Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Rostropovich has died.

not been the best week for Russia really ,what with Yelstin and all... ;)

James Davis ,founder and leader of the Dixie Hummingbirds has died at 90

James Davis ,founder and leader of the Dixie Hummingbirds has died at 90

Already mentioned 3 days ago

Star Wars actor Ron Phillips, who played an Ewok in Return Of The Jedi, has died at the age of 95.

Carl Friedrich von Weizsaecker has died aged 94.

"Carl Friedrich von Weizsaecker, a physicist who helped research atomic weapons for the Nazis during World War II, but later dedicated his life to pacifism and philosophy has died, his family said. He was 94." He was also the elder brother of former German president Richard von Weizsaecker.

Guest Guest

Carl Friedrich von Weizsaecker has died aged 94.

"Carl Friedrich von Weizsaecker, a physicist who helped research atomic weapons for the Nazis during World War II, but later dedicated his life to pacifism and philosophy has died, his family said. He was 94." He was also the elder brother of former German president Richard von Weizsaecker.

thats another big miss..and (with all due respect Devon ) slightly more important than a guy who played an ewok on Star Wars! :crossbone:

No one picked him for the DDP! that's Balls!

Now to go for fidel on the DDP. ;)

John MacLeod, chief of the MacLeod clan, who (in)famously "caused outrage in 2000 when he tried to sell part of the Cuillin range for £10m to raise the money needed to repair Dunvegan Castle's leaking roof" has died of leukaemia aged 71.

Now I know how the "I need to get a life" title is earned ...

I remember a Moroccan player from the 1982 world cup called Guendouz. The reason is that there was an Adam Ant song at the time with the line "subtle innuendos follow" and I always thought it was "suddenly Guendouz follows". I spent years wondering why Adam Ant would be referring to the Morrocan team in his lyrics, and what it was that he was following (it must be something inside). I wonder if he's still going (Guendouz, I mean).

Mohammed Guendouz is Algerian. Morocco weren't in the 1982 World Cup, Algeria were. And, yes, Guendouz is still alive.

Bit rich to tell me to "get a life" when you remember Adam Ant lyrics from 25 years ago.... :crossbone::crossbone:

On your other point, Rostropovich's health really only detoriated this year, so once again, I really don't think the DL can be held responsible for missing his death. Next someone will be saying Alan Ball should've been on the DL... ;)

Thanks for the clarification - I hope Mohammed Guendouz has a long and fruitful life, and perhaps makes deathlist one day

Thanks for the clarification - I hope Mohammed Guendouz has a long and fruitful life, and perhaps makes deathlist one day

arton30101-107x160.jpg

Mahmoud Guendouz

Don't ask me to translate, but it would appear that he is /was the coach of the Algerian football club US Biskra. Looks pretty healthy in the pic!

Ivica Racan, former Prime Minister of Croatia, mentioned on the ideas thread, has died of kidney and brain cancer at the age of 63.

Poor chap, his doctors tried to prolong his life by radiating his entire head, which caused him so much pain he spent his last days in a medically induced coma.

Lindsey Hughes, a perennial MPFC favourite, and chosen on a number of DP's has lost her fight against cancer.

It now remains to be seen if she will get an obit - this blog is the only mention thus far, but there might be something in the broadsheets soon.

Cricketing legend Les Jackson has died.

That was mentioned in this thread on Wednesday, a full FOUR DAYS ago, you blithering idiot.

can I ask the moderators if its ok for Octopus to make t his kind of personal insult to a fellow forum member just because I made a mistake?Should he not get some kind of formal warning?

Guest Guest
Lindsey Hughes, a perennial MPFC favourite, and chosen on a number of DP's has lost her fight against cancer.

It now remains to be seen if she will get an obit - this blog is the only mention thus far, but there might be something in the broadsheets soon.

Congratulations to Rotten Ali AKA STAB_in_the_DARK for his 4th hit.

Now to go for castro maybe.

That was mentioned in this thread on Wednesday, a full FOUR DAYS ago, you blithering idiot.

can I ask the moderators if its ok for Octopus to make t his kind of personal insult to a fellow forum member just because I made a mistake?Should he not get some kind of formal warning?

I think insulting fellow forum members is generally frowned upon, Iain. However in your case I should think that an exception has been made. Blithering idiot doesn't do you justice though, I prefer blundering moron. :angry:

I'm sure other Deathlisters could come up with some inspired two word descriptions of you, without too much prompting.

I think insulting fellow forum members is generally frowned upon, Iain. However in your case I should think that an exception has been made. Blithering idiot doesn't do you justice though, I prefer blundering moron. :angry:

I'm sure other Deathlisters could come up with some inspired two word descriptions of you, without too much prompting.

you are making the mistake of confusing me with someone called iain.Don't you realise that iain is 'dead'.

in any case I now consider this pointless discussion closed

you are making the mistake of confusing me with someone called iain.Don't you realise that iain is 'dead'.

Iain also made appeals to the moderators to ban or warn other people.

Iain also has appalling spelling & grammar skills.

Iain also killed off celebrities & started threads making us think people were dead (The Death of Tony Blair, recently, may I add)

Iain also made outrageously silly predictions which never come true & waste peoples time. (2 dead DL'rs by today)

Iain also was obessed with Dr. Who & Prisoner Cell Block H.

Iain also reported the death of people a number of days after their death. (Les Jackson)

Iain is also obessed with the death of Michael Foot.

Iain is also somebody who thinks the death of a fellow countryman will result in a member of DL's death. (Rostropovih/Solzhenitsyn?)

Iain also had his name signed in as iain. You have your name signed in as dave. 4 letter words, no capitals each time...

Iain also contributed nothing to the forum.

Hell of a lot of coincidence there, eh? Unless you are his stupid twin brother.

and the biggest clue that you are Iain is that you keep responding to the name Iain when we moan about you!

Sadly, Iain is not dead. :angry:

I will happily accept any warning from the mods, but when the mods themselves (Anubis The Jackal & Notapotato frequently insult you Iain, but in a far cleverer way, above your head, of course) insult you, I am not expecting any action. :lol:

On topic, a baseball player that won the World Series last year for the St. Louis Cardinals, Josh Hancock, has been killed in a car crash. Considering the amount of news items already, I presume he was a reasonably famous baseball pitcher over there.

Iain also killed off celebrities & started threads making us think people were dead (The Death of Tony Blair, recently, may I add)

Iain also made outrageously silly predictions which never come true & waste peoples time. (2 dead DL'rs by today)

Iain also reported the death of people a number of days after their death. (Les Jackson)

Iain is also somebody who thinks the death of a fellow countryman will result in a member of DL's death. (Rostropovih/Solzhenitsyn?)

Iain also had his name signed in as iain. You have your name signed in as dave. 4 letter words, no capitals each time...

and the biggest clue that you are Iain is that you keep responding to the name Iain when we moan about you!

I will happily accept any warning from the mods, but when the mods themselves (Anubis The Jackal & Notapotato frequently insult you Iain, but in a far cleverer way, above your head, of course) insult you, I am not expecting any action. :lol:

Since I'm fairly new here, could someone please explain the obsession there seems to be with this 'Iain' bloke? BrunoBrimley recently accused me of being Iain on the Tipster thread; well, I'm not him, have little or no interest in Michael Foot or Dr Who and believe my spelling, punctuation and grammar to be reasonably up to scratch.

All the best,

Harry Mac

I will happily accept any warning from the mods

[warning on] You're a very naughty octopus [/warning off]

etc., etc.

As they would say in Walford:

Leave it, Odstock, 'es not worf it!

Guest Guest

On topic, a baseball player that won the World Series last year for the St. Louis Cardinals, Josh Hancock, has been killed in a car crash. Considering the amount of news items already, I presume he was a reasonably famous baseball pitcher over there.

This has become a rather nice thread.

Occy has just ripped Daves balls off in a manner that demonstates utter dedication and professionalism to the fine art of hating someone so much it hurts.

Octopus, keep up the good work.

[warning on] You're a very naughty octopus [/warning off]

[childish voice on] Sorry Mr Wait, I won't do it again. I proommmmissssse. I weally weally do. [childish voice off]

'arry, me son, as they say everywhere, the wonderful world of Iain/Dave/Smithy/Stan is almost too weird & wonderful for words. How best to capture this engimatic, perhaps mistaken genius (some say a true cult hero) in a few choice words? Nay, it's impossible.

All I can proffer for your bedtime reading, to supplement a warm cup of cocoa & a hobnob biscuit is this, this & the entire works of iain here.

Always brings a chuckle & a smile to my day.

PS Thanks Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr/Prof etc Guest. :angry:

A little while back we were discussing (well me & MIB were!) footballers still alive from the 1970 World Cup. Well, Romania have one less, meaning they've now lost three.

Florea Dumitrache, one of their best footballers of all time, no less, has died from a digestive disorder which caused haemorraghing.. Link in Romanian.