers,

BHB

Salman Rushdie is certainly one to watch. Last time the Halibuts were so revved up it was a bit of an 'us and them' situation. Today Rushdie is a fairly public figure in New York and London, places where it is known that the more fanatical elements work to have active cells. The 'them' of the us and them make it their business to stay close.

To those who've never seen Bradford City play might I share a popular football chant of some years back; 'Salman's Rushdie's Bradford army, he wrote a book and the p**** went barmy.'

I think the worst mistake Rushdie ever made was to go into hiding in the first place. He should have faced down the islamists and said 'Do your worst!'....

Hiding!!!!

Everyone in the Brecon Beacons knew where he was, oh sh*t, that's given those terrorists a clue for next year if he vanishes again.

Hmmm good point. Perhaps I should mean by going into hiding = not liggin' at

every ponsy event in London!

:lol: