Death Star

Albert Hofmann

[:angry: Why hast deathstar not pisted again agter two posts but is saird to be a moderatorr.?

C)Are you happery I finly o[=ened this thread and topic?

D) Is Albert related to the winfderful Abbie Hoffman?

Well....

:P What?

C) What?

D) Who?

Translation:

Why is Deathstar a Moderator but has only posted twice?

I think this one has already been discussed.

Are you happy that I have finally opened this thread & topic?

I have no major feelings personally, but others might

Abbie Hoffman - Abbie Hoffman.

No, definitely not.

As a moderate user of lsd as well as other hallucinagens, I find it quite refreshing that hoffman is still alive and well. hopefully it bodes well for the extent of my existence.Dr. Albert Hofmann celebrated his 100th birthday on January 11th, 2006!100 yrs and still trippinX03.gif

This leads me to wonder...did he go tripping for his birthday?

As a moderate user of lsd as well as other hallucinagens, I find it quite refreshing that hoffman is still alive and well. hopefully it bodes well for the extent of my existence.Dr. Albert Hofmann celebrated his 100th birthday on January 11th, 2006!100 yrs and still trippinX03.gif

I doubt it. I think he'd want to do something special for his birthday. :lol:

As once said to me'

I'm sure he takes it in stride these days...

But his bicycle riding days are over.

I'm confused ....I got this alert today, and it looks like the beginning of an article saying Hoffman has died. But when I click the link I come here to the forum :) . Anyone know anything? I got $350 riding on this!

Thanks,

Lisa

Google Alert for: "Albert Hoffman"

DeathList Forum -> Replying in 7. Albert Hofmann

(Here's the link: http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...=445&qpid=2358)

"Famous for discovering the hallucinatory drug LSD, Dr Albert Hoffman has died

aged 100. It was his associate, psychiatrist, Dr Mortimer Hartman, ...

Guest LSD Lover
Albert Hoffman has passed away it seems!

It is not sure... some say he is dead, some not... anyway, the main purpose of LSD when invented was to kill people. I don't know which war was it... People were given "LSD Shower" (One drop makes you high. A shower.... hmmmm :o), so they were goin' mad in a couple of seconds and started killing each other.

However, LSD is a psychedelic drug, totally different than any other. It affects only your brain (unlike the other drugs that destroy your body too) and it is there for the rest of your life. That's why the "flashbacks" appear... damn, I started it again... :unsure:

I'm sorry, but LSD was invented while looking for a Migraine cure.

It has been tested on soldiers, but there is effectively no overdose level - other than that of several times your own body weight (carrots would kill you in the same proportions). It would probably disorientate them and possibly force them to question why the were in the Army in the first place, but they wouldn't die from being exposed to it. Your brain has a "threshold" and any dose larger than that is pretty much ignored by your neurons.

Also, it's not there for the rest of your life - that's what the imbecillic readers of tabloids think - along with "LSD makes you stare at the sun".

"Flashbacks" are just very strong memories.... like if you smell something you haven't come across since you were a kid, it can "take you back" and even make you feel the same wonder of a child.

Stanislav Grof has written several truly brilliant books on the subject, if anyone's interested (they are mostly out of print, of course, as his subject appears to be considered dangerous and subversive by the mentally weak).

It would probably disorientate them and possibly force them to question why the were in the Army in the first place

What, you mean like being posted to Iraq?

Guest LSD Lover
It would probably disorientate them and possibly force them to question why the were in the Army in the first place

What, you mean like being posted to Iraq?

:unsure:

Almost exactly, but without the threat of beheading, obliteration, mutilation and widespread dissaproval of the people for being there in the first place. :rip:

Guest DeathVice

did you know the Greatful dead aka" stuck in the middle " , well did they not take albert hoffman aound touring in the sixtys and he would make a large batch of lsd and add to some orange juice , so basically all the people would get high and the band played for hours

did you know the Greatful dead aka" stuck in the middle " , well did they not take albert hoffman aound touring in the sixtys and he would make a large batch of lsd and add to some orange juice , so basically all the people would get high and the band played for hours

Where is the evidence of this? I have never known Dr.Albert Hofmann had any involvement in Rock N Roll.

