Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Anyone else think LoTSW should've been kept on. Always looked forward to it on a Sunday afternoon as a kid! That and the endless Keeping up Appearances repeats.

Well, it was a bit shit by the end, but I do think Jay Hunt is a complete cunt, so yeah. Would have been weird without Sallis though.

Well, it was a bit shit by the end, but I do think Jay Hunt is a complete c**t, so yeah. Would have been weird without Sallis though.

It might have been a bit weird without Sallis at first, but other iconic characters had came and went throughout the show. I always thought it worked a tiny bit like a soap, in that you knew characters couldn't live forever, but the show could.

Roy Clarke would have had to let other people write for the show too.

Blimey, Robert Fyfe is 92 next year - bit long in the tooth to go sneaking about with Marina nowadays.

Off topic post there, Maryport!

:D

Because he posted about Richard O'Sullivan in the Richard O'Sullivan thread? geddit?

Oh, ok, I'll get my coat...

Couldn't find any updates on the man though, Maryport, and if Vicki from Allo Allo visited him, she didn't take any photos. For shame.

48 minutes ago, msc said:

Couldn't find any updates on the man though, Maryport, and if Vicki from Allo Allo visited him, she didn't take any photos. For shame.

Aye, no worries I was just being ironic in the other thread. For any newbies looking in on this thread - feel free to marvel at the total irrelevance of a tonnage of posts in the thread that - for many years - served as our common room hereabouts

Yes, It's a special thread when you can open a page at random and be met full on with this.

On 15/08/2005 at 21:26, Guest Sir To You said:

You know, it was profoundly dispiriting to come across this petty, odious and venal message board whilst researching the 1962 Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra and wondering what had become of the brilliant child actor who played Ptolemy.

Ah, well, we've all done that one.

" On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2005 at 21:26, Guest Sir To You said:

You know, it was profoundly dispiriting to come across this petty, odious and venal message board whilst researching the 1962 Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra and wondering what had become of the brilliant child actor who played Ptolemy."

Other websites are available for that sort of thing!!! I prefer "chance upon" in this context.

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

" On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2005 at 21:26, Guest Sir To You said:

You know, it was profoundly dispiriting to come across this petty, odious and venal message board whilst researching the 1962 Richard Burton/Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra and wondering what had become of the brilliant child actor who played Ptolemy."

Other websites are available for that sort of thing!!! I prefer "chance upon" in this context.

"Oh, the Deathlist forum! That shall help me on my quest. Wait a minute...it's about death! I never saw that coming!"

• Like 1

IMG_1415.JPG

Doesn't look too bad, considering.

Looks better than he did in 2009.Pleased to see him looking healthier.Clearly the care he has been given at Brinsworth has been good.

Maybe, as he looks so well, we can go around there for tea when we have our DL meet next year!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Maybe, as he looks so well, we can go around there for tea when we have our DL meet next year!! :D

Aye, and either way we can print the recent photo and carry it to help us identify the real Dickie amongst the meandering hordes of Twickenham oldsters.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, and either way we can print the recent photo and carry it to help us identify the real Dickie amongst the meandering hordes of Twickenham oldsters.

Im, sort of, thinking that there is a photo opportunity there.

We all stand outside, adjacent to the Brinny House sign, wearing Dickie O masks.

A sort of 'Where's Waldo Wally' thing.

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Im, sort of, thinking that there is a photo opportunity there.

We all stand outside, adjacent to the Brinny House sign, wearing Dickie O masks.

A sort of 'Where's Waldo Wally' thing.

And then the real Dickie shows up

We post the picture on here and everyone else agrees he's the best looking of the lot of us

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

And then the real Dickie shows up

We post the picture on here and everyone else agrees he's the best looking of the lot of us

That will depend on how much alcohol we have consumed beforehand. :)

• Haha 1

Speaking from a professional point of view, any decent care home welcomes unannounced visits from members of the public considering their facility for an elderly family member. I'm sure between us we could concoct a convincing scenario to get a couple of us inside to do some in depth research! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Speaking from a professional point of view, any decent care home welcomes unannounced visits from members of the public considering their facility for an elderly family member. I'm sure between us we could concoct a convincing scenario to get a couple of us inside to do some in depth research! 

If someone brings a wheelchair are you volunteering to be Granny?

• Like 1

The man himself is on Film4 at the moment in Carry on Teacher.

No, @Zsa Zsa's leg, I think you'll find this one is the longest.

1 minute ago, msc said:

No, @Zsa Zsa's leg, I think you'll find this one is the longest.

Wow. Can I ask why? He doesn't seem too terribly ill.