Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Claude Levi-Strauss

Well, of course I can - and I will, I suppose! - but by celebrate I also mean the possibility to get some more out of this intelligent man, who despite his age and the Parkinson syndrome (and some other desease?! I haven't heard anything about that) still is able to communicate some of his knowledge to other people, including students of anthropology like myself. I know persons, who have seen Lévi-Strauss rather lately, and he's still going strong! By the way, this spanich site shows not only a celebration of him, but also that he is still capable of having a "lecture" - both things only possible if the man's still alive! (Otherwise, it would be rather bizarre...) That's why I don't mind that you have not yet been able to add another canditate to your deathlist!!!

http://www.gibralfaro.net/hemeroteca/pag=1135.htm

But don't you think it's better to die whilst still active and making contributions to the world, rather than as a dried up old has been that nobody except bored Deathlisters knows is still alive?

I'm sure Hitler would agree with that,

Or most dictators for that matter.

They never relinquish control until they're dead,

mostly because they are too paranoid to truly trust anyone else.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about CLS of late. I just tried googling him in various languages, but to no avail.

And I thought this the most suitable place for my 500th post. Hopefully this committment on my part will encourage reciprocity on his... Go Claude!

And I thought this the most suitable place for my 500th post. Hopefully this committment on my part will encourage reciprocity on his... Go Claude!

Congratulations on reaching that milestone. Now for twunt-dom.

regards,

Hein

B) Ta! By my reckoning, only another several months...!

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about CLS of late. I just tried googling him in various languages, but to no avail.

|lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

|To IE

|

|Congratulation on number 500!

|

| B) - Yours Truely - Banshees Scream....................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats IE on 500! B)

And to answer your question, no, not a whisper.

B) Ta! By my reckoning, only another several months...!

Perhaps 2 months, given your new post as war correspondent. :)

Congratulations on 500.

Thank you all. I dedicate my posting success to the great man himself... may he rest in peace... soon...

Claude Levi Strauss dies at 97. I'll post the link. Although this may be a hoax so

nobody pop the cork just yet..

Claude Levi Strauss dies at 97. I'll post the link.

We have graduate number 3!

Wait... I can't see anything... are you yanking our chain? Because my chain has been yanked enough this week...

Sorry everyone! - It appears that my artical could be a hoax. :)

Damnit BS, I'm like one chain yank away at this point... one chain yank away...

CP - In the interest of relieving some of the noted strain on your chain ( :( ), a congratulatory message regarding your recent leap into (Post) Twuntdom is winging it's way to you as I type!

Soz about the delay - :) congrats! :(

I was saddened to see that everyone's favourite DL candidate had fallen to the bottom of the DL candidate pile, so I decided to put my well-honed investigative skills to work and find out the Good Doctor's state of play.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything new to find, which is a pity. CNN.com did suggest that I look for him on ebay, but it was all fruitless.

everyone's favourite DL candidate

Have you got - like - any evidence for this claim?

He's some dusty ancient scientist that made a few theories. I could care less about this man. But atleast if he drops dead then he will give In Eternum + some confidence.

Plenty

you can't just say that! back it up, man! where's your proof, what sustains your argument! it's an insult to CLS to be so academically sloppy in his thread!

Plenty

Because IE said so... and lately i'm in deep regret since I haven't sent a PM to IE in a while.

I miss those late night discussions... IE it will be a long summer and I plan to have you around. I think I will send you a PM right now.

Guest Guest

The health of Claude Lévi-Strauss is very frail. It's explains the persistent absence of Mr. Lévi-Strauss in public events.

The health of Claude Lévi-Strauss is very frail. It's explains the persistent absence of Mr. Lévi-Strauss in public events.

Or he might just be staying home to watch TV. :)

Cheers Guest

Could you give us a break down on how many public events per month - on average - he gets invited to? Some of these famous people are known churls when they show their faces, mebbe he has few friends and pines away at home healthy but miserable.