Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Than Shwe, the president of Burma, who was mentioned previously on DeathList, has been admitted to hospital in Singapore. Details are scarce, but the good people at the Democratic Voice of Burma reckon he's got intestinal cancer.

According to this report, Than Shwe has been cleared of having intestinal cancer, but remains seriously ill. However, his deputy, Vice-Senior General Maung Aye, does have prostate cancer, at least according to world politics watch.

Guest Guest

Former King Crimson and Bob Dylan drummer Ian Wallace, aged 60, has been diagnosed with cancer.

:eshock:

I don't really expect any of the three people featured in this article to die (unless another shuttle blows up), but it's a good fun story and nice to see who NASA is entrusting with multi billion dollar space vehicles.

Space oddity

Mstislav Rostropovich, the renowned cellist and and conductor, is in a satisfactory condition in a Moscow hospital, suffering an undisclosed illness.

I reckon he should pass the required fame credentials - loads of press interest, a long Wiki write up and Vladimir Putin has visited him in hospital.

Mstislav Rostropovich, the renowned cellist and and conductor, is in a satisfactory condition in a Moscow hospital, suffering an undisclosed illness.

I reckon he should pass the required fame credentials - loads of press interest, a long Wiki write up and Vladimir Putin has visited him in hospital.

Interesting news, DDT - I've seen Rostropovich conduct / perform many times - and no doubt about meeting the fame credentials at all. 'Slava', as he is known, is possibly the most respected classical musician around. Also worth watching out for his wife, the soprano Galina Vishnevskaya, I'd suggest.

Charlie Norwood, 7 term congressman from Georgia is forgoing treatment for lung and liver cancer and entering a hospice. Probably be gone in 2007.

Charlie Norwood, 7 term congressman from Georgia is forgoing treatment for lung and liver cancer and entering a hospice. Probably be gone in 2007.

Thanks for the info. From the sound of it, he is in his last days/weeks. Hopefully he will pull a Tammy Fay and linger on until the end of this year.

While it's Ian Pasily who gets all the attention there is another elderly, militant unionist bigot still around in Northern Ireland. Much to my surprise William Craig, promient minister in the seventies governemnt of Northern Ireland, is still alive aged 82. No information on his health though his Wikipedia page makes interesting reading. It's hard to imagaine a home secertry these days breaking away from their party, forming a miltia and theatening toliquidate the enemy Would definitly come some sort of obit from the BBC.

How about Fred Titmus, I couldn't find a great deal of information on him apart from that he'll be 75 this November. But according to his Wikipedia entry he is supposedly in poor health

How about Fred Titmus, I couldn't find a great deal of information on him apart from that he'll be 75 this November. But according to his Wikipedia entry he is supposedly in poor health

Eh, that's the sort of thing that I wouldn't trust too much on Wikipedia. No citation whatsoever, what's to stop Joe Schmo from tossing that in there. Who'd ever notice/know it was wrong?

Eh, that's the sort of thing that I wouldn't trust too much on Wikipedia. No citation whatsoever, what's to stop Joe Schmo from tossing that in there. Who'd ever notice/know it was wrong?

Precisely.

He never played professional football for Watford either, only briefly as an amateur.

By the way, this report from a much more reliable source in May 2006, reportshe's still playing exhibition games of cricket!!! Poor health my arse

Indeed 12trees,

Rostropovich is one of the few Classical Maestros I could name, as an ignoramous.

Interesting news, DDT - I've seen Rostropovich conduct / perform many times - and no doubt about meeting the fame credentials at all. 'Slava', as he is known, is possibly the most respected classical musician around. Also worth watching out for his wife, the soprano Galina Vishnevskaya, I'd suggest.

Yet another cancer ridden Yugolsav leader! Ivica Racan the former Croatian Prime Minister and present leader of the opposition has been diagnosed with an "atypical tumour" in his shoulder.

More news on Racan - the tumour in his shoulder is secondary and looks to have spread from his kidneys. He is not a well man - number 1 on my list when the next dead pool comes along

Despite official denials ('he is in hospital simply because he is not feeling very well") Rostropovich has probably got cancer as well

Without wishing to cause clutter on this thread so early in the year, it may be worth noting that the celebrated Vietnam war photographer, Phillip Jones Griffiths is suffering from lung cancer. He has three tumours and has amazed his doctors by surviving this long. He seems fully aware of the prognosis;

"I don't hate dying, I hate loose ends. It would be nice to have it all sorted out so that instead of going to a hospice I could go to an exotic beach, smoke opium whenever the pain got too much and live on a mango and papaya diet."

M. Papon not a well man. Click on the France section if you are interested.

Edit: I have just found a separate Papon thread. My apologises. Perhaps a moderator would be good enough to move it to that thread when they get a minute.

Tried (and failed) to find a Robert Mugabe thread - I am sure there must be one. My point? This guy is 83 in a couple of weeks, which itself is enough to apply for a warrant from the reaper himself. However I'd like to put him on an assasination watch list for his Anti Robin Hood tactics. Bloody cheeky git!

Big Bad Bob has his thread here

Tried (and failed) to find a Robert Mugabe thread - I am sure there must be one. My point? This guy is 83 in a couple of weeks, which itself is enough to apply for a warrant from the reaper himself. However I'd like to put him on an assasination watch list for his Anti Robin Hood tactics. Bloody cheeky git!

Thank-you ATJ. Please could some kind mod move me, then delete this. Thank-you!

Kelly Taylor, yeah yeah I know, bad taste etc. But a few points I think we might usefully consider:

1 - This is a test case, meaning lengthy legal argument, appeals probable by the loser etc. Not gonna get sorted this week either way.

2 - ONE doctor has told her she's got about a year to live. Again debatable; but aren't they all?

3 - Given the profile as of today, deffo news coverage as and when. Can't see Grim Reaper and his pals, with an eye to broadsheets, listing her but under the current rules of - say - DDP, she's business!

Kelly Taylor, yeah yeah I know, bad taste etc. But a few points I think we might usefully consider:

1 - This is a test case, meaning lengthy legal argument, appeals probable by the loser etc. Not gonna get sorted this week either way.

2 - ONE doctor has told her she's got about a year to live. Again debatable; but aren't they all?

3 - Given the profile as of today, deffo news coverage as and when. Can't see Grim Reaper and his pals, with an eye to broadsheets, listing her but under the current rules of - say - DDP, she's business!

MPFC, I think you're completely missing the point of this game...

No I'm not, I'm seeing the point of this game and pointing out that others - like the DDP - cast the rules differently. Put it this way; the odd British or Canadian sprinter fails a drugs test, gets an Olympic ban for life and - therefore - disables themselves regarding the highest honours available in their game. So they try something else, you know; like American Football!

Assuming Mrs Taylor lives and breathes on December 31st and the DDP can be bothered again given the massive scale of what they now have to deal with, I wonder if she'll turn into next year's Josie Grove, lots of picks and jokers aplenty when she is selected.

Yes, you are. The point is to pick celebrities that you think might die within the span of the year. Sure, it may not be against the rules to pick Joe Terminal Cancer, but why even bother if you're just going to load up with terminally ill people who happen to have made the news? If I wanted to guess who's going to die, I'd go to my local hospice and sit around betting whether I think Old Eddie will go before Suzie Q. Diabetes.

If you want to include all the people in your deadpools, I have no interest in stopping you, but I don't think that there's many on here who want to hear about every terminal cancer patient that makes a newspapers. It's quite unnecessary.

Fair point; but we don't have a separate thread for 'possibilities 2008 for deadpools other than DL.' Anyway, she's got a year. She might - you know - do Big Brother, make an album, or something.

I'll get me coat.

Aye, them leftie leaning scumsheets, erm.... The Guardian for sure I'd say. Mebbe an outside bet on a deadpool or two here. She's way older that her killing days, and notorious. Doubt she could defend herself so well now. If she tries to live openly, even in another country she's courting disaster and identity protection in the years of the Internet isn't foolproof.

Robert Thompson - killer of young Jamie Bulger - was working in a meat packing plant in Carlisle a couple of years back. Left pretty sharpish when the details, including the name he was using, appeared on the unofficial Carlisle United site. He's merely infamous. She's famous, and infamous.