Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Guest Guest_dave_*

and another famous writer has died

Guest Guest

a window cleaner has drowned in his own bucket :huh:

I'm surprised that Dave failed to notice the death of Alphonse "Bois Sec" Ardoin the creole accordionist who has died at the age of 91

The New York Times reports the death of the pioneering and distinguished pilot, Robert N. Buck, at the age of 93. He was an authority on the effect of weather on flying conditions.

"During World War II, he performed research on hazardous weather of all kinds by flying gamely into it and recording what he saw, heard and felt."

Death of a landmark. The view north fra Maryport has changed for all time.

Why is it that dave got into trouble for posting useless deaths but everyone else is allowed?

Why is it that dave got into trouble for posting useless deaths but everyone else is allowed?

Because everyone else posted them before dave. :) Is death useless? Discuss.

It's much easier to find a dead person than it is to find a dying person, hence this thread has seen three times as much action as the ideas thread.

Even though Gaylord Rough wasn't famous at all, I'm sure you can appreciate my need to share the news of his sad demise.

Another reason is because if dave had six deaths to report, he would do it in six separate posts, usually failing to mention the actual name of the deceased, and often giving misleading information falsely suggesting the death of somebody else more famous or interesting.

Tactics calculated to cause annoyance. And very effective ones too.

Fair enough then.

Another reason is because if dave had six deaths to report, he would do it in six separate posts, usually failing to mention the actual name of the deceased, and often giving misleading information falsely suggesting the death of somebody else more famous or interesting.

Quantity producing

Attention grabbing

Name blanking

Dead on lying

Post Whore

Does that sum it up?

Quantity producing

Attention grabbing

Name blanking

Dead on lying

Post Whore

Does that sum it up?

Is that the framework for your DL autobiography?

So provoking. Your such an annoying little C-word. No wonder why the Mods ply you with warnings. You don't know how to behave yourself Windsor. That comment was third degree. Do everyone a favor and with respect, go loathing with Elspeth and talk about the queens dress.

Edited by Lady Grendel

So provoking. Your such an annoying little C-word. No wonder why the Mods ply you with warnings. You don't know how to behave yourself Windsor. That comment was third degree. Do everyone a favor and with respect, go loathing with Elspeth and talk about the queens dress.

You do know that she has more than one dress?

Anyway, I do still have one role on DL - one which I have neglected for a while. Do you know that when you go into DL chat I get lots of PMs from members asking me to come in and get rid of you?

For the record, I do know how to behave myself - I just choose not to. Given that you are rude to most of the female members, I don't think you are in any position to tell me how to behave.

Indeed, your such a creep they now have a female only forum where they can chat a safe distance from you.

Edited by Lady Grendel

Gentlemen, please. For the love of God. No more of this.

If you must continue to insult each other, please improve the grammar and spelling. It's "You're such a creep", and "You're such an annoying little C-word".

Gentlemen, please. For the love of God. No more of this.

If you must continue to insult each other, please improve the grammar and spelling. It's "You're such a creep", and "You're such an annoying little C-word".

Your absolutely right.

With much respect no examples please Ronnie. I'll walk away from this before it gets ugly.

All I can say is I believe the moderators are far to laid back and under circumstances such as random provoking little comments like this

The little bastard should be suspended right on the spot.

Quantity producing

Attention grabbing

Name blanking

Dead on lying

Post Whore

Does that sum it up?

Is death useless? Discuss.

It isn't useless or useful, it simply is. Useful is dependent on those who have a use for it, you know, deadpoolers and the like.

Peter Randall army dog handler, celebrated for an act of bravery bordering on suicidal.

Can't say I think this one too significant, except it's another insight into what - sometimes - makes the grade in broadsheet obits. Think I'll cruise the next RBL meeting down our way and see if I can pick up a deadpooler for next year!