Hofmann's birthday party causes organisers to go broke.

The article notes that he joined the board of GMF after the party, which seems to indicate that he plans on being around a while yet...

Where is the evidence of this? I have never known Dr.Albert Hofmann had any involvement in Rock N Roll.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, anyone? :unsure:

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, anyone? :blink:

Indeed.

I heard on the radio the other week that John Lennon claimed the song had nothing to do with drugs. Apparently his son Julian came home from school one day and had painted a picture of his school friend Lucy, and that's where the title came from.

I think it was on Radio One, so it must be true. Wiki even says so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_in_the_Sky_with_Diamonds

I heard on the radio the other week that John Lennon claimed the song had nothing to do with drugs. Apparently his son Julian came home from school one day and had painted a picture of his school friend Lucy, and that's where the title came from.

How do they know Julian wasn't on LSD when he was painting Lucy?

Somewhere along the line this topic was talked about before. It was a simple drawing from his 5 year old son Julian. It was just a coincidence that Lennon made a song out of it.

Of course it clearly reminds you and sounds like a drug song. Since LSD at one point was Lennons world he took his sons drawing - and made it what he wanted. I'm sure if he wasn't questioned about it today people would go on believing it's a drug song.

Unless Yoko went on telling some story...

Guest puzziteer

AH yeah, the ultimate trip, the master may leave us, but will he ever really leave or will the master live on in a pristine psychedelic landscape that finds form in mind waves that flow to and fro,

which

I must add my own since IO owe a few hundred psychically induced LSD trips into the great blissful beyond, or be it unknown yet there all along.

Follow the trail to the ends of the rainbows my friends and we'll fire off yet another endless mind filled trip.

Al may join, as the true master of traveling the far reaches, as he is................... :)

AH yeah, the ultimate trip, the master may leave us, but will he ever really leave or will the master live on in a pristine psychedelic landscape that finds form in mind waves that flow to and fro,

which

I must add my own since IO owe a few hundred psychically induced LSD trips into the great blissful beyond, or be it unknown yet there all along.

Follow the trail to the ends of the rainbows my friends and we'll fire off yet another endless mind filled trip.

Al may join, as the true master of traveling the far reaches, as he is................... :)

And there, my friends, is the main reason that you should actually take acid rather than just pretend you have.... ;) Apologies puzziteer if you're being genuine, but your prose does sound all a bit overly hippified (in my humble opinion) for a genuine Hofmann fan. Or maybe I've just never quite followed the trail right to the ends of the rainbows; if I did I suspect the legendary crock I'd find there might not be full of gold. :)

Oh my god there's a huge pink dragon chasing me down the street, luckily I can fly away.... etc. etc.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, anyone? :)

Somewhere along the line this topic was talked about before. It was a simple drawing from his 5 year old son Julian. It was just a coincidence that Lennon made a song out of it.

Of course it clearly reminds you and sounds like a drug song. Since LSD at one point was Lennons world he took his sons drawing - and made it what he wanted. I'm sure if he wasn't questioned about it today people would go on believing it's a drug song.

Unless Yoko went on telling some story...

It is about a painting by Julian. Strangely enough I was listening to the interview with both John Lennon and also Paul McCartney regarding the origin of the inspiritation for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. If anyone's interested you should be able to find a copy of the interview, it features on a double cd called The Alternate Sgt Pepper

Far more interesting if you can get a copy is 'The Great Beatle Death Clues' an entire book about the 'Paul is Dead' nonesense that surrounded The Beatles. Hoffman was probably indirectly responsible for some of that given that his invention fried enough brain cells for some saddos to believe the stories.

Albert Hofmann 100 years old. The father of LSD. A wild bicycle ride. A brillient swiss scientist. What has he got left to prove?

What has he got left to prove?.......well, maybe that he can live to be 101.

What has he got left to prove?.......well, maybe that he can live to be 101.

Usually I can clearly see the death age of all canidates, I can't seem to decide with Hofmann. He shall not live beyond 102 years of age.