Magere Hein

Ideas and possibilities for 2008

While de Havilland has the extra yeare and the sicklier childhood, her sheer continual presence at awards shows and the like make me think that Joan Fontaine will assuredly die first. De Havilland is everywhere and looks quite healthy; I have no idea what Joan Fontaine's been doing the last twenty years.

I'm not all for alot of the women Deathlist selections, Vera Lynn has no buesness being on this list. Gabor or Wyman would have been the better gamble

Jade Goody may be on the verge of suicide. Here's hoping.

Teri Garr, recovering from a brain aneurysm.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainme...rtainment-celeb

She's only 58, yet from the picture she looks more like 78.

Interesting.....

A long-term MS Sufferer, could be an each-way bet next year... :banghead:

John Hewer aka Captain Birdseye. 85 years old not been seen since he retired in 1998 after 30 years of serving Fish Fingers. He's going on my 'men with beards' theme team.

Pete Burns claims to be feeling "suicidal" after a botched plastic surgery job.

He also claims that the operation left him "physically repulsive" too, so I guess it improved his appearance slightly.

The Jazz bassist Kermit Driscoll, is described as gravely ill with late stage Lyme Disease. He is a bit obscure, but he's got a fine name and an interesting disease which is very hard to treat, so I thought he was worth a mention.

He also claims that the operation left him "physically repulsive" too, so I guess it improved his appearance slightly.

Does that mean he now looks like Jodie Marsh? Didn't he say he thought she was totally repugnant in Big Brother?

I saw part of a programme (over xmas?) about the most annoying people of 2006 (likely a C4 all night trash filler hosted by our Graham) saying Pete Burns had gone to live with his biggest fan who bailed him out of prison - is this true???

The Jazz bassist Kermit Driscoll, is described as gravely ill with late stage Lyme Disease. He is a bit obscure, but he's got a fine name and an interesting disease which is very hard to treat, so I thought he was worth a mention.

Well right now he is at the red light, once it hits green, and he finally turns green, then everything should start to make absolute sense.

Good call there Devon.....I guess one could say that Driscoll's time is Tic-king away.......

Molly Ivins, columnist, political commentator, best-selling author and alleged plagiarist is very ill with stage three breast cancer.

The Guardian sees fit to give her illness a mention, so no doubt will provide her with the required obit. Her column is syndicated in over 400 American newspapers.

Anyone know the current status of Pamela Anderson re: Liver Function?

I remember her going on a chat show (too many of those TV fillers to remember which) around the turn of the millenium saying she had Hep C and expecting to be gone within the decade. Maybe because she wasn't going for conventional medicine but homeopathic nonsense (probably administered by our Brazilian friend!)

Yet all those marriages to Kid Rock last year might make her reach for the proper stuff to OD on.

As the BBC plans to can Grandstand, it might be worth keeping an eye on Peter Dimmock, its first presenter (born 1920), pictured here. A more recent pic is at the end of this series.

I see Bob Bork (known to some as Robert The Terminator Bork) is scheduled for his 80th on March-1st of this year.....

Bork of course was the one who finally had balls enough to fire that scuzzy little Archibald Cox at the request of Dickie Nixon. Many had been ordered to do so and power shifted and blaming fingers pointed at Bill Ruckleshaus and Al Haig amongst the other players. Finally Bork stepped up to the plate and swang the bat as it were, knocking the lowly prosecutor (Cox) out of the park. It always (well at least today) has struck me how eerily similar in appearance Cox was to Harry Morgan of M*A*S*H* fame.

Anyway moving back to Bork, I realize he is more a stateside personality, but hey lets be fair and get him on that list. Isn't it only fair to offer him some sort of consolation prize for having been rejected in his attempt to becoming a Supreme Court Justice? After all he did contribute to U.S. history.

And this photo shows how serious he is about being a prospective addeee...

------------------------>>>4thA7.jpg<<<-----------------

Eric Charles Twelves Wilson (born 1912) oldest living recipient of the Victoria Cross.

Not sure what he's health is, but he'll be 95 in October

This ones a bit dubious, but I'm afraid I have been seduced by the name again.

Tony Dye, who is (or was) a big name on the stock exchange (it says here) has had to wind up the $70million hedge fund he runs because of ill health. I don't know what a hedge fund is (or does) but I do know a hard nosed business man wouldn't throw his money away unless he was bloody ill.

Anyway, onwards, his nickname, which he gained in the 1990s when he correctly prognosticated that the internet bubble would burst, was "Doctor Doom". With a surname like Dye and a nickname like Doom, this chap could go a long way...

I thought we had a U-boat skipper thread but I can't find it. Anyway Hans Georg Hess, the youngest U-Boat skipper and probably one of the last still alive, is now aged about 83. He would probably get an obit.

Eric Charles Twelves Wilson (born 1912) oldest living recipient of the Victoria Cross.

Not sure what he's health is, but he'll be 95 in October

Well enough to do TV appearances (Nov 06), but frail enough to be in a rest home, if that's any help.

Yet another cancer ridden Yugolsav leader! Ivica Racan the former Croatian Prime Minister and present leader of the opposition has been diagnosed with an "atypical tumour" in his shoulder.

Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

Could be worse. Canada never existed. :D

regards,

Hein

Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore.

regards,

Hein

It doesn't? Quick! Change my name to Luxembourg Paul! Or Canadian Paula! Either way, I could use a change for a bit. :P

It doesn't? Quick! Change my name to Luxembourg Paul! Or Canadian Paula! Either way, I could use a change for a bit. :P

How about Paula Luxemburg? Almost as good as Rosa.

There's more to my joke than meets the eye. In 1971 Dutch chess master Hans Ree tied for first place with then world champion Boris Spassky in the Canadian Open played in Vancouver. My namesake Hein Donner, who didn't particularly like Ree, wrote an article about it, titled Does Canada exist?.

regards,

Hein

Does anyone have any health news on Jovanka Broz, the widow of Tito? All I can find out is that she lives a reclusive lifestyle.

Someone else I was thinking of was German author Ruth Rehmann. I met her in 1996 and she looked old then.