Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

Wonder if he'll be wearing his Afrika Korps outfit whilst on patrol.

Prince Harry to Iraq?

Another one for the "Never in a Million Years is this Going to Happen" file

Prince Harry to Iraq

or maybe not. Oops. Anyone else think this is madness?

Might conveniantly remove a potential embarrassment to a future King....like you know who!

:lol:

Writer and ex-barrister Sir John Mortimer is now nearly 84 and evidently not in what you might call peak condition. By his own admission in a short interview with the The Independent on 6 February, "I'm not going to last very long". He's a tough old bugger by anyone's reckoning, but I wouldn't give him more than a year or two.

I remember him saying something similar a couple of years ago. Evidently he doesn't do stairs these days, but starts every day with a glass of champagne and remains pretty sharp. An outside bet for DL - given that there are others with the brass knocker to death's door already in their feeble grip.

I remember him saying something similar a couple of years ago. Evidently he doesn't do stairs these days, but starts every day with a glass of champagne and remains pretty sharp.

I hope I can also turn into John Steed once I retire. :lol:

Bollywood megastar Saif Ali Khan is in the hospital with unknown heart problems.

Famous enough for mention on the BBC and only 36, but apparentely "out of danger." Then again, they said that about Pinochet and Papon... (yes I'm aware that they were in their 90s, but still...)

Good...unknown health concerns for an unknown person....sounds fair.

No different than most of the unknowns you raise from the acting boneyard.

No wait, a little different. This one got a mention in the BBC. :lol:

I have a hot tip for 2008! (Unless she croakes in 2007...)

Estelle Getty.

She has Osteoprosis, severe dimentia and Parkinson's disease.

Triple whammy!

For those who don't know her, she's the grandma from Golden girls and mother of Silvester Stallone (in the movie "Stop!, or my mom will shoot.")

estelle.jpg

I have a hot tip for 2008! (Unless she croakes in 2007...)

Estelle Getty.

She has Osteoprosis, severe dimentia and Parkinson's disease.

Triple whammy!

For those who don't know her, she's the grandma from Golden girls and mother of Silvester Stallone (in the movie "Stop!, or my mom will shoot.")

estelle.jpg

An excellent suggestion! Why, wouldn't it be great if she had her own thread?

Then why didn't her name turn up in the "Search" window.... The only result I got was John Paul Getty III.

Oh well, move on.

This chap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Grout turns 80 this year and I've heard from a friend, who knows Andy Hamilton that he's too ill to carry on with his role in "Old Harry's Game". Not sure what the nature of the illness is though.

The actor Peter O'Toole is reported in this recent article to be gravely ill. An earlier report, from last September mentioned he was too ill to travel because of intestinal problems. One to keep an eye on.

I'm not quite so sure on this one, DDT.

The interviews he's done recently seem to suggest he's still as active as one can be considering his past:-

Astoundingly fit until a broken hip and this report doesn't hint to any illness either BBC Profile...

But who knows?

Could be a Stroessner "gravely ill" or could be a Obiang "gravely ill". I favour the latter, at least for now.

He looked alright to me on BBC News at a pre-Oscar bash with Helen Mirren...

Guest Guest

Because he has mental ill health.

...and your point is?

Guest Guest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Goswell

I posted Ian Wallace, and sure enough he died within a couple of months. The Wikipedia article reports that the former Slowdive singer has "fallen ill". A DeathList candidate?

By the way, I tried to join this forum but never received a validation email. Can anyone explain this?

Spike Milligan had "mental ill health" ever since a bomb went off right by him whilst serving in Italy in 1943. He died in 2002, 59 years later.

So, it's going to need more than "mental ill health" to put Brian Wilson on any serious list.

By the way, I tried to join this forum but never received a validation email. Can anyone explain this?

Try again, the only reason I can think of is you spelt your e-mail address incorrectly, or you could be on AOhell

Spike Milligan had "mental ill health" ever since a bomb went off right by him whilst serving in Italy in 1943. He died in 2002, 59 years later.

So, it's going to need more than "mental ill health" to put Brian Wilson on any serious list.

I guess there is always the suicide issue with certain mental health problems but Wilson seems to be a lot more productive of late and, touch wood, I doubt he is a contender.

Agreed; his mental state is controlled to a large extent and those around him, including his wife, make sure his diet and exercise regime are steady as well; all of which suggests he may outlive his fellow Beach Boys, and should live for many more years.

Field Marshal Sam Hormusji Framji Jamshedji Manekshaw, one of India's finest and most distinguished old soldiers, is reported to be in very bad health. The President is going to visit him in hospital, which is never a good sign. As a holder of the Military Cross, The Times or The Telegraph should give him an obit.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani fell ill and was flown to neighboring Jordan on Sunday for treatment for what his son called "fatigue and exhaustion."

link

French 'Spiderman' or 'Idiot' Alain Robert has just climbed a 185m building without any safety equipment. He only needs to get unlucky once to become of interest to this site. At 44, he is probably past his climbing prime.

French 'Spiderman' or 'Idiot' Alain Robert has just climbed a 185m building without any safety equipment. He only needs to get unlucky once to become of interest to this site. At 44, he is probably past his climbing prime.

He was on my DDP last year. I left him off this time. Don't know why.