Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Professor Robert Cahn, an academic with an obit, never wrote a book about Peter the Great, mind.

Died April 9th, obit in today's Telegraph, tension mounts on the mortal remains of Lindsey Hughes, or summat.

Iain Hutchinson, one of the few remaining pilots from the Battle of Britain, who was shot down five times during the war, has reached to the skies again the age 88.

Iain Hutchinson, one of the few remaining pilots from the Battle of Britain, who was shot down five times during the war, has reached to the skies again the age 88.

Having been shot down five times you'd have thought he'd have transferred to the Navy.

Remember him in the 1970 cup final, those long throws were something specia.....

Mebbe another Ian Hutchinson, eh? In the meantime: Lindsey Hughes obit in The Independent!!!!!!

If the same scenario occurred in the UK or the states, would you count the guy as being famous only for being ill, or a valid candidate?

Both I suppose. The singer Alice Martineau got quite a lot of coverage when she died because of her well-publicised battle against Cystic Fibrosis, but it's arguable she was only famous because she was ill too.

How famous was Grégory Lemarchal after Star Academy? As big as Jenifer or Nolwenn Leroy or as big as David Sneddon?

Guest Guest
If the same scenario occurred in the UK or the states, would you count the guy as being famous only for being ill, or a valid candidate?

Both I suppose. The singer Alice Martineau got quite a lot of coverage when she died because of her well-publicised battle against Cystic Fibrosis, but it's arguable she was only famous because she was ill too.

How famous was Grégory Lemarchal after Star Academy? As big as Jenifer or Nolwenn Leroy or as big as David Sneddon?

As far as I can see, the only person in DL history as being "famous only for being ill" is young Georgie Lineker. Unless he counts as being famous by association. It's good to see the committee consistently overlook the Tomlinsons and the Groves of this world.

This'll take some topping for oddest dead minor celeb of the year, the married goat in Sudan.

:)

Oh, MPFC, dear oh dear oh dear.

Iain has already been berated, in this very thread, for posting this ages after Lady Die, and not only have you posted it long after she did, you've posted it WELL after Iain did!

Hang your head in shame, MPFC.

<_<

This'll take some topping for oddest dead minor celeb of the year, the married goat in Sudan.

Iain has already been berated, in this very thread, for posting this ages after Lady Die, and not only have you posted it long after she did, you've posted it WELL after Iain did!

<_<

I suspect they still receive the news by telegram in Maryport

<_<

I suspect they still receive the news by telegram in Maryport

Almost as bad, I received this news from the Carlisle United message board. Hadn't been hanging round this dead thread for a while so missed the earlier posts, and - of course - was kinda struggling with the search function. I mean, if she'd had a distinctive name - like Lindsey Hughes - it would've been easier. 'Rose' appears in 507 posts, including me typing it now.

Either way, she's well and truly f*****g dead, eh?

Martin Luther Kings favourite gospel singer J Robert Bradley has died

and former govt minister Lord Hastings has died at 95.He was responsible for the clean air act

He was responsible for the clean air act

Is he being cremated?

Prince Abdul-Majid bin Abdul-Aziz, the Governor Of Mecca, has died at the age of 65.

are you trying to take over from me as no 1 poster of obscure non-entities or something? <_<

ps I dont know if Lord Hastings is being cremated Mary- why do you ask? :)

Famous Austrian actress Gusti Wolf has died at 95

also the well known US football coach Alex Agase is no more

and the former leader of Nova Scotia Lloyd Crouse has passed away

ps did anyone mention the death of actor Roy Jenson ?

Famous Austrian actress Gusti Wolf has died at 95

and the former leader of Nova Scotia Lloyd Crouse has passed away

ps did anyone mention the death of actor Roy Jenson ?

Nope...not heard of any of them :)

Or this chap, ad pioneer Edward Boyd but he's dead too

Well known to whom, exactly?

All I can see is that he was head coach at a school team, then a volunteer assistant coach at an University. Not exactly one of the sport's heavyweights..... :)

ps I dont know if Lord Hastings is being cremated Mary- why do you ask?

Why do you think?!?!? Don't you know what happens when people are cremated? Sometimes you make Jade Goody look clever... <_<

Iain, can I also point out that we can all see Wiki Recent Deaths. You really don't need to paste every death from there to here...

Former Irish Road Race champion John Donnan. Killed this afternoon at the Tanderagee 100 road race.

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Database/competito...19&filter=D

oh my God-I knew that guy personally... :)

I shouldn't worry about it. He hated you anyway.

I did-he used to live in the same town as me.Anyway,I was justthinking,do you think maybe Im posting too many deaths of non imortant people or what?

Well, Iain, there is a school of thought which believes that there's nothing terribly useful or interesting about having the contents of the Wikipedia recent deaths page regurgitated here. Particularly as you don't ever seem to search beforehand to see if the death has already been mentioned.

Nice of you to ask though. Shows an uncharacteristic lucidity on your part.

Well, Iain, there is a school of thought which believes that there's nothing terribly useful or interesting about having the contents of the Wikipedia recent deaths page regurgitated here. Particularly as you don't ever seem to search beforehand to see if the death has already been mentioned.

Nice of you to ask though. Shows an uncharacteristic lucidity on your part.

Be thankful it's not recent births...

:lol:

Ira Hoos is dead at 94.Now before you complain that Im reporting nobodies again I have to point out that I think she played an historical role in the development of economic philosophy uppon which the global economic and political system is based.

Ira Hoos is dead at 94.Now before you complain that Im reporting nobodies again I have to point out that I think she played an historical role in the development of economic philosophy uppon which the global economic and political system is based.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Can we have a "yawn" smiley made available please?

Obviuosly you didn't know her personally, or you might have got her name right. It is (was) IDA not IRA